5-room HDB loft unit in Punggol sells for $970,000

[Image: yq-mnloft1-09122021.jpg?itok=xG3Cnd9Q&ti...1639058798]

Michelle Ng
PUBLISHED DEC 9, 2021, 2:33 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - A five-room Housing Board loft unit in Treelodge @ Punggol changed hands for $970,000 last month, the sixth flat in Punggol that has fetched more than $900,000 since 2019.

However, while million-dollar HDB resale deals now regularly make headlines, these flats are in mature estates, and analysts say it may take some time before a similar transaction surfaces in a non-mature estate.

Till now, there has been only one million-dollar transaction in a non-mature estate.

In January 2018, a 177 sq m maisonette unit at Block 851 Hougang Central changed hands for $1 million. The flat, on one of the highest floors in the 15-storey block, had 78 years left in the 99-year lease.

HDB loft units are a type of premium apartments that are highly sought-after for their bigger space and double-storey height, which are rare attributes for public housing.

Five more photos and rest of the report at:
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...for-970000

Can put 10feet X'mas tree?

cleaning fans changing bulbs very troublesome. needs at least a 12 step ladder. and if yr helper falls sibeh jialat

Found a video of a similar unit (not the same exact unit).

Too bad there is actually no view despite this being a "penthouse". Upstairs is only a master bedroom and toilet, no additional patio or balcony. The only highlight is the tall ceiling of the living room. 

(10-12-2021, 03:31 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Can put 10feet X'mas tree?

Can. About 6-7 m tall so 10 feet X'mas tree definitely can fit in.

(10-12-2021, 03:49 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Found a video of a similar unit (not the same exact unit).

Too bad there is actually no view despite this being a "penthouse". Upstairs is only a master bedroom and toilet, no additional patio or balcony. The only highlight is the tall ceiling of the living room. 

Still Location, Location counts. Punggol and Sengkang even have the best ultra designer what renovation flat, condo, landed house also will not buy. Rather buy Central Location ones. This is why Gov " not stupid " Every countries Gov knows a country, whereby the city area aka Central Locations Always a place which is highly sought after simply because you can travel anywhere easily.

I think when one talk a lot of echo because its like a warehouse.

(10-12-2021, 06:11 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  I think when one talk a lot of echo because its like a warehouse.

Not lah, depend you how much things you put inside your house absorb the echo. My Uncle landed house , he got paintings, sound system, etc etc so you hardly heard any echo.

Lack of panoramic view

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 04:12 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Still Location, Location counts. Punggol and Sengkang even have the best ultra designer what renovation flat, condo, landed house also will not buy. Rather buy Central Location ones. This is why Gov " not stupid " Every countries Gov knows a country, whereby the city area aka Central Locations Always a place which is highly sought after simply because you can travel anywhere easily.

One important criteria is that the house must be near or within walking distance to a MRT station, where a person can travel quickly to any part of the Island with the extensive MRT lines.... Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Expensive because in whole of punggol, maybe only less than 10 such units..

If owner hack care about the high ceiling and build a partition to extend the 2nd floor, imagine the extra floor area that can be added to the house. Might even have a higher floor area than a EA.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(11-12-2021, 04:11 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Expensive because in whole of punggol, maybe only less than 10 such units..

If owner hack care about the high ceiling and build a partition to extend the 2nd floor, imagine the extra floor area that can be added to the house. Might even have a higher floor area than a EA.

So my friend with her 5-room HDB flat at Dover Crescent can sell for $1,000,000....? Laughing Rotfl

(10-12-2021, 02:54 PM)Levin Wrote:  [Image: yq-mnloft1-09122021.jpg?itok=xG3Cnd9Q&ti...1639058798]

Michelle Ng
PUBLISHED DEC 9, 2021, 2:33 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - A five-room Housing Board loft unit in Treelodge @ Punggol changed hands for $970,000 last month, the sixth flat in Punggol that has fetched more than $900,000 since 2019.

However, while million-dollar HDB resale deals now regularly make headlines, these flats are in mature estates, and analysts say it may take some time before a similar transaction surfaces in a non-mature estate.

Till now, there has been only one million-dollar transaction in a non-mature estate.

In January 2018, a 177 sq m maisonette unit at Block 851 Hougang Central changed hands for $1 million. The flat, on one of the highest floors in the 15-storey block, had 78 years left in the 99-year lease.

HDB loft units are a type of premium apartments that are highly sought-after for their bigger space and double-storey height, which are rare attributes for public housing.

Five more photos and rest of the report at:
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...for-970000

If you're still looking for punggol property, then you should check out NowHomes.