Hawker left fretting over $6,000-a-night hospital bill after wife gets hit by car

(01-02-2023, 11:09 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  $6,000 a night is riduculously high.  The cost is absurd.

that's why ppl say you can die but can't sick.

(02-02-2023, 08:08 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Heng I never save money on hospitalization insurance plans, just less than $200/mth premium plan more than enough to cover full.

Buy more and buy early, dont buy late.
Later if you cannot afford can still downgrade.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

both not entitled to citizen discount that's why so costly.

Ah tiong like to fake illness n injury to get MORE Money....

(02-02-2023, 09:14 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Ah tiong like to fake illness n injury to get MORE Money....

U got $ to give meh? Rotfl

Stingy till bankrupt still talk big.

the husband is a PR from which country?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

There are many issues I want to raise based on this case. It shows many problems with our system.
To be clear the man and his wife are foreigners ...but let's start examining

1. Govt often proclaimed medical care js affordable in Singapore so how come bill is so high?

2. Why are foreigners here not required to buy insurance for medical? This creates a dilemma when they are sick and need treatment, we have to treat them because it is immoral not to do it. But medical cost is very high and that puts these foreigners at financial risk. So shouldn't we require they buy insurance in order to stay here for long term?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

博取同情想不劳而获的外国啊中

They cannot enjoy the best of both worlds,
Earn in SG
Enjoy pension from China

So $6000 is a fair amount

(02-02-2023, 10:24 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  博取同情想不劳而获的外国啊中

最好积点口德。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

积个逼逼la...haha

(02-02-2023, 11:39 AM)maddog Wrote:  They cannot enjoy the best of both worlds,
Earn in SG
Enjoy pension from China

So $6000 is a fair amount
But really what ward or hospital charges $6k a day given that he mentioned that already subsidized??

(02-02-2023, 08:04 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Because this is how they cross in their home county. We go southeast Asia or Taiwan, if cross like how we cross in sinkie land, aka wait for vehicle to stop at crossing, no need to cross liao

this one i agree
i also work in india..... cross like how we cross in sinkie land, aka wait for vehicle to stop at crossing, no need to cross liao

but this is sinkie land not india or china

if they are soooo called talented import people 
then they should know singapore system before we get them in!

or the motherfarking singapore system lied to us that these are fake FTs

(02-02-2023, 10:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  There are many issues I want to raise based on this case. It shows many problems with our system.

1. Govt often proclaimed medical care js affordable in Singapore so how come bill is so high?

2. Why are foreigners here not required to buy insurance for medical? This creates a dilemma when they are sick and need treatment, we have to treat them because it is immoral not to do it. But medical cost is very high and that puts these foreigners at financial risk. So shouldn't we require they buy insurance in order to stay here for long term?

A good argument, FT/PR needs to buy medical insurance...................... Clapping nudie

(02-02-2023, 10:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  There are many issues I want to raise based on this case. It shows many problems with our system.

Most of them buy in their home country

So the husband should write back to home country 

with all the receipts to make claims

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(02-02-2023, 06:06 PM)Ola Wrote:  Most of them buy in their home country

So the husband should write back to home country 

with all the receipts to make claims

correct 
they still have support from their own country 
their government willing to pay for them
their government still need them as oversea SPY!

It will be waived if they can't pay it because they are foreigners. For local, they will ask for your relatives and friends to help pay.

(02-02-2023, 06:43 PM)Instinct Wrote:  It will be waived if they can't pay it because they are foreigners. For local, they will ask for your relatives and friends to help pay.

I don't think that is the case.............they need to pay by hook or by crook............ Big Grin

(02-02-2023, 04:27 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  this one i agree
i also work in india..... cross like how we cross in sinkie land, aka wait for vehicle to stop at crossing, no need to cross liao

but this is sinkie land not india or china

if they are soooo called talented import people 
then they should know singapore system before we get them in!

or the motherfarking singapore system lied to us that these are fake FTs

For this case I don't think she is a fake FT. After all, she is here on LTVP, not EP..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(02-02-2023, 06:49 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Now then you know. Rotfl
If not why I keep saying,buy more medical insurance.

Never expect others to ensure your own safety…

Eveytime I pass Insurance agent booths... no one approached me. Why? I want to buy a million dollar policy.

In US, all foreign citizens who are residing in the country are required to purchase insurance if I am right.
In Singapore if you are tourist or long term pass resident, are you required to purchase insurance before residing in Singapore? Medical bill from Private hospital is normally higher than government hospital. Class A ward in government hospital the medical bill is much higher. 
To obtain PR status the applicant's income should not lower than 3k monthly right? 
Can $6k medical bill be paid by installments?

(03-02-2023, 12:03 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  Eveytime I pass Insurance agent booths... no one approached me. Why? I want to buy a million dollar policy.

Cos, every face tells a story..................and your is a sad one................ crying

(01-02-2023, 08:59 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Knn Ah tiong want to raise money from Sinkee is it...
What is the hidden agenda? PR is entitled to be covered by medishield,right?