Moms attacked by baseball-bat wielding children as San Francisco crime wave intensify

Susie Coen
Tue, 4 July 2023 at 11:05 pm SGT

Baseball bat-wielding gangs of children are mugging mothers and nannies on the school run in the latest crime wave to hit San Francisco.

Last week Noe Valley, also known as “stroller valley” because of the growing population of young families, endured 11 phone robberies that are believed to have been carried out by the same gang who are targeting women picking up children from school.

One woman was reportedly hit with a baseball bat, while another was punched in the face, before the offender ran to a getaway car and drove off.

The California city has slumped in recent years from one of the most desirable places to live to one crippled by opioid usage, a disproportionate rate of homelessness and rising crime.

Violent robberies are being carried out in broad daylight in wealthy enclaves such as Noe Valley

Mr Mandelman said the city’s soft approach on crime has been good at “dismantling the systems” without fixing the underlying problems.

“I don’t think that our interventions for people who are committing petty crimes are particularly effective. I mean, fine, you don’t put people in jail, but what are you doing? Well, if you’re doing nothing, then what’s the outcome going to be? Not great.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/mothers-nannie...01232.html

shoot on sight

Children capture on camera

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5NVPj_F5LC5BnMTx-_XF...I&usqp=CAU]