How to tell if microSD card is fake ah ??

thinking of buying from ''authorized seller'' on Shopee...............maybe ask Samsung or SanDisk if shop is authorized dealer ??

what the shop can still sell fake cards hor..............how to tell if fake or not ah ?

Samsung has a software but i no have card-reader............if put card in phone - don't know if connect to pc, the software will work or not leh..........

thinking of SanDisk Extreme or Samsung Pro Plus or Evo Plus (cheaper).............which one more reliable ah ?

buy from a shop lor lol
[+] 1 user Likes sTiCkY's post

(25-12-2023, 10:53 PM)sTiCkY Wrote:  buy from a shop lor lol

Shop likely took from same source but put RRP... Lol

microSD has many types and different classes. They cater for various uses like car video, desktop video, data storage,  etc. You need to choose the appropriate ones.

The read/ write devices’ speed are different.

https://www.kingston.com/en/blog/persona...ed-classes

Speed class
The very first speed class is simply known as the original Speed Class and is denoted with a “C” symbol. There are four ratings within the Speed Class:

C2 (Class 2): minimum write speed of 2MB/s
C4 (Class 4): minimum write speed of 4MB/s
C6 (Class 6): minimum write speed of 6MB/s
C10 (Class 10): minimum write speed of 10MB/s

(25-12-2023, 10:35 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  thinking of buying from ''authorized seller'' on Shopee...............maybe ask Samsung or SanDisk if shop is authorized dealer ??

what the shop can still sell fake cards hor..............how to tell if fake or not ah ?

Samsung has a software but i no have card-reader............if put card in phone - don't know if connect to pc, the software will work or not leh..........

thinking of SanDisk Extreme or Samsung Pro Plus or Evo Plus (cheaper).............which one more reliable ah ?

You see the reviews, you will know the the shop is authentic or selling fake card.
It is all about speed. What speed you want?

Are you using for 4k video or photo?
If yes, go for high speed.
Make sure your device use must be able to support high speed microSD card.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

scare don't buy buy don't scare.

Google play got app to test SD card authenticity.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(26-12-2023, 05:55 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You see the reviews, you will know the the shop is authentic or selling fake card.
It is all about speed. What speed you want?

Are you using for 4k video or photo?
If yes, go for high speed.
Make sure your device use must be able to support high speed microSD card.

i no need high speed...........i'm thinking of putting music on it ........so reliability and durability most important.............cheap SD cards cannot write and delete info too many times mah........the flash memory will wear out..............so thought of getting better one (Samsung Pro Plus or SanDisk Extreme)..........

(25-12-2023, 10:59 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Shop likely took from same source but put RRP... Lol

that's why..............maybe some real, some fake........

can't even find out who's SanDisk agent here...............can ask agent if an online store is official reseller...............some online sellers got physical shop

(26-12-2023, 08:53 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Google play got app to test SD card authenticity.

can suggest a few ?

Most cheap ones are not fake but qc rejects lah. So if you check the usable capacity can tell.

I find that most desktop computers cannot read microSD cards even though they have the slots available. Only those new or super high-end computer slots allow for it.

(26-12-2023, 03:33 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  i no need high speed...........i'm thinking of putting music on it ........so reliability and durability most important.............cheap SD cards cannot write and delete info too many times mah........the flash memory will wear out..............so thought of getting better one (Samsung Pro Plus or SanDisk Extreme)..........

Then class 10 microSD 10MB/s is good enough for music.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(26-12-2023, 05:45 PM)theold Wrote:  I find that most desktop computers cannot read microSD cards even though they have the slots available. Only those new or super high-end computer slots allow for it.

can try with card reader ?

(26-12-2023, 05:52 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Then class 10 microSD 10MB/s is good enough for music.

i looking for slightly higher model than the basic cards mainly for reliability.............SanDisk Extreme got lifetime warranty..............whatever that means...............Samsung Pro Plus and Evo Plus got 10 year warranty

Iam not bother by all the hype
except for speed consideration
I toy with with RAM and mount pt
no expert here IaM LIKE JESUS AT THE DOOR
IAN NOW SORT OF BACKUP MY OS 1T an image file will b created in the 2T
finish i will deal with the loop disks
wish me luck
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-12-31-01-15-50.png]

For video recording, I go for class 10. But mid-low end desktop cannot read. Yes, maybe card readers.

(31-12-2023, 09:18 AM)singlon Wrote:  Iam not bother by all the hype
except for speed consideration
I toy with with RAM and mount pt
no expert here IaM LIKE JESUS AT THE DOOR
IAN NOW SORT OF BACKUP MY OS 1T an image file will b created in the 2T
finish i will deal with the loop disks
wish me luck
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-12-31-01-15-50.png]

i no know how to restore backup image of my Win10 Pro......... Confused ......so i clone my boot drive..............i got 2 clones in fact..............i clone them every month or so......... Big Grin

there is another u need to know
GRUB
sometime when u install a new disk
commandPrompt asks for RescuseGrub

good if u can master this kungfu it is not hard
u need to have a running grub and doctor the /etc/default/grub
[Image: Screenshot-from-2024-01-01-18-10-39.png]