Where does pigeons go to at night?

Is it normal to see a single pigeon on its own at night on the ground?

at night go home la.
those with people feed one go back to the comfortable home owner make for them. pigeon house.
those wild one probably has setup nest in some crack, bridges, hdb inaccesible area etc. natural pigeon hole.
last time my neighbour malay uncle has a pigoen house, every time small pigeon born he will bring to market when the size is right.
[+] 1 user Likes sclim's post

Up to 80% of Sinkies return to their pigeon holes called HDB flats at night. LOL!
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(27-06-2024, 04:23 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Is it normal to see a single pigeon on its own at night on the ground?

They hide somewhere to sleep lah! Big Grin I saw some hiding just below MRT tracks above the ground lah!

Like chickens they hv to perch on tree branches or hide in some places when night falls, because they hv too many natural predators going after them lah. Those that fail to do so will be eaten up soon
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(27-06-2024, 06:29 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Like chickens they hv to perch on tree branches or hide in some places when night falls, because they hv too many natural predators going after them lah. Those that fail to do so will be eaten up soon

Trees are usually occupied by mynahs and crows lah! Big Grin They will push pigeons down lah!

(27-06-2024, 07:01 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Trees are usually occupied by mynahs and crows lah! Big Grin They will push pigeons down lah!

Even within the same species of birds, they're not equal and hv pecking orders lah, so the more senior ones would perch higher up and their sai would drop on others
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(27-06-2024, 07:07 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Even within the same species of birds, they're not equal and hv pecking orders lah, so the more senior ones would perch higher up and their sai would drop on others

You seem to know birds better than me lah! Big Grin