You can buy 4 Toyotas in the US for the price of a COE in SG

You can buy 4 Toyotas in the US for the price of a COE in SG

https://theindependent.sg/you-can-buy-4-...coe-in-sg/

Cars have all along been expensive in Singapore.

30% of household own cars.

70% live without cars ....snd have been doing so for  a long time.

COE increase affects only 30% of household who have become addicted to cars because they never bother with public transport.

Out of the 30% only 3% or less really need a car ...5% is the number of household with disabled.children or elderly who are invalid e.g. meet criteria of careshield. For this group I suggest to subsidise or remove need for COE.

Those who need it for their job company should pay for the transport as part of business costs. Of they don't pay means theg don't really need.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

If only  30% are affected and 70% use public transport,  govt should focus on improving public transport rather than reducing price of COE ....

COE prices are not set by govt but bidded by Singapore residents as willing buyers.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(06-10-2023, 09:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Cars have all along been expensive in Singapore.

30% of household own cars.

70% live without cars ....snd have been doing so for  a long time.

Wrong. 20% of households own cars cos now there is a sudden increase in population so the car ownership in % has reduced.

Thanks to the FTrs.

Laughing