Horse trainers and jockeys say they were stunned by the announcement

“This is the only thing I know, I don’t know (how to do) anything else.”

Horse trainers and jockeys say they were stunned by the announcement to close the racecourse at the Singapore Turf Club.

https://cna.asia/3qs78Ls
[+] 3 users Like Bigiron's post

(06-06-2023, 07:21 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  “This is the only thing I know, I don’t know (how to do) anything else.”

Horse trainers and jockeys say they were stunned by the announcement to close the racecourse at the Singapore Turf Club.

They only know about horses nothing else lah! Big Grin Stop horsing around leh!

close jio close lor, MYBFD.

Can build 3 water reservoirs

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Than go join skillfutures and look for better jobs

[Image: TAaeOT.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

I have never been to the old bukit timah racetrack nor the current huan.

So no difference to me. I always thought this was the pastime of illegal syndicates and down and out gambling unkers Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(06-06-2023, 07:21 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  “This is the only thing I know, I don’t know (how to do) anything else.”

Time to sign up for skillfuture ....  Rotfl

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Desmond Lim will lose more than a thousand votes in the next election and West Coast will fall to the opposition soon!

So many other lands that can be used for housing development. He has touched a raw nerve. Racing and betting rakes in few billions over decades why so stoopid to break the easy revenue filling up the kitty?

(07-06-2023, 11:29 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Desmond Lim will lose more than a thousand votes in the next election and West Coast will fall to the opposition soon!

I din know they are thousands of horse trainers and jockeys in SG

(07-06-2023, 11:43 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  I din know they are thousands of horse trainers and jockeys in SG

The whole ecosystem, not just the horse trainers and jockeys.

the operator and their associates kena played out. jockeys train their whole life to do their job. i dunno how they are gonna survive. i heard the news say that encourage the horses to race till the last race. siao or not. people would wana minimize their losses liao, still race.

(07-06-2023, 11:46 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The whole ecosystem, not just the horse trainers and jockeys.

Like? Horse feeders, Vets, horse keepers ....how to have thousands and many are foreign traxhes

(07-06-2023, 11:46 AM)elmohootbigbird Wrote:  the operator and their associates kena played out. jockeys train their whole life to do their job. i dunno how they are gonna survive. i heard the news say that encourage the horses to race till the last race. siao or not. people would wana minimize their losses liao, still race.

Well average Singaporeans dun give a flying fugg about closing the Turf Club. I think more will be concerns about closing of Turf City in Bukit Timah more .....  Rotfl

(07-06-2023, 11:48 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Like? Horse feeders, Vets, horse keepers ....how to have thousands and many are foreign traxhes

Go and figure out yourself.

(07-06-2023, 11:59 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Go and figure out yourself.

You are the one saying white pirates will lose thousands of votes because of Turf Club closure.

(07-06-2023, 12:01 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  You are the one saying white pirates will lose thousands of votes because of Turf Club closure.

So what. You can choose to believe or not believe. Fark off.

(07-06-2023, 11:29 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Desmond Lim will lose more than a thousand votes in the next election and West Coast will fall to the opposition soon!

挡人财路,如同杀父仇人lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-06-2023, 12:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  So what. You can choose to believe or not believe. Fark off.

Why so defensive .... just asking

All can become grab drivers, do food delivery.

The next nearest race track to work is Macau?

Are they going to build another shopping mall there?

can build many Ridout houses Big Grin

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

Well horse trainers and horse jockeys and stewards etc can go up North racecourse instead. Penang,Ipoh,Selangor racecourse. But all prize monies and salaries in MYR instead hahahahaha

I rather dover forest and clementi forest shd be saved and use this useless horse racing for housing instead

https://www.change.org/p/a-campaign-to-p...ver-forest
https://www.change.org/p/urban-redevelop...banisation

(07-06-2023, 02:15 PM)Niubee Wrote:  can build many Ridout houses Big Grin

Why they never take back that land leh?  Thinking

(07-06-2023, 02:24 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Why they never take back that land leh?  Thinking

Ridout is under state land. GCB enclave... so no commercial activities is allowed.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(07-06-2023, 02:27 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Ridout is under state land. GCB enclave... so no commercial activities is allowed.

No wonder lah! Big Grin