Do you lend money to people before and never get it return?

KNS last time I lend 50 bucks to one Malaysian , talk so pity blah blah tell me can lend 50 bucks so I lend.

End up MIA never return back. Lucky not say is 500 or even 5k or more.

This is why now I never lend money to anyone.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(17-08-2023, 07:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  KNS last time I lend 50 bucks to one Malaysian , talk so pity blah blah tell me can lend 50 bucks so I lend.

If you hv a kind heart, people will take advantage of you. I hv loan to some frds many years ago, and they failed to return the money.
Some are big amount and some small amount.  Worst, some of them are not genuine problems.

(17-08-2023, 11:02 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  If you hv a kind heart, people will take advantage of you. I hv loan to some frds many years ago, and they failed to return the money.
Some are big amount and some small amount.  Worst, some of them are not genuine problems.

This is why now I rather donate to charity , instead so people come ask to borrow money.

now come friends be it already know for 20 years or more i also will not lend.
come relatives " see first " partly some relatives also fake story etc come wanna borrow money.

(17-08-2023, 07:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  KNS last time I lend 50 bucks to one Malaysian , talk so pity blah blah tell me can lend 50 bucks so I lend.

Who told you never learn I Ching?
I Ching taught me how to differentiate the good and the bad. 做君子不是什么亏都要吃的。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(18-08-2023, 12:22 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  This is why now I rather donate to charity , instead so people come ask to borrow money.

now come friends be it already know for 20 years or more i also will not lend.
come relatives " see first " partly some relatives also fake story etc come wanna borrow money.

If you have seen how some charity organisations spend the money, you will not say this. A very good example is con he and his wife.

I don’t even lend to my own brother Laughing

It is to teach him financial responsibility.  He is now richer than me Big Grin

Neither be a borrower or lender.

In my younger and pubbing days, my ex gf and her gfs used to stiff me silly for drinks the entire night Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Yes I’ve lent a good friend $5k when he asked. He absconded the day he was supposed to return the money. He went AWOL from his company and up till today no one knows where he is. Not even his family.

tomorrow will be a better day

Got la...i lend to CPF

Got lah. I loan from a number of people and returned them back. Lost to a Global South who made me vomit blood trying to collect from him. He had since vanished saying that he would be doing charitable works.