How 4 friends started and grew a company with $20K capital

I had a long discussion with a potential  business partner on a  car rental business 2 yrs ago. Idea was to was to start with 4 vehicles rental to grab and gojek drivers use the cashflow to buy more cars.

Its a decent idea but I wasn't keen on this type of business as there lots of admin and do not like cars due to pollution.the guy whom I talked to now as 8 vehicles for rent after 2 yrs ...for him was quite smoothly because he used to be a car rental employee so was familiar with all the procedures insurance etc. But still had to work really hard.

But thus group of youngsters pulled it off with a very small capital

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

this kind call business? suggest go get a day job with a fixed salary and CPF. Don’t have to worry depreciating assets and work long hours to ultimately make a similar income.

Even if it failed, the experience they get is invaluable.. Not something a fixed salary job can teach you...

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(09-10-2021, 01:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I had a long discussion with a potential  business partner on a  car rental business 2 yrs ago. Idea was to was to start with 4 vehicles rental to grab and gojek drivers use the cashflow to buy more cars.

Its a decent idea but I wasn't keen on this type of business as there lots of admin and do not like cars due to pollution.the guy whom I talked to now as 8 vehicles for rent after 2 yrs ...for him was quite smoothly because he used to be a car rental employee so was familiar with all the procedures insurance etc. But still had to work really hard.

20k.................toy cars , huh ?

Sell backside better

(09-10-2021, 03:32 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  20k.................toy cars , huh ?

In Singapore, 20K can buy only 4 car tires..

(09-10-2021, 03:35 PM)debono Wrote:  In Singapore, 20K can buy only 4 car tires..

Can buy 1 9yrs old car lah u dumb ass

I went Langkawi abt 5 yrs ago and rented a car from this Chinese Malaysian. He came to Langkawi with his wife after his business failed in KL.

Saw the opportunity in car rental after becoming a tour guide there. Within 10 yrs he was able to buy a bungalow there together with another 7 cars.

Now pandemic still got business?

(09-10-2021, 03:49 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  I went Langkawi abt 5 yrs ago and rented a car from this Chinese Malaysian. He came to Langkawi with his wife after his business failed in KL.

Saw the opportunity in car rental after becoming a tour guide there. Within 10 yrs he was able to buy a bungalow there together with another 7 cars.

Then what happen ?

20k down payment 500k loan

(09-10-2021, 04:06 PM)SeewhatLook Wrote:  20k down payment 500k loan

500K loan no collateral or no guarantor..?

(09-10-2021, 01:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I had a long discussion with a potential  business partner on a  car rental business 2 yrs ago. Idea was to was to start with 4 vehicles rental to grab and gojek drivers use the cashflow to buy more cars.

he talked sensibly and looks enterprising. gd to hv that positive thought although failure or success is a different matter.