How Come We Cannot Stop Brain Drain

Another of my uni friend & family emigrated to australia yesterday citing better prospect there. Should we banned people from migrating as too many good ones have left or are leaving?

(29-10-2022, 02:08 AM)Jinwului Wrote:  Another of my uni friend & family emigrated to australia yesterday citing better prospect there. Should we banned people from migrating as too many good ones have left or are leaving?

you see it take a genius to recognize another genius

the thing is people always think there is genius in PAP

to explain why there is brain drain clearly
you got to know there is no genius in the PAP
that will explain everything why there is brain drain happening

if you rule out the obvious
you will never find the truth

(29-10-2022, 02:08 AM)Jinwului Wrote:  Another of my uni friend & family emigrated to australia yesterday citing better prospect there. Should we banned people from migrating as too many good ones have left or are leaving?

Foreign countries value Sinkies more than the SG PAP government values its own people. 

Still need to wonder why brain drain is happening?

The problem lies with our administration, their policy tend to support their fear of losing their positions. More than really helping the people and to some extend to the country.

Singapore is a democratic country by setting up rules in stopping or banning citizens from leaving the country that will be deem dictatorship. Which will bring more people wanting to leave eventually.

Our government media in recognising local talents are through their closed knitted network which at times will let real talents get slipped away. And ended up identifying foreign talent instead, but problem still lies with their insecurity. The fear of getting replaced, just like many people we met in our working life.

All those brain drain are no brainer

Only has brain remains
Angry 

(29-10-2022, 04:00 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Foreign countries value Sinkies more than the SG PAP government values its own people. 

Still need to wonder why brain drain is happening?

it's actually very true as quite a number of people I know have PR of another country and planning to leave. Sad sia

(29-10-2022, 05:49 AM)Scythian Wrote:  .

All those brain drain are no brainer

Only has brain remains

Bullshit. 

The ones who remain are the ones who have no brains to think about how to get out of SG and make a better life elsewhere.
[+] 1 user Likes Basic_Strategy's post

(30-10-2022, 07:12 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Bullshit. 

The ones who remain are the ones who have no brains to think about how to get out of SG and make a better life elsewhere.

No more brains left to drain

(30-10-2022, 07:12 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Bullshit. 

some say it has to do with the edu system causing either brain damage or dead
Lightbulb 

World's literacy rankings

75 Singapore

even ex-saf regulars are emigrating. met one ex-colonel here

First of all, govt feel those migrate can be replaced by new FT.
Second, Sg allow free to choose what you want.
Third, Sg is very stable but limited opportunities for all. they do not want to many opposing views too.
Fourth, Sg pay little attention stress on cultural belongings. Many have globalist thinking although quite a number regret after leaving,
they cannot stop coming back or join Sg forums...  Laughing

(30-10-2022, 08:56 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  even ex-saf regulars are emigrating. met one ex-colonel here

In his place, Singapore probably approved and accepted an Indian Army General to live in Singapore..

Anyone who has lived for extended periods overseas, or has friends and family living overseas, should know/have heard of how SG's government utterly neglects and doesn't give a shit about the Singaporean diaspora abroad apart from token rah-rahs during National Day or before elections.

There should be at least 230,000 singaporeans living overseas by now. 
[Image: 1aUhDll.png]

[Image: THYKDZT.png]
[Image: s80v0iN.png]

Because our govt always label foreigners as talents mah. Make it seem like we got no local talents and also this boosts the ego of the foreigners, who think they're really better than us.

In many meetings, those angmohs I met are mediocre but always act like their opinions are the best, just because they can speak better English and are more forceful. I'm not like the typical sinkie as I never buy the angmohs' arguments and always demand they give proper explanation which they often cannot do.

(30-10-2022, 10:06 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  There should be at least 230,000 singaporeans living overseas by now. 
[Image: 1aUhDll.png]

[Image: THYKDZT.png]
[Image: s80v0iN.png]

seems to me that singaporeans are giving birth in australia and not in singapore?

(30-10-2022, 08:56 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  even ex-saf regulars are emigrating. met one ex-colonel here

have a friend an ex-saf officer also emigrated to Australia about 10 years ago

PAP wants, hopes and planned for local to drain out for past decade. There is totally no reason for them to stop.