How Companies shift their business to Vietnam as US-China relation deteriorates

It is not easy as thought but more are doing it as US China relations goes downhill

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Made in China, send over to Vietnam to do the label, so becomes made in Vietnam.

China companies move there because of cheaper labour costs. But they moved to Myanmar before the Miltary Coup. Previously, they provided the land free for a number of years while the companies set up their factories. Ukraine war has diverted most of the attentions.

They'll go to wherever the labor costs are cheaper. It's like your fast food job kena replaced by younger and cheaper workers, that's is unavoidable

For Vietnam, the quality is still not there yet. One similar brand of heater lasted only 2-3 years. The inside turned rusty very fast.

For car parts, some products are made in China but imported and rebranded in Thailand and sold to the US and the Middle East.

How come export down so much leh?

Quote:Shipments of smartphones, the leading export revenue generator, plunged 15 per cent to US$13 billion in Q1, while electronics shipments fell 10.9 per cent. Fibre and yarn exports saw the steepest decline of 33.9 per cent from the same quarter last year.

Industry and construction sector led the slowdown in Q1 GDP performance with a contraction of 0.4 per cent.

Meanwhile, Vietnam’s industrial production in March returned to the downward trajectory by falling 1.6 per cent from a year earlier, reversing the increase of 3.6 per cent in February and easing the slippage of 8 per cent in January. The overall industrial production for Q1 fell 2.2 per cent year on year.