How Fed hike more rates and SORA went down instead? SG economy delinked from USD?

[Image: Capture.jpg]

now only 2% plus nia. got what magic ah?

Sora hibor all Singapore drop  fast due to falling demand for loan..hibir overnight drop from 3.5 to below 2.

All those deals for high rate  fixed deposit will all be gone. Banks don't need the money as they have noone to lend to at the high rate.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(20-12-2022, 08:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sora hibor all Singapore fast due to falling demand for loan

All those deals for high rate  fixed deposit will all be gone. Banks don't need the money as they have noone to lend to at the high rate.

really meh? no one borrow why properly all sold at 1 million? ghost buy meh?

also not according to ur logic. if sora falls then ppl will start borrowing again.

The property loan rate rises but the commercial working loan rate did not rise. The latter has been very high except for occasional support with subsidised rates. If it increases, it will affect the economy as a whole. This might not be sustainable as the interest rates in our surrounding countries are rising. Now, even Japan has just allowed it to increase.