How cheap are some.Chinese stocks?..some are unbelievable

Of course cheap can be value trap or failing company so I am.always extremely cautions.

But j have been looking through thousands of Chinese companies and their balance sheet. So are quite remarkable in the realm.of value investing history. We don't see this type of valuations except if we travel back in time to the 1950s but to do this we have to dig deeper into the markets. Problem is some of these companies are on Shanghai or Shenzhen exchanges only. The bigger ones are also listed on HK but less opportunities. 

Here is just one example. This one is relatively  big shipping company OOIL.

Last yr it paid 35% dividends yield. Thus yr 55% dividends. 
Total dividend returned in 2 years is 85%. PE ratio is 1

Stock price was $140 and it paid $75 in dividends.

This is just one of many. But even Big caps like Tencents and Alibaba valuations are so low they just don't make sense. It's like post Asian crisis in some Asian countries when everyone left the market and just don't care. The Chinese money tends to bet on industry promoted by the CCP and you tend to seee concentration of money in these and everything else is neglected.

[Image: cicFPeL.jpg]
[Image: MGSdEFl.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Can make a list of undervalued and good growth companies HKSE?

Smile

(23-03-2023, 10:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Of course cheap can be value trap or failing company so I am.always extremely cautions.

But j have been looking through thousands of Chinese companies and their balance sheet. So are quite remarkable in the realm.of value investing history. We don't see this type of valuations except if we travel back in time to the 1950s but to do this we have to dig deeper into the markets. Problem is some of these companies are on Shanghai or Shenzhen exchanges only. The bigger ones are also listed on HK but less opportunities. 

Here is just one example. This one is relatively  big shipping company OOIL.

Last yr it paid 35% dividends yield. Thus yr 55% dividends. 
Total dividend returned in 2 years is 85%. PE ratio is 1

Stock price was $140 and it paid $75 in dividends.

This is just one of many. But even Big caps like Tencents and Alibaba valuations are so low they just don't make sense. It's like post Asian crisis in some Asian countries when everyone left the market and just don't care. The Chinese money tends to bet on industry promoted by the CCP and you tend to seee concentration of money in these and everything else is neglected.

[Image: cicFPeL.jpg]
[Image: MGSdEFl.jpg]
The high dividend payout started in 2021. Is it sustainable?

No need to look to China.
Look here. If you look carefully there are many stocks paying 8-10% dividends at current prices!

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

(23-03-2023, 11:48 AM)YummyKing Wrote:  No need to look to China.
Look here. If you look carefully there are many stocks paying 8-10% dividends at current prices!

Local ones I have already found them and purchased.
Not only 8%-10% div yield but deep discount to assets delisting candidates ...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Long ago, I look at local dividend stocks. The economic crisis comes, your capital can be wiped off, and you can forget about the dividend.