How come Public sectors/ Stat boards don't have retrenchment?

heard old civil servant been condem also can work till retire.

heard their style is " indirect make you resign " ?

literally Economics so bad , yet Public sectors/ Stats board never cut down on hiring or do retrenchment.

Worry part is all their wages are from Public funds

no wonder always need to increase GST , Taxes etc huh?

Cannot retrench,, else everyone follow... how ?
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

how can you retrench PAP oligarchy

ridiculous mayor post coming

PAP oligarchy expansion
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(12-11-2022, 06:20 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  how can you retrench PAP oligarchy

ridiculous mayor post coming

PAP oligarchy expansion
Angry Angry Angry

(12-11-2022, 06:19 PM)FangFang Wrote:  Cannot retrench,, else everyone follow... how ?

Funny is Private sector retrench should be why Public sectors/Stats board never and their wages, bonus is indirectly depend from Private sectors.

If one claim all those Govt tender project are given to Private sectors = business is " not consider " in the sense, think simple

Who pay ? AGAIN from Public funds.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

got. my many friends got retrenched many years back . got compensation and many managed to get employed somewhere else w/o long wait.

(12-11-2022, 06:34 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  got. my many friends got retrenched many years back . got compensation and many managed to get employed somewhere else w/o long wait.

is old ones is it
I know those above 60 , HR do cut their pay BUT Still alot than a 60 year old working in Private sectors " prefer those low tier rank ones "

in fact private sectors by 50+ you already out

Base on CAreers Future website

During pandemic already employees let go but no replacement

Since PAP said 2023 Recession, till date not much hiring activities either

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(12-11-2022, 06:19 PM)FangFang Wrote:  Cannot retrench,, else everyone follow... how ?
To reduce unemployment rate
Need to employ more

(12-11-2022, 07:00 PM)Ola Wrote:  Base on CAreers Future website

During pandemic already employees let go but no replacement

Since PAP said 2023 Recession, till date not much hiring activities either

(12-11-2022, 07:02 PM)Oasis Wrote:  To reduce unemployment rate
Need to employ more

actually they " purposely create jobs " if you go Gov careers so many jobs
Most important , they can hire so many civil servant BUT when you lodge complains, feedbacks, action so slow ????

they still got the cheek claim " no much man power " ??

they just dont renew your contract

(12-11-2022, 06:14 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  heard old civil servant been condem also can work till retire.

heard their style is " indirect make you resign " ?

literally Economics so bad , yet Public sectors/ Stats board never cut down on hiring or do retrenchment.

Worry part is all their wages are from Public funds

no wonder always need to increase GST , Taxes etc huh?

If govt retrench means govt no money liao. That's not a good sign for the country.

Who say stat board never retrench? Maybe they don't use the word retrench. They use the word called Golden Handshake aka early retirement perhaps. My neighbor was one of them and he took the handshake but he never reveal the compensation package. I am thinking for them should be the norm one month for every year of service cap at X years. For private sector good luck if there is any. I personally experience is 2 weeks for every year of service and I never reach the 10 year mark so not sure they cap at X years what is the value of X

Btw the stat board he work in is HDB. As for GLC my fren is PSA and he witness it too but PSA not sure they use the word Golden Handshake.

They won't retrench you but will fin ways to force you to leave.

(12-11-2022, 10:28 PM)sgh Wrote:  Who say stat board never retrench? Maybe they don't use the word retrench. They use the word called Golden Handshake aka early retirement perhaps. My neighbor was one of them and he took the handshake but he never reveal the compensation package. I am thinking for them should be the norm one month for every year of service cap at X years. For private sector good luck if there is any. I personally experience is 2 weeks for every year of service and I never reach the 10 year mark so not sure they cap at X years what is the value of X

Btw the stat board he work in is HDB. As for GLC my fren is PSA and he witness it too but PSA not sure they use the word Golden Handshake.

I know some work for 30 yrs till got long service award , and FYI got money to take.

(12-11-2022, 11:23 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I know some work for 30 yrs till got long service award , and FYI got money to take.

From my neighbor talk, he say some of them after take the golden handshake is back working for HDB with a lower pay grade or as contract staff double happiness sia. I don't mind if HDB "retrench" me and then re-employ me back. But this is of cuz rumors as my neighbor never get re-employed back after take the golden handshake.

(12-11-2022, 11:30 PM)sgh Wrote:  From my neighbor talk, he say some of them after take the golden handshake is back working for HDB with a lower pay grade or as contract staff double happiness sia. I don't mind if HDB "retrench" me and then re-employ me back. But this is of cuz rumors as my neighbor never get re-employed back after take the golden handshake.

This is the " system take for granted " thus civil servants no fear of worry getting retrench.

Ask to leave ONLY SERIOUS matter offence, like you involve in mis conduct , corruption.

Without the government hiring those fresh graduates, the employment rate should be very high for the past 2 years.

Many government departments also freeze headcount. Know of few fresh graduates being offered 9 months or 1 year contracts. Thereafter, they have to look for jobs elsewhere. Those who were on 9 months contract were not entitled for 13 months nor bonuses. Again, the government save money on this.