How come so many western countries allow Chinese police stations...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

no wonder nowadays in many places one can always hear ppl shouting 公安来了,快跑快跑!

Do we have such kind of illegal service here in Singapore?  If dun have,  how come there were reports about pple (presumably the PRCs) being swindled by scammers disguised as "GongAnn".  We dun use the term "GongAnn". Dun think our forumer Scythian bothers about Singapore Police since he now resides in Australia.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-secret-poli...59838.html

(21-10-2022, 12:23 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  Do we have such kind of illegal service here in Singapore?  If dun have,  how come there were reports about pple (presumably the PRCs) being swindled by scammers disguised as "GongAnn".  We dun use the term "GongAnn".  Dun think our forumer Scythian bothers about Singapore Police since he now resides in Australia.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-secret-poli...59838.html

It's gong an.  Not gongann.

Gong an means public security.  Yeah, we do not use this term here. We say mata.   Rotfl

Anyway, do expect that the mandarin we speak here will change to follow how it is spoken in PRC.  It is a matter of time.

So don't be surprised if one day you hear kids saying zixingche instead of jiaoche for bicycle..

And frankly speaking, a bus captain from China would feel more comfortable if you call him shifu when you want to ask him a question, instead of standing at his side, not greeting /acknowledging him, because you don't know what to call him, and you don't know his name, so you go "Er, this bus got go Bugis there or not ah?'  Laughing

China opens everything everywhere...illegal massage parlors and gambling dens are number 1.

(21-10-2022, 08:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

The videoclip alleged that China is using these police posts as a front to influence local politics while pretending to be intended to help its citizens from things like cybercrimes.

To be fair, and I am NOT a CCP ib like lvlrsSTI, it will take a stretch of imagination to see how a police post, known to be a Chinese one, can go so far as to influence the locals to vote differently.  Interference in local politics is done discreetly, not so obviously by setting up a police post with political agenda oozing from its every corner.

There had indeed been cases where the Chinese fell victim to online scams and phone calls which purported to be made by "police officers from China".  Some cases were averted by our alert banking staff and the local police, but others fell through...case in point, a Chinses student who was studying here transferred $170,000 to a fraudster who pretended to be a Chinese police officer.

(21-10-2022, 12:36 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It's gong an.  Not gongann.

Gong an means public security.  Yeah, we do not use this term here. We say mata.   Rotfl

Anyway, do expect that the mandarin we speak here will change to follow how it is spoken in PRC.  It is a matter of time.

So don't be surprised if one day you hear kids saying zixingche instead of jiaoche for bicycle..

And frankly speaking, a bus captain from China would feel more comfortable if you call him shifu when you want to ask him a question, instead of standing at his side, not greeting /acknowledging him, because you don't know what to call him, and you don't know his name, so you go "Er, this bus got go Bugis there or not ah?'  Laughing

No lah. We will never call mata Gongann; always call them Jingchar。 We never call Bus Driver Sifu, we call them SiJi。 U must be from Commie China to call them that way.

can sense that these gongkia very scared of gongan. the moment they heard someone shouted gongan lailiao they fled immediately.

(21-10-2022, 12:58 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  No lah.  We will never call mata Gongann;  always call them Jingchar。  We never call Bus Driver Sifu,  we call them  SiJi。  U must be from Commie China to call them that way.

My apology.  I forget that you are a Malaysian and were posting from KL.

No, we don't call our bus drivers "siji" which you jhks call.

We call them "bus captain" but in true Singaporean Mandarin, we wouldn't translate that to gongjiache zhang.  We'd say bashiche zhang.   Rotfl

Not really that difficult to achieve, just buy over the local secret societies in various country to work for them as mata can liao. Those secret societies are already an sexpert in the field of extortion, assassination, kidnapping, trafficking etc, and have already established and working network that CCP can utilize.

Maybe wont work as well in countries like red dot, after all our ah beng ah seng are too beh kan in this kind of hardcore crimes.

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

Sg Fett,  

Fake news again to defame China.  

Show the evidence of Chinese police in foreign land.