How efforts to engage citizens' minds can come to nought due to Minister Vivian

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...-to-nought

I refer to the article "Vivian Balakrishnan apologises to PSP's Leong Mun Wai after 'illiterate' comment circulates online" (Sept 15).

If the People's Action Party wants to know why it has lost vote share and a second group representation constituency in the last election, it needs to look no further than this incident.

Voters can be put off by what they perceive as an elitist and condescending attitude towards the opposition.

The Government tries so hard to win the minds of the people, but it forgets that often the heart transcends the mind.

Ministers can spend hours making speeches about the benefits of having free trade agreements or the importance of stamping out racism.

But all these efforts to engage the logical minds of citizens come to nought when ministers make remarks that pierce the hearts of the people.

The Government often chastises Singaporeans for being racist or xenophobic, but does it have the moral high ground to do so when its own Cabinet ministers can be seen to be elitist?

Elitism is no less a form of discrimination than racism or xenophobia.

This incident also leads to the worrying question of whether such elitist thinking and chatter are also present at Cabinet meetings.

Victor Ng Beng Li
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

A liability to the party......... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Minister Vivian is our Foreign Minister who deals with rich and poor countries in the world.

If Minister Vivian is elitist, will he look down on the poor countries ?

Foreign Minister is a minister who should have the best decorum and public behaviour because he represents 
Singapore to the world.

How can a person with a elitist and condescending attitude be our Foreign Minister to represent Singapore ?

Which country has the best Foreign Minister ?
We need to import Foreign Minister from other countries because we can afford to pay $millions

It's all a charade....Vivian remark is a give away.
The letter make it sound that that is only thing pap did wrong but they were  far worse:..

1. They were grilling LMW like Spanish inquisition using trick questions to corner and distort. You like durian ..plse answer yes or no.

2. They hurl unproven accusations at PSP calling them racists.  Where is the proof?..Doesn't making such allegations heighten racial tensions.. it is unethical and immoral.

3.they rejected WP request to add to the motion to commit to proactively release data. Why don't they  want to release data?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-09-2021, 10:14 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  A liability to the party......... Rolleyes

a stage 4 cancer, need to remove before next election.

[Image: mrrvdCP.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Vivian is only partially at fault. He's the one who questioned LMW's ability to enter RI but he's not the one who said that RI is a lousy school. There's another person who said it, most likely by LW.

Vivian is taking the sh*t for LW.

Maybe all PAP Ministers are like that. Even the 5 Ultra- expensive low quality Mayors cum Ministers.

[Image: Mayors-in-the-World.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(18-09-2021, 10:11 AM)This incident also leads to the worrying question of whether such elitist thinking and chatter are also present at Cabinet meetings. Wrote:  Victor Ng Beng Li
This question is best answered by the fact that the PM was sitting next to them when the ridicules were exchanged!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(18-09-2021, 10:33 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Minister Vivian is our Foreign Minister who deals with rich and poor countries in the world.

If Minister Vivian is elitist, will he look down on the poor countries ?

Foreign Minister is a minister who should have the best decorum and public behaviour because he represents 
Singapore to the world.

How can a person with a elitist and condescending attitude be our Foreign Minister to represent Singapore ?

Which country has the best Foreign Minister ?
We need to import Foreign Minister from other countries because we can afford to pay $millions
Simi look down?

The elitist mindset will direct him to exploit the poor, suck up to the richer countries. You put a commoner mindset in that position, he or she will think of helping the poor, doing real charity, and repel the rich nations from exploitation on the poor countries or on Singaporeans.

The elites exist to curd the commoners and enslave the masses. It has been the case since the dawn of time. Not exclusive to Singapore or PAP lah. And it will never go away.

Quote: Elitism is no less a form of discrimination than racism or xenophobia.

This incident also leads to the worrying question of whether such elitist thinking and chatter are also present at Cabinet meetings.

Victor Ng Beng Li

Yes, I am pretty sure it also happen at Cabinet meetings. On the inside, they will laugh at people graduated from lousier Universities than them.

But how come they can accept ceca people with fake degrees and fake credentials?????

Why?
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

(18-09-2021, 01:29 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Yes, I am pretty sure it also happen at Cabinet meetings. On the inside, they will laugh at people graduated from lousier Universities than them.

But how come they can accept ceca people with fake degrees and fake credentials?????

Why?

They are a bunch of self serving uncaring hypocrites lah. .... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Heng har .... maybe they will forget my cotton come from sheep sia suay incident .....

[Image: T5VI9.gif]

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

I think Vivi just self fugg the partee when they thought they can dispel the CECA issues thru the debate

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

All these elitism reminds me of the famous Umbrage Ng Yat Chung who also has this ‘high in the head’ and point finger at ‘us’ when talking attitude.. 

And all these are the so called Gov Scholars produced by our Gov.

(18-09-2021, 01:29 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Yes, I am pretty sure it also happen at Cabinet meetings. On the inside, they will laugh at people graduated from lousier Universities than them.

Why?

em . . . .

To drive down our salary so that we are  slaves of FTs. 

That is why they never wanted to solve the FTs /CECA issues for past 12 years.

Hahahaha vivian scored own goal Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-09-2021, 04:47 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Hahahaha vivian scored own goal Laughing

Grace Foo also scored own goal.

She was the MP who rejected the idea of live parliament because "complete footage will be provided and does not add transparency".

But due to recession for past 1.5 years, 65% has shown greater interest in politics. 

Now, our eyes can see their folly.

Disgraceful, dishonorable, Disgusting.