How foolish homebuyers are overstretching themselves

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

this quote never go wrong.
Don't have a BIG head Don't try to wear a BIG Cap.

The anxiety over decaying HDB lease is overhyped. The 50+ year old flats in SG mostly are in superb locations and will likely be enbloced for higher density housing under SERS. For less good locations, there is still the Voluntary Early Redevelopment Scheme (VERS). No such programs for 99 years condo.

(17-11-2021, 07:09 PM)starbugs Wrote:  The anxiety over decaying HDB lease is overhyped. The 50+ year old flats in SG mostly are in superb locations and will likely be enbloced for higher density housing under SERS. For less good locations, there is still the Voluntary Early Redevelopment Scheme (VERS). No such programs for 99 years condo.

Even if you just simply stayed in  ....100yrs cover the lives of yourself and your children ...it is well worth the money paid. ..you finish paying after 20-30yrs the. Get to live in it for next 70yrs without paying.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

aiya, some ppl just aspire to inspire before expire. if can afford, let them be lah

(17-11-2021, 09:16 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  aiya, some ppl just aspire to inspire before expire. if can afford, let them be lah

The problem is that they can ill afford a condo....cos their monthly income is insufficient to service the housing loan, also for condos there is the sinking fund and  high maintenance cost..... crying

(17-11-2021, 09:28 PM)debono Wrote:  The problem is that they can ill afford a condo....cos their monthly income is insufficient to service the housing loan, also for condos there is the sinking fund and  high maintenance cost..... crying

how do you know they can't afford leh? they shd hv done the calculations and if still cannot make it, it's their problems why worry for them  Laughing

(17-11-2021, 09:45 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  how do you know they can't afford leh? they shd hv done the calculations and if still cannot make it, it's their problems why worry for them  Laughing

The attached video clip is very informative and educational....it highlights the problems some investor might face in upgrading to a condo... crying

He got a point. Buying 1.3M condo is abit overstretch for those earning below 7-8k /mth.

You are not the real owner for your HDB flat. You are only a long term lessee. Even the contractual terms stipulate that.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

long term leasee need to pay property tax?

Very rich people. And very daring to switch property when you are in your 50s unless you like Jac so loaded.

Even the Singapore girl who also went for the 54k plastic surgery and without a second thought proof that they are rich

(17-11-2021, 10:38 PM)mikotan Wrote:  He got a point. Buying 1.3M condo is abit overstretch for those earning below 7-8k /mth.

(18-11-2021, 04:59 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Very rich people. And very daring to switch property when you are in your 50s unless you like Jac so loaded.

In the video clip the instructor gave a simple and clear explanation, why the woman in her 50s would venture to buy a condo....

(18-11-2021, 06:41 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Even the Singapore girl who also went for the 54k plastic surgery and without a second thought proof that they are rich

her meow meow is her valuable asset

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-11-2021, 06:41 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Even the Singapore girl who also went for the 54k plastic surgery and without a second thought proof that they are rich
I think not all rich women will go for the surgery even though they might be ugly. There must be a very strong motivation force to make them go under knife. Even the Covid-19 vaccination so many afraid to take already until PAP must chute strong arm tactics....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(18-11-2021, 07:13 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think not all rich women will go for the surgery even though they might be ugly. There must be a very strong motivation force to make them go under knife. Even the Covid-19 vaccination so many afraid to take already until PAP must chute strong arm tactics....... Big Grin
she coded in Facebook that her boyfriend supported and accompanied her all the way through leh.