How much money you ever lend to someone?

How much?
few hundred?
thousands?
hundred thiusands?

$1. He never paid back Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

$5000. No sound no pic.

lending money to friend will ended up no more friend.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

lend my friend $50 to bet on Morocco to win WC and end of the story.

I made it my policy from young never to lend or borrow money from anyone. 

In my entire life, only one person stole from me after I refused to lend him.  During army days, one beng asked to borrow some money.  I told him no.  Later I went to check my cabinet $50 (which was a lot back then) was missing from my wallet.  No evidence so cannot pursue.  Later he went AWOL so never mind lah.  Besides I going for disruption then Big Grin

Then young and too trusting… dare to put wallet in drawer within army barracks Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

I borrowed from a number of people and paid back with interests before. 

It is not easy to borrow but it reflects on who are your real friends or in another way who have a caring feelings.

Sometimes you are up and the other is down. It is rotational.

Different types of people. Not rich but willing to lend. Sudden rich and willing to lend. Rich will lend but reduce amount. Rich but don’t lend, relationship turns a bit awkward.

Hv lend abt 6k to a friend 30 years ago. Didn’t know he is a great liar. Claiming that his Dad is hospitalised and needed surgery.

can u lend me 5000 to pass Christmas ad cny

(17-12-2022, 11:00 AM)Talent Wrote:  can u lend me 5000 to pass Christmas ad cny

Can.  In rupiah.

Hundreds n thousands
Pay medical bill
Deposit for new car,house
Even business..nay!
Now no more porcelain heart
Lend out have to chase to get back

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(17-12-2022, 10:21 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Hv lend abt 6k to a friend 30 years ago. Didn’t know he is a great liar. Claiming that his Dad is hospitalised and needed surgery.

Trust is always the weakness of a person.
You can prevent this actually if you have learned I Ching.

6k is alot of $$$ 30 years ago.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

20k to my brother in law need to borrow fr my insurance policy as he need money to pay for hdb downpaymt
that was ard asian financial crisis as his business collapsed

Mostly after borrowing will cease contact with you. Lucky if can get back some.

Treat it as a donation for good karma.
And tell yourself you cannot bring along eventually.
You may feel better!

One of my children 's friend.
They had to pay a deposit for an apartment.
Needed 6K.
Promised to pay by installment. 
They did what they promised 
They never forget us for that helping hand.
That place is Pinnacle.
Can imagine the profit.

(17-12-2022, 11:14 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Trust is always the weakness of a person.
You can prevent this actually if you have learned I Ching.

6k is alot of $$$ 30 years ago.
Helping someone who is truly hv a medical problem is alrite. But, he is lying and a cheat.

(17-12-2022, 12:31 PM)talky Wrote:  20k to my brother in law need to borrow fr my insurance policy as he need money to pay for hdb downpaymt
that was ard asian financial crisis as his business collapsed
Lend $20K to my brother-in-law, and he paid me 7 years later......... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

lend a total of $61k to a close friend. this friend is taking own sweet time to pay me back Sad

(17-12-2022, 08:13 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I made it my policy from young never to lend or borrow money from anyone. 

In my entire life, only one person stole from me after I refused to lend him.  During army days, one beng asked to borrow some money.  I told him no.  Later I went to check my cabinet $50 (which was a lot back then) was missing from my wallet.  No evidence so cannot pursue.  Later he went AWOL so never mind lah.  Besides I going for disruption then Big Grin

Then young and too trusting… dare to put wallet in drawer within army barracks Sad

Ever since One Malaysian contractor incident I never lend money to anyone. Lucky is 50 bucks.

This contractor say until so pity etc claim need 50 bucks, so I lend him since ok rah 50 bucks not say 500 hundred or even 5k.

Later no sound and MIA never see him. Got one time see his friend I ask him where he go , he claim he already quit.

(17-12-2022, 03:56 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Ever since One Malaysian contractor incident I never lend money to anyone. Lucky is 50 bucks.

This contractor say until so pity etc claim need 50 bucks, so I lend him since ok rah 50 bucks not say 500 hundred or even 5k.

Later no sound and MIA never see him. Got one time see his friend I ask him where he go , he claim he already quit.

The morale of the story is don't lend money to anyone, when ask to return the money, they become your enemy.......... nudie Gesti-109

Spouse was always asked to 'pay first and return you later' by siblings but never once return the money. Altogether few thousand of dollars

(17-12-2022, 04:05 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Spouse was always asked to 'pay first and return you later' by siblings but never once return the money. Altogether few thousand of dollars

For my close to 50 years living on Earth, even close family also cannot take it for granted. Talk monies no family ties to talk about. I see it real wth my parents case with their siblings. Sibling close correct? No leh when monies is the topic.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(17-12-2022, 05:52 PM)sgh Wrote:  For my close to 50 years living on Earth, even close family also cannot take it for granted. Talk monies no family ties to talk about. I see it real wth my parents case with their siblings. Sibling close correct? No leh when monies is the topic.

Where money is concerned, family and friends take a back seat...... crying

When you lend money , you should always expect that the money lent may not be returned.
I have lent a friend $5k years ago when he said he’s in need. On the day he was supposed to return me the money he disappeared. Even went awol from his stable job. Till this day no one knows where he is. MIA.

tomorrow will be a better day

(17-12-2022, 06:10 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Lent $250K

10 years ago

To make life better for others

Zero interest

Tried to recover the money a few times

No success

But no regrets

LOL lend 250k no regret ???

(16-12-2022, 11:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  How much?
few hundred?
thousands?
hundred thiusands?
U leh?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(17-12-2022, 06:41 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  U leh?

Lucky only 50 bucks never return,

so far also lucky my army friends never borrow money from me, perhaps I got mention before , come friends don't talk about money. So maybe they know I will not lend

(17-12-2022, 06:45 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Lucky only 50 bucks never return,

so far also lucky my army friends never borrow money from me, perhaps I got mention before , come friends don't talk about money. So maybe they know I will not lend

You are one smart  cookie......... Clapping nudie