Car lite:Leaders should set example cars are a negative symbol not status symbol

[Image: cJ3hljR.jpg]

We don't need any more lip service on this anymore.
Leadership should set he example. If upper echelons keep driving and buying big cars how are we going to change mindsets and improve the situation.

Frankly I am tired of the lack of change of attitude as th e world reaches a critical stage in climate change.
Cars should be seen as what they are a nuisance and a problem that pollutes the environment.

Until today HDB js still subsidising car parks afraid of offending those who refuse to change mindset.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: Txuu0lt.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The biggest weakness of PAP leadership is not leading by example and walks the talk

[Image: 8GqDu6H.jpg]

if they dun buy cars buy houses, then what to do with their money? or buy cars to keep in garage?

When they dun practice what they preach ….. just wayang

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/mps-ministers...35090.html

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(21-11-2021, 11:09 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: cJ3hljR.jpg]

We don't need any more lip service on this anymore.
Leadership should set he example. If upper echelons keep driving and buying big cars how are we going to change mindsets and improve the situation.

Frankly I am tired of the lack of change of attitude as th e world reaches a critical stage in climate change.
Cars should be seen as what they are a nuisance and a problem that pollutes the environment.

Until today HDB js still subsidising car parks afraid of offending those who refuse to change mindset.

If people don't spend like u...

The job market will be bad. U CB better spend more...

Smile

(21-11-2021, 11:55 AM)Niubee Wrote:  If people don't spend like u...

Buying cars only help other countries as Singapore does not manufacture cars.

(21-11-2021, 11:55 AM)Niubee Wrote:  If people don't spend like u...

Buying cars only help other countries as Singapore does not manufacture cars so buying cars only flows money out.

(21-11-2021, 12:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Buying cars only help other countries as Singapore does not manufacture cars so buying cars only flows money out.

car bodies are actually very cheap. the hi costs are mainly due all the taxes and coe added up

they talk about econmy being bad and know so many have lost jobs or take pay cuts but not a single one of them bas tards has taken a pay cut

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(21-11-2021, 12:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Buying cars only help other countries as Singapore does not manufacture cars so buying cars only flows money out.

Go see the Carshops employ how many people.

Auto industry employ alot ppls

Smile

(21-11-2021, 12:33 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Go see the Carshops employ how many people.

Auto industry employ alot ppls

Mostly from Malaisia

(21-11-2021, 11:15 AM)forum456 Wrote:  The biggest weakness of PAP leadership is not leading by example and walks the talk

their mp shoe polishing the ministers are AAA+++ QUALITY
PM MUST EARN WORLD HIGHEST SALARY SO CAN STAND TALL TO MEET OTHER WORLD LEADERS.

You never or hardly find our leaders taking public transport.

(21-11-2021, 01:15 PM)talky Wrote:  their mp shoe polishing the ministers are AAA+++ QUALITY
PM MUST EARN WORLD HIGHEST SALARY SO CAN STAND TALL TO MEET OTHER WORLD LEADERS.

What utter nonsense, our ministers remuneration, is peck to the average remuneration of the top 1,000 people here.  They reckon that is low and think that they are doing the  country a service, a sacrifice to the nation.... Tounge Tear Surprised Mad Nothingtosay

Actually I'm very happy that they spent. But I think for every additional car they have they should pay double the tax.

(21-11-2021, 01:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Actually I'm very happy that they spent. But I think for every additional car they have they should pay double the tax.

I am not surprised that many MPs own cars two or three cars, one for himself, one for his wife, and one for his grown up children... Disappointed Crying Surprised Do_not_tell_anyone

(21-11-2021, 01:42 PM)debono Wrote:  I am not surprised that many MPs own cars two or three cars, one for himself, one for his wife, and one for his grown up children... Disappointed Crying Surprised Do_not_tell_anyone

Like that is hogging resources. So I'm of the opinion they should pay more. This is in fact a kind of wealth tax.

But then, LHL said wealth tax very difficult to implement wor Sad

Should start with Dr Koh, son of punggol, who has 2 cars..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Singapore minister of transport doesn't take MRT to work. Minister in MND doesn't live in HDB. Edu minister studied in top foreign university. They live in a different world.

(21-11-2021, 01:52 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Like that is hogging resources. So I'm of the opinion they should pay more. This is in fact a kind of wealth tax.

But then, LHL said wealth tax very difficult to implement wor Sad

LHL says that wealth tax is hard to implement, but  COE. and GST easy to implement.  He said this is because he has great wealth, his multi-million dollars job and that of his wife whose remuneration cannot be disclosed, cos it is too high... Laughing Rotfl