How safe is QR code?

I only used once a few months back and it was make payment in a hawker center. After which I realized it not a safe. I stopped, only QR code are from verify website or mobile apps

Someone can come and switch the QR code and you may unwittingly let them access your mobile phone.

I Googled 

"How secure is QR code?"
While QR codes are generally safe, they can be manipulated by scammers because they all appear similar. A malicious QR code may lead you to a spoofed website designed to drop different malware types or steal your sensitive data, like your login credentials, credit card information, or money.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

QR code is just a short cut to got to a website address or a payee. It can't do anything to your phone or bank account. You must take action on your part.

Of course, like going to any website, you must check that it is legit first.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(16-08-2023, 10:45 AM)RichDad Wrote:  QR code is just a short cut to got to a website address or a payee. It can't do anything to your phone or bank account. You must take action on your part.

Of course, like going to any website, you must check that it is legit first.

Can tell you are not that IT savvy

How safe arr?
from IT ssh where u get a private key and a public key and a QR code
u r warned not to use the link and put it in a browser Google will read and use the information
it just save u alot of command at the terminal say u want to use ur mobile ph. u just camera and all dance steps in place. singlion reaches the QR code generated but need the hand-on like someone lead u to cross the road
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

here the conversation during setup 2 factor authentication
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-08-16-11-15-27.png]
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

That's why they taped the QR code so that if some scammer over paste the existing QR code, it's obvious.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

first u need to understand people who r concerned are into tunneling encryption
all others are unsafe.
next who makes the connection possible in the first place.
It comes from the server not the CLIENT like this:
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-08-16-18-38-20.png]

making contact possible from server
Both keys are generated on the client

[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-08-16-18-41-27.png]

server will copy the public key
to enhance security port 22 used by many is changed to 549 a non-standard
now u r authorised to make the connection without getting a password prompt.u need to reconfiqure to YES
and restart
a large QR is also generated for ur mobile use

[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-08-16-18-47-29.png]
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-08-16-18-57-06.png]

(16-08-2023, 10:55 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Can tell you are not that IT savvy

Which part is not IT savvy??
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

https://youtu.be/2KfnlZWrAMw

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(16-08-2023, 06:50 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Which part is not IT savvy??

Dun mind my red candle eater, he's the one who just got early released from the Gate, supposed to be tonight past midnight
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(16-08-2023, 06:50 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Which part is not IT savvy??

It does more than connect to website address or a payee

(16-08-2023, 07:37 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Dun mind my red candle eater, he's the one who just got early released from the Gate, supposed to be tonight past midnight

OH NO ….. almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me to burn for you and your family. Here you go, enjoy.

[Image: dt188zwl1fg31.jpg]

Dun one time spend it all … ok

[Image: 933a265d-94c0-4c65-bd31-67cc520800ff-6be5f129.jpg]

(16-08-2023, 08:59 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  It does more than connect to website address or a payee

Yes, but what I mentioned, which part is not correct? I am not an IT trained guy but I know how to use IT in work, biz.

As far as I know, QR code can't do anything to your phone cos it is just carrying data so that you can access something quicker by scanning it. It is not an app that can harm your phone or computer.

(16-08-2023, 09:13 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Yes, but what I mentioned, which part is not correct? I am not an IT trained guy but I know how to use IT in work, biz.

As far as I know, QR code can't do anything to your phone cos it is just carrying data so that you can access something quicker by scanning it. It is not an app that can harm your phone or computer.

How can QR codes be exploited?

Hackers may alter the original QR Code and link malicious software that automatically gets installed on a device as soon as someone opens the link after scanning the QR Code. This software program can further access a device's location, contact lists, or even data, which hackers exploit

(16-08-2023, 09:19 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  How can QR codes be exploited?

Hackers may alter the original QR Code and link malicious software that automatically gets installed on a device as soon as someone opens the link after scanning the QR Code. This software program can further access a device's location, contact lists, or even data, which hackers exploit

Ok, i get you. But you still need to do something after the QR code brings you to the malicious software, ie, open the link or click to install.

The QR code itself cannot do that. That's what i have been saying all the time. It is not an app but a data carrier.

(16-08-2023, 09:37 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Ok, i get you. But you still need to do something after the QR code brings you to the malicious software, ie, open the link or click to install.

The QR code itself cannot do that. That's what i have been saying all the time. It is not an app but a data carrier.

Good discussion from us, now people are more educated so when scan QR code …. open up your eye. 
I for one stop scanning QR code with my main phone. I use my secondary phone to open menus, order food, etc but never transaction

(16-08-2023, 09:19 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  How can QR codes be exploited?

You're posting rubbish

And yes, IAM IT savvy, in case you think you sud ask

ARE YOU IT SAVVY? If not, stop spewing such rubbish and fearmongering

QR code is similar to barcode, it does jacksheet to your phone, lest of all, infect your phone, you're so ignorant yet so sure, no wonder you went ahead for ur mRNA vax, just because u read it Covid is deadly without any verifiable evidence, now goid lor, waiting to TANGSEE

Serves you right for kiasi, kiasu, kiaboh, kiachenghu

Now everytime your body has some pain, you worry if it is cancer caused by mRNA or not, wait to TANGSEE lor, goondu!

(16-08-2023, 09:02 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  OH NO ….. almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me to burn for you and your family. Here you go, enjoy.

[Image: dt188zwl1fg31.jpg]

Dun one time spend it all … ok

[Image: 933a265d-94c0-4c65-bd31-67cc520800ff-6be5f129.jpg]

Your family says why you never burn for them, you unfilial ingrate, they all starving and hungry

(16-08-2023, 10:35 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You're posting rubbish

And yes, IAM IT savvy, in case you think you sud ask

ARE YOU IT SAVVY? If not, stop spewing such rubbish and fearmongering

QR code is similar to barcode, it does jacksheet to your phone, lest of all, infect your phone, you're so ignorant yet so sure, no wonder you went ahead for ur mRNA vax, just because u read it Covid is deadly without any verifiable evidence, now goid lor, waiting to TANGSEE

Serves you right for kiasi, kiasu, kiaboh, kiachenghu

Now everytime your body has some pain, you worry if it is cancer caused by mRNA or not, wait to TANGSEE lor, goondu!

are you hint you wanna a phone …… ok I burn you one … in fact a whole series ….  Rotfl

[Image: b2ap3-thumbnail-Hungry-Ghost-15.jpg]

host pic

(16-08-2023, 10:37 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Your family says why you never burn for them, you unfilial ingrate, they all starving and hungry

Wait …. I did burn for your family …. no enough …. a greedy bunch aren't you.
Here are more …. enjoy  Laughing

[Image: chinese-ghost-festival-origins-facts.jpg]

(16-08-2023, 10:52 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Wait …. I did burn for your family …. no enough …. a greedy bunch aren't you.
Here are more …. enjoy  Laughing

[Image: chinese-ghost-festival-origins-facts.jpg]
Your family is starving and yet you waste all of it  on me who does not require as IAM immortal, Karma will punish you, just wait

(16-08-2023, 10:49 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  are you hint you wanna a phone …… ok I burn you one … in fact a whole series ….  Rotfl

[Image: b2ap3-thumbnail-Hungry-Ghost-15.jpg]

host pic
You sud go get some QR codes and burn for your family and tell them your QR code nonsense story..

QR code can't do any harm lah. It only does harm to others because it points you to a website that asks you to install an app. If you only use paynow or paylah to scan a QR code I dun see how a phone can be hacked.

(16-08-2023, 09:37 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Ok, i get you. But you still need to do something after the QR code brings you to the malicious software, ie, open the link or click to install.

Yr explanation makes sense.  If scanning a pyt bar code leads you to a link, then something must be wrong.  That link is definitely
embedded with a spyware.  Needs to be extra careful.

(16-08-2023, 09:42 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Good discussion from us, now people are more educated so when scan QR code …. open up your eye. 
I for one stop scanning QR code with my main phone. I use my secondary phone to open menus, order food, etc but never transaction

Bo ya lah. QR code cant do anything to yr phone lah. You need ensure the site is correct when QR scan forward u to.

The scam is because scammer overlay a fake QR over the real QR. U are led to a fake site...

Smile

my opinion. qr just like bar code. an input method. over hype.
nothing to do with security.

Now for the truth.
answer
Trust
Frankly given their WAYs
you cannot trust ALL of them.
from the saga u know instinctively AI is a fraud.
simply data monopoly.
remember singlion shows u the steps
initiated by the server
the sever is NOT you
someone behind the curtain

Qr code is not a security key. It is just scrambling clear info.