How to discard leftover food without plastic bags??

With the impending charging of plastic bags , and an expected dearth of them, how then are we to discard leftover  food?

Just throw everything including soupy stuffs into the chute?

Have the authorities given any guidelines??

I decided to throw dog poo inside, stick or not see how...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(07-06-2023, 03:34 PM)hansamu Wrote:  With the impending charging of plastic bags , and an expected dearth of them, how then are we to discard leftover  food?

Just bag them up as before.

The government is not banning plastic bags like chewing gum. You will still have plastic bags, so what is your problem now?

(07-06-2023, 03:35 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  I decided to throw dog poo inside, stick or not see how...

So can expect hdb chutes to be super smelly and filthy  .lol

(07-06-2023, 03:40 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The government is not banning plastic bags like chewing gum. You will still have plastic bags, so what is your problem now?
It means  we have to buy  as opposed to having free plastic bags to thrash our rubbish. 

Chewing gums are not banned in Singapore. They are not being sold in SG .You can still eat in SG if you have them.
You are really naive.

(07-06-2023, 03:49 PM)hansamu Wrote:  It means  we have to buy  as opposed to having free plastic bags to thrash our rubbish. 

Chewing gums are not banned in Singapore. They are not being sold in SG .You can still eat in SG if you have them.
You are really naive.

You have never really had free plastic bags. Never.

It's all inside the costing for the things you are paying for. It's like saying that you never had a free staff to do the scanning and packing of the goods into the bag. The price you paid had factored in the salary of the cashier.

By "charging"  for the bag, it's just making FP and SS richer by allowing them to charge more. But if the money is to go to the government then it's a new tax. 

Of course many peepur will buay song lor...

dump straight into the bin, let the lower floor units suffer
their house would be infested

[Image: cockroaches.jpg]

(07-06-2023, 03:42 PM)hansamu Wrote:  So can expect hdb chutes to be super smelly and filthy  .lol

that is poor and low ses peasants stay in hdb problem, elite stay big bungalow no such problem.

My mother HDB chute has dangling noodles and sometimes spicy gravy from upper floor. So I just help pour a few litres of used soapy water down her chute. I hope no one expect me to wash her chute.

Many solutions

- buy plastic bags for kitchen scraps, 2 to 3 cts each

- make composts for plants, but quite smelly

- dig holes in ground to bury them. Rats, cats and dogs may dig them out if not covered properly

(07-06-2023, 03:34 PM)hansamu Wrote:  With the impending charging of plastic bags , and an expected dearth of them, how then are we to discard leftover  food?

Just throw without plastic bag

The authorities have to be more pro active....they must provide a more practical solution before they start to embark on an intractable situation.

(07-06-2023, 06:05 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Just throw without plastic bag

soon tc will install video camera in ALL RUBBISH CHUTE

again the cost is bear by us not the mps n ministers!!