How to travel to KL for less than $12

I did this once 5 yrs ago just want to share how this is possible.

If you buy a bus ticket from Singapore to KL its $30-$50 ...so how do you do this.

You book a bus from JB Larkin to KL the cost is $10
[Image: MybPByK.jpg]

You can take a bus from Singaoore to JB ....$1+ then from JB Sentral to Larkin by bus RM0.50.

Once you are at JB Larkin you can go to other parts of Malaysia for much cheaper Malacca for $6, penang $20 etc You can go all the way up to Thailand Hadyai for $30.

However to do this you should not have too big a luggage best to just put everything un a sling bag. Otherwise it is quite tough to push around. Also not recommended fro old folks.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-01-2024, 12:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I did this once 5 yrs ago just want to share how this is possible.

If you buy a bus ticket from Singapore to KL its $30-$50 ...so how do you do this.

You can take a bus from Singaoore to JB ....$1+ then from JB Sentral to Larkin by bus RM0.50.

Once you are at JB Larkin you can go to other parts of Malaysia for much cheaper Malacca for $6, penang $20 etc You can go all the way up to Thailand Hadyai for $30.

However to do this you should not have too big a luggage best to just put everything un a sling bag. Otherwise it is quite tough to push around. Also not recommended fro old folks.

walan,,, u short HSI make so much money also so stingy..10 bucks also want to save???

u can fly first class there mah...

i think the cheapest is still cycle there lah..for u i think u walk there, bicycle still need to change tyre. walk there is free.

btw,, what so good abt KL???... KL stands for Kana Lan....hahahaha...

Why go and torture yourself with such miserable way of traveling?     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-01-2024, 01:13 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Why go and torture yourself with such miserable way of traveling?     Big Grin

Why is it miserable?

Nothing miserable. You take take bus do some walking and all the way you have seat on bus.

Being packed an MRT like sardine squeeze until  to travel to work ...that is more miserable....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Why not pay a bit more for comfortable coaches? Keep so much money for what?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Old already go for comfort...if you sit upright in a bus for too long..back v pain!

don't put fake news

what is the travelling time

(27-01-2024, 01:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why is it miserable?

Nothing miserable. You take take bus do some walking and all the way you have seat on bus.

Being packed an MRT like sardine squeeze until  to travel to work ...that is more miserable....
Go travel is for relax and enjoy after all life is so short. Travel by bus to KL from JB should be  around 4 hours sitting. If it is a tourist coach bus then not so bad otherwise it is suffering and stressful. Traveling like this better go work and earn money and less stressful. Better spend sometime reflecting what you live for.      Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Many go through life dunno what they want. Sgbutt knows what he wants, which is to travel to KL by bus  Laughing

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

Walk or hitch a ride, it's free!

(27-01-2024, 12:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I did this once 5 yrs ago just want to share how this is possible.

SBS 170 goes direct to Larkin Terminal. Why u still need to take bus from JB Central? U kay kiang or what?

(27-01-2024, 04:23 PM)winbig Wrote:  SBS 170 goes direct to Larkin Terminal. Why u still need to take bus from JB Central? U kay kiang or what?

Oh good point....last time I took was train so I got out and took bus from. Sentral ro larkin ....you are right.170 is direct

For those who stay near katong v, there are several coaches to kl daily. The price is 35

Walk there. It's free.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Go KL to do what?

Nothing there

Why don't you go make a YouTube video out of this.
View count will be high. 😅

Walk to KL

(27-01-2024, 01:13 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Why go and torture yourself with such miserable way of traveling?     Big Grin

you know what is gain png?

Every year CNY I am doing that if cannot get KTM train tickets. Spore cross custom to Msia side from there take bus to Larkin. Then from Larkin take bus in.

To be fair Larkin Bus Terminal now so nice. Last time ticket touts and messy and dangerous and no air con waiting area.

It is right that sgbutt stays single. No woman will be able to take this kind of lifestyle.

(28-01-2024, 04:36 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It is right that sgbutt stays single. No woman will be able to take this kind of lifestyle.

Wrong lah got lah those Msian women grow up in small town mah can eat hardship as they used to it
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(27-01-2024, 04:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Oh good point....last time I took was train so I got out and took bus from. Sentral ro larkin ....you are right.170 is direct

Not only 170 got the yellow colour and sometimes Msian public bus they will wait a while see you got go up ask or not. Sit before as 170 jam inside cannot come out. Their bus conditions is hehehe but can get to Larkin all can lah.

Above I when I young. Now I old liao really tired of such moving around like headless flies just to secure transport in. That is why inside die one more elder I can siam go in liao. Stay in Spore relax.

(28-01-2024, 04:43 PM)sgh Wrote:  Wrong lah got lah those Msian women grow up in small town mah can eat hardship as they used to it

That's provided they continue to live in the small towns. Once they come to Spore to live they'll start comparing to other women here. You can ask FSK whether his Vietnamese wife has changed after living here.

Buddha has said that our misery arises from differentiating ourselves with others. Once we start comparing to people who have it better we will begrudge our lives. If everyone is poor then everyone can be happy. Once a small segment gets rich others will look on with jealousy. From time immemorial this hasn't changed. It's part of our DNA.

So to live a happy life never ever compare with other people. Or if you compare with the less fortunate you'll also be happier.

(27-01-2024, 05:09 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Walk there. It's free.

Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Being frugal versus being cheap Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

There is a risk. You will need to put a time gap. Your trip from Singapore to JB Central can be delayed. Due to the Singapore side or JB side. Last time, tried before. Had to block the path of 170 after the custom to board it. They could just skip it and drove straight to the interchange. Just in time for the trip to KL.

(28-01-2024, 08:00 PM)theold Wrote:  There is a risk. You will need to put a time gap. Your trip from Singapore to JB Central can be delayed. Due to the Singapore side or JB side. Last time, tried before. Had to block the path of 170 after the custom to board it. They could just skip it and drove straight to the interchange. Just in time for the trip to KL.

That is correct. Any delayed timing whatever savings you get all lost. But this usually happen on holiday period like school holiday CNY Hari Raya Deepavali etc. Non peak period should be ok.

(28-01-2024, 06:25 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That's provided they continue to live in the small towns. Once they come to Spore to live they'll start comparing to other women here. You can ask FSK whether his Vietnamese wife has changed after living here.

Buddha has said that our misery arises from differentiating ourselves with others. Once we start comparing to people who have it better we will begrudge our lives. If everyone is poor then everyone can be happy. Once a small segment gets rich others will look on with jealousy. From time immemorial this hasn't changed. It's part of our DNA.

So to live a happy life never ever compare with other people. Or if you compare with the less fortunate you'll also be happier.

乡村女人成功逆袭到大城市讨生活,是不容易的。她们要不停提升自己,才能活出自己想要的样子。虽然没有城市女人那般幸运,从小在百般呵护栽培下的环境成长,碰到生活上的困难时,她们能屈能伸,刻苦耐劳的精神是城市女人没的攀比的

Your budget travel tip to KL is a game-changer! It's incredible how you can make the journey for less than $12. Thanks for sharing this insider knowledge.
For those planning a trip, timing is key. According to this article about the best time to go to malaysia, the best time to go there is between March and October when the weather is dry and sunny. It's perfect for exploring all the wonders Malaysia has to offer!
Your suggestion to travel light with just a sling bag is spot on. It definitely makes getting around easier, especially when hopping between buses and exploring different parts of Malaysia.

(28-01-2024, 06:25 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That's provided they continue to live in the small towns. Once they come to Spore to live they'll start comparing to other women here. You can ask FSK whether his Vietnamese wife has changed after living here.

If she run away so many times and need to beg her to come back, what do you think leh?

Pruss the latest episode she probably came back only because of the ruse he pulled… ie got not long to live.  So she bee tang gao gao  Rotfl