OCBC announces it will pay all SMS scam victims full sum they lost

OCBC announces it will pay all SMS scam victims full sum they lost

Read more đź“Ť https://bit.ly/33oLMUh

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

Severe arm twisting from govt, else the bank would have hardly battered an eyelid.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(19-01-2022, 07:32 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Severe arm twisting from govt, else the bank would have hardly battered an eyelid.

I think the amount small. Lehman brother bond no one can foot the bill.

(19-01-2022, 08:03 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I think the amount small. Lehman brother bond no one can foot the bill.

8.5 million for OCBC is chicken feed......

(19-01-2022, 08:17 PM)debono Wrote:  8.5 million for OCBC is chicken feed......

Yes. Lehman bro u know how much? Toxic bond.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(19-01-2022, 08:17 PM)debono Wrote:  8.5 million for OCBC is chicken feed......

ocbc knows if they don't pay back in full, many people will close their account.

the bank will be in deep trouble even if just 10% of their customers withdraw all their money.

(19-01-2022, 09:04 PM)drgn Wrote:  ocbc knows if they don't pay back in full, many people will close their account.

the bank will be in deep trouble even if just 10% of their customers withdraw all their money.

Then their reserves may fall below 10%, and they cannot lend money to customers...

If a lot close their account, the bank will fall, then those with accounts inside get a maximum $75000 compensation irregardless of how much money they have inside? Then many will go bankrupt and can't pay housing loan, and spend. It will affect the whole country?

(19-01-2022, 09:18 PM)dynamite Wrote:  If a lot close their account, the bank will fall, then those with accounts inside get a maximum $75000 compensation irregardless of how much money they have inside? Then many will go bankrupt and can't pay housing loan, and spend. It will affect the whole country?
You have painted a very pessimistic situation, hope this will not happen, else many here will have lots of problems.......

(19-01-2022, 09:21 PM)debono Wrote:  You have painted a very pessimistic situation, hope this will not happen, else many here will have lots of problems.......

I am very scare of bank failing also in case my money is inside and the payout is quite little no matter what amount you have inside.

(19-01-2022, 09:28 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I am very scare of bank failing also in case my money is inside and the payout is quite little no matter what amount you have inside.

I suspect you must have over $75,000 in OCBC.......