Huawei Dominates 2023 World Mobile Congress

(04-03-2023, 11:25 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Nice try - but I still prefer your 1st joke about " WMD is not in Iraq"... Big Grin

whatever

huawei is run by 超极白 (CCP) secretly

(05-03-2023, 12:45 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  whatever huawei is run by 超极白 (CCP) secretly

Why repeat an old joke when the Europeans don't believe in that ? Big Grin

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/02/27...us-sanctio

(05-03-2023, 01:29 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Why repeat an old joke when the Europeans don't believe in that ? Big Grin

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/02/27...us-sanctio
EU will ban and sanctions all china goods later 

u will see

(04-03-2023, 11:58 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Harmony OS is an Android distro.

That statement is partly true since the Chinese isn't interested in totally breaking from a widely used mobile OS..The difference is the Chinese uses only the open-source portion and has ZERO patented or copyright parts like those using Google services. End of the days the HarmonyOS isn't about running on your mobile phone but part of the larger Huawei eco-system the includes devices like IoT to self-driving cars...

As I already mentioned - Huawei already moved beyond its hard-ware depend as it business core...The REAL scary part is you going to need at least 5G infra in order to develop into a fully commercial solution...which rest of the World, including the US are struggling.

[Image: v2-09b67077ed3929798ee235389dd962e9_720w.jpg]

https://www.scmp.com/tech/big-tech/artic...net-things

USA not only investor....Huawei can find many many other countries.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(06-03-2023, 09:20 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  USA not only investor....Huawei can find many many other countries.

IMO, the US will increasingly lose more of its tech leadership the more Washington tries to ban (itself) from the best services and products in a open market world...which China loves but US hates today.
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

Is useless...:

https://www.channele2e.com/business/ente...countries/

(06-03-2023, 09:19 AM)Manthink Wrote:  That statement is partly true since the Chinese isn't interested in totally breaking from a widely used mobile OS..The difference is the Chinese uses only the open-source portion and has ZERO patented or copyright parts like those using Google services. End of the days the HarmonyOS isn't about running on your mobile phone but part of the larger Huawei eco-system the includes devices like IoT to self-driving cars...

It has zero of those because Google does not allow it to have them. It's not that the Chinese isn't interested in breaking away from the OS, the truth is that it is too huge a task for them, considering the number of man-years that have already been invested in Android.

It's not a new idea that Android is used in IoT. HW doesn't really need to think much about that, so no need to give them too much credit.

Much as you like the Chinese, you have to acknowledge that there're some things they simply could not do by themselves.

(06-03-2023, 10:35 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It has zero of those because Google does not allow it to have them. It's not that the Chinese isn't interested in breaking away from the OS, the truth is that it is too huge a task for them, considering the number of man-years that have already been invested in Android. It's not a new idea that Android is used in IoT. HW doesn't really need to think much about that, so no need to give them too much credit. Much as you like the Chinese, you have to acknowledge that there're some things they simply could not do by themselves.

Your info is incorrect - Let's do some Fact Checking:

a. It was the US Gov that forced Google to stop providing service to Huawei mobile phones. Not the Google Inc decision.
That began since Trump and Biden continue the anti-Huawei policy
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/techn...uawei.html

b. Android has been around for 15 years..as old as iOS. Google bought Android later, but iOS remains under Apple Inc control.
Since Android had open source components, many smartphone makers from Samsung to Oppo are able use Android and so Android became popular...Huawei was one of the beneficiary of that OPEN SOURCE. Given the FACTS both Apple and Android dominates the global mobile OS today, why would Huawei wanna re-invent the wheel ? This is why Huawei position its HarmonyOS differently...which is very very tough given Android and iOS domination...Giants like Microsoft, Nokia etc had failed.

That is where HarmonyOS comes in and why it is different from mobile-phone dependent Android and iOS.
https://www.huaweicentral.com/huawei-har...t-of-view/

(06-03-2023, 10:18 AM)lioncityftw Wrote:  Is useless...:
https://www.channele2e.com/business/ente...countries/

LOL!  I love the part where tiny Bahrain gov fack cared US Gov pressure and continue to use Huawei 5G and products... Big Grin

Bahrain: Bahrain, headquarters of the U.S. Navy’s Fifth Fleet, plans to roll out a commercial 5G mobile network by June 2019, partly using Huawei technology despite the United States’ concerns the Chinese telecom giant’s equipment could be used for spying. Source: Reuters, March 26, 2019.

[Image: stc-huawei.jpg]

(06-03-2023, 11:11 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Your info is incorrect - Let's do some Fact Checking:

a. It was the US Gov that forced Google to stop providing service to Huawei mobile phones. Not the Google Inc decision.
That began since Trump and Biden continue the anti-Huawei policy

b. Android has been around for 15 years..as old as iOS. Google bought Android later, but iOS remains under Apple Inc control.
Since Android had open source components, many smartphone makers from Samsung to Oppo are able use Android and so Android became popular...Huawei was one of the beneficiary of that OPEN SOURCE. Given the FACTS both Apple and Android dominates the global mobile OS today, why would Huawei wanna re-invent the wheel  ?  This is why Huawei position its HarmonyOS differently...which is very very tough given Android and iOS domination...Giants like Microsoft, Nokia etc had failed.

That is where HarmonyOS comes in and why it is different from mobile-phone dependent Android and iOS.

There's nothing incorrect with what I've posted. It's simply that your interpretation is incorrect.

I've said that Harmony OS is just a flavour of Android, what's wrong with that? Whether it is Google or the US govt that forces the restriction of HW is out of point, as it's totally irrelevant to the argument.

Your statement that "why would Huawei wanna re-invent the wheel" is precisely what I've said, that HW is simply using Android, given that the task is humongous. 

Harmony OS is not distinctly different from Android. Anybody who thinks otherwise does not have a good sense of how Android works.

(06-03-2023, 11:42 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  There's nothing incorrect with what I've posted. It's simply that your interpretation is incorrect.
I've said that Harmony OS is just a flavour of Android, what's wrong with that? Whether it is Google or the US govt that forces the restriction of HW is out of point, as it's totally irrelevant to the argument. Your statement that "why would Huawei wanna re-invent the wheel" is precisely what I've said, that HW is simply using Android, given that the task is humongous.  Harmony OS is not distinctly different from Android. Anybody who thinks otherwise does not have a good sense of how Android works.

You are incorrect -

a. One doesn't need further "interpretation" since US gov law is explicitly bans US tech coy from working with Huawei.
Is strange for u to consider that as "irrelevant".

b. No one is arguing that developing a new OS is a  "humongous" challenge. What you are ignoring is if both Android and HarmonyOS are "not distinctly different", why is the later able to run on other smart devices while Android cannot ?

[Image: Huawei-Watch-3-Review-22.jpg]

(06-03-2023, 12:03 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You are incorrect -

a. One doesn't need further "interpretation" since US gov law is explicitly bans US tech coy from working with Huawei.
Is strange for u to consider that as "irrelevant".

b. No one is arguing that developing a new OS is a  "humongous" challenge. What you are ignoring is if both Android and HarmonyOS are "not distinctly different", why is the later able to run on other smart devices while Android cannot ?

The point of the argument is not whether HW is banned from using some Android services, it's whether it is using a flavour of Android. Hence it is irrelevant to me since I'm not interested in that aspect.

You are dead wrong. Android has been WIDELY used in many aspects of smart devices.

Android is the main driving force behind IoT.

https://www.techtarget.com/iotagenda/blo...rce-of-IoT

(06-03-2023, 12:27 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The point of the argument is not whether HW is banned from using some Android services, it's whether it is using a flavour of Android. Hence it is irrelevant to me since I'm not interested in that aspect. You are dead wrong. Android has been WIDELY used in many aspects of smart devices.

You are incorrect:

a. There is no such thing as "Android services".  Huawei no long rely on Google, so what services are u talking about ?

b. I mentioned Android is popular with many smart phone makers due to its open source nature - Did you read my previous post ?

Rolleyes

(06-03-2023, 12:35 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You are incorrect:

a. There is no such thing as "Android services".  Huawei no long rely on Google, so what services are u talking about ?

b. I mentioned Android is popular with many smart phone makers due to its open source nature - Did you read my previous post ?

Rolleyes

I give up liao. You dun really understand Android, dude.

This is what you posted - "What you are ignoring is if both Android and HarmonyOS are "not distinctly different", why is the later able to run on other smart devices while Android cannot ?"

YOU said that Android cannot run on other smart devices.

(06-03-2023, 12:40 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I give up liao. You dun really understand Android, dude.

This is what you posted - "What you are ignoring is if both Android and HarmonyOS are "not distinctly different", why is the later able to run on other smart devices while Android cannot ?"

YOU said that Android cannot run on other smart devices.

You show me an Android-enabled washing machine, I will show  you a washing machine on HarmonyOS Eco-system. 

Why is HarmonyOS is "distinctly different" from Android.

Big Grin

https://youtu.be/h3AqI314p8I

For those who are Chinese illiterate and so unable to get the latest tech update from China, there is an FYI in English....explaining how Huawei has re-position its global business over last few years... and how HarmonyOS is part of its strategy.

https://youtu.be/U5JcARzl7UU

How US sanctions and locking up its CFO in Canada for 2 years  help Huawei transformed its business within 5 years... Big Grin

https://youtu.be/el9Wxwui1dw

(06-03-2023, 12:55 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You show me an Android-enabled washing machine, I will show  you a washing machine on HarmonyOS Eco-system. 

Why is HarmonyOS is "distinctly different" from Android.

Big Grin

I dunno enough of washing machines to tell you if they are using Android, but you shouldn't just cite one application.

Most appliances nowadays do not have an OS in them, as it's deemed to be an overkill. Instead they use low-cost microcontroller chips.

You put OS only when you need to include other higher functions that require sophisticated scheduling of resources etc.

I am certain Android is being used in many other devices besides your handphone. Examples are ATM machines, cars etc.

(06-03-2023, 01:19 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I dunno enough of washing machines to tell you if they are using Android, but you shouldn't just cite one application.
Most appliances nowadays do not have an OS in them, as it's deemed to be an overkill. Instead they use low-cost microcontroller chips.
You put OS only when you need to include other higher functions that require sophisticated scheduling of resources etc.
I am certain Android is being used in many other devices besides your handphone. Examples are ATM machines, cars etc.

I can only tell you that you don't know enough. Big Grin

(06-03-2023, 01:28 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I can only tell you that you don't know enough. Big Grin

Pls lah.. you dunno me enough to say that. Be humble.

Very intelligent handphone. Automatically switchoff the power when taking sensitive photographics such as white paper, sensitive structures etc

https://twitter.com/huaxianzi999/status/...3759348742

https://twitter.com/laobeijing9/status/1...3522528258

(06-03-2023, 01:56 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Pls lah.. you dunno me enough to say that. Be humble.

Errr...Who cares about who you are ?

Huh

(06-03-2023, 02:37 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Errr...Who cares about who you are ?

Huh
I find that you really have an interpretation problem. 

I'm not saying that you should care who I am. I am saying you do not know me personally to know if I am knowledgeable or not knowledgeable. What're your credentials?

(06-03-2023, 02:49 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I find that you really have an interpretation problem.  I'm not saying that you should care who I am. I am saying you do not know me personally to know if I am knowledgeable or not knowledgeable. What're your credentials?

What has this got to do with the Threat when one's interpretation about Huawei and its continued existence and success is without question ?

(06-03-2023, 03:21 PM)Manthink Wrote:  What has this got to do with the Threat when one's interpretation about Huawei and its continued existence and success is without question ?
Did I question HW's existence and its success? Frankly I've no interest in that. My points are mainly technical.

Stooge’s want to show amdk loh LOL LOL
https://media.tenor.com/9Jpj6U1Bq9YAAAAM...ically.gif

(06-03-2023, 03:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Did I question HW's existence and its success? Frankly I've no interest in that. My points are mainly technical.

And I am more than happy to say your "technical points" is not based on reality. For .e.g  - Huawei "could not do by themselves', then how is HarmonyOS not being banned by US law and 5G technology has alot of Huawei patents rights ?

The sad reality you fail to mentioned is it because of politics, not technical or technology challenge, that is hindering digital progress.

[Image: 20095.jpeg]

(06-03-2023, 10:35 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  ...It's not a new idea that Android is used in IoT. HW doesn't really need to think much about that, so no need to give them too much credit. ... you have to acknowledge that there're some things they simply could not do by themselves.