I Don’T Celebrate National Day Anymore

One day while talking to a new citizen from China, she told me the RC handed her many NDP tickets for her friends. Then I recalled many locals balloting NDP tickets for years and never got them. And how these tickets can be easily accessed by new migrants. I believe they were using these events to impress foreigners, particularly new citizens, PRs and foreigners. From that day onwards, I stopped watching NDP nor celebrate. I find it full of hypocrisy that we locals become second class in this country and our national day event, they even had the cheek to do this. Looking at TV who were playing the event, you noticed a huge number there were also foreigners. A national event catering to foreigners than locals, this sums up what this mean to locals!

More at https://tinyurl.com/dkwur6b2
[+] 1 user Likes pinkypanther's post

I don’t celebrate too. Nothing to be proud of. All these MIWs are very disunited with Singaporeans. Those 61 pct wil only cry with joy.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

I think most people here don't really celebrate National Day. Not that I am not proud of Singapore but I think we just don't go about yam seng or sing patriotic songs through the day etc.

For me, I just treat it as a holiday. Those who go to see the parade etc are in the minority, I think.
[+] 2 users Like Levin's post

(18-08-2021, 03:34 PM)Levin Wrote:  I think most people here don't really celebrate National Day. Not that I am not proud of Singapore but I think we just don't go about yam seng or sing patriotic songs through the day etc.

For me, I just treat it as a holiday. Those who go to see the parade etc are in the minority, I think.
Seeing those faces of MIWs made me pi’s*sed off. That harimau rojak even worst.

How to celebrate ND? ...... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

[Image: minus-one.gif]
I celebrate by switching off the TV broadcast

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin