I am thinking of upgrading to infrared stove ..

I have an electric one but mostly use a gas stove with govt gas.

Was thinking of switching to infrared.
Anyone with experience using this type of stove?
How is it?
[Image: wbp4EJI.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Good ma ? I'm using induction type.

What the benefits of using infrared cooker?

Induction cooktops are more efficient than infrared. An induction cooktop heats the pot magnetically, and so you have to use induction-capable cookware. Aluminum and ceramic will not work. Infrared works with any Types of cooker
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

(05-02-2022, 08:55 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Induction cooktops are more efficient than infrared. An induction cooktop heats the pot magnetically, and so you have to use induction-capable cookware. Aluminum and ceramic will not work. Infrared works with any Types of cooker

Thanks but I think works on certain types of pots...the non metal pots cannot work.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Just use charcoal or fire wood.

I use infrared at home. Personally I think it's OK for simple cooking. And if you make soup with ceramic pot, infrared is the choice and not induction.

But if you fancy high flame wok hei kind of cooking, you need to stick with gas.

Just to add, if you want safety especially for kids, induction is the way. Cos other than those induction pots, anything else (even your hand) placed on it will not draw any heat. But personally I have not tried induction to know if there will be residue heat on the surface (infrared does) that can hurt badly if you remove the pot and instantly touch the panel.

(05-02-2022, 10:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Thanks but I think works on certain types of pots...the non metal pots cannot work.

https://publicananker.com/infrared-cookt...induction/
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

infrared fire hazard

(05-02-2022, 11:47 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  infrared fire hazard

Charcoal and wood is safest.

(05-02-2022, 11:48 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Charcoal and wood is safest.

Yes, one can smell and see it if it is still burning

(05-02-2022, 11:48 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Charcoal and wood is safest.

co poisoning, silent killer

(05-02-2022, 11:57 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  co poisoning, silent killer

Use in open air