A S'pore family of 8 was left stranded after their contractor took S$45,000

A S'pore family of 8 was left stranded after their contractor took S$45,000 & became uncontactable without completing the flat's renovation.

➡️ https://bit.ly/3ohpLRw

Follow us on @mothershipsg

Yong noted that from Jan. 1, 2022, to Apr. 30, 2023, CASE received 1,914 complaints against the renovation contractor industry.

These largely involved unsatisfactory workmanship, delays in project completion, and prepayment losses due to non-fulfilment of projects and sudden closure of businesses.

----------------------------------------------------------

SPF cannot catch those contractors and ban them before it is too late?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

why pay if job is not finished ?

(21-05-2023, 06:45 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  A S'pore family of 8 was left stranded after their contractor took S$45,000 & became uncontactable without completing the flat's renovation.

➡️ https://bit.ly/3ohpLRw

Follow us on @mothershipsg

okay what..................very nice leh......................minimalist look mah............ Rotfl

Malaysian....45K now 130K ringgit. Can dont work 1 year next year start new company cheat again...good business

(21-05-2023, 10:32 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Malaysian....45K now 130K ringgit. Can dont work 1 year next year start new company cheat again...good business

Yr JHK Angry

Smile

Don't waste money on the Small claims Tribunal. This is a money sucking organisation. After paying hundreds of dollars to them, without doing anything they will tell you unlikely to get back the money. That's all.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

how come never pay batch by batch.

I did that and the last batch, i did not pay timely. Nearly fight with the contractor...LOL

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

Ya, why pay 45k upfront? This is not the usual practice. Usually 10-15% deposit then staggered payments.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

ownself kumgong onwself surffer.

feel so moddy
people are mean and scary
Frown

people are mean and scary
i dont know how they judge me
i dont know what they think about me
Sad 

(21-05-2023, 08:46 AM)Ola Wrote:  Yong noted that from Jan. 1, 2022, to Apr. 30, 2023, CASE received 1,914 complaints against the renovation contractor industry.

These largely involved unsatisfactory workmanship, delays in project completion, and prepayment losses due to non-fulfilment of projects and sudden closure of businesses.

----------------------------------------------------------

SPF cannot catch those contractors and ban them before it is too late?
Most contractors are from m’sia coming here to scam people. Lucky my reno done in 2020 was without any hiccups.

Those who scammed people are really very evil.
Spf should make them do hard labour while they are in jail.

(21-05-2023, 11:07 AM)Clyde Wrote:  Don't waste money on the Small claims Tribunal. This is a money sucking organisation. After paying hundreds of dollars to them, without doing anything they will tell you unlikely to get back the money.  That's all.

roughly how much need to pay ?

(21-05-2023, 03:33 PM)talky Wrote:  roughly how much need to pay ?

Something like 1% of disputed amount.