I don't trust what they do - isolated myself since mid Sept.

Yesterday 18 deaths, 3800 new infections.
Death cannot be undone.
Doctors also warned 10-20% of infected will suffer long covid chronic problems...

It is highly irresponsible to take the country to this state unnecessarily....we are talking about lives and people's health both of which should never be sacrificed...just for economic gains.

For myself I look at the facts and make my own logical decisions not listen to politicians who claim they know what they are doing. If they did why are hospital and icu beds underprovisioned.

What I really feel worried about are elderly workers who have higher risk of deaths. Because of poverty they have to go out and work exposing themselves. You see 70yo cleaners have to go all other to clean areas where there is high risk. Elderly working in jobs where there is high risk of infection.

To me all this is unconscionable.  ...poor decision making. After this infection surge means tourist avoid coming here and in country we have to re-impose restrictions causing business to slow anyway. In HK and TW where cases are kept low they don't need so many restrictions and businesses are coming back.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Number of deaths is correct.

Number of new infections should be more because of new way in handling the cases!

PAP MPs also isolate themselves from MPS like you !

they foresee this happening

should just opem wide wide

not doing tango
amd lousy excuse

u can lock yourself up and still can find something to do online. how about yr mum leh? aso no need to go out and buy things and etc?

PAP had 2 OPTIONS- Zero Covid or Fake Herd Immunity

One is China Strategy while the other is Hack Care India Spread.

Why they choose to copy India?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

It has been 1.5 months.

Situation has not improved. Hundreds have died. You may think it's a distant thing until it hits home.

Daily deaths at double digits. 3000-4000 cases of infection every day.

New mutants are reported overseas and breakthrough cases.

1. For better risk assessment, I urge govt to give us more data such as number of tests conducted daily. Because of non-reporting of ART and no more  contact tracing of such cases has testing fallen?

2. Track long covid case numbers and the size of this pool of people.

Give us more data not less data so we can manage the risks to our family.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Obviously, you can observe the vaccine is not effective on ppl with underlying conditions(reported), obseity or other reasons? 

It means if your body health is not so good shape. Vaccine or no vaccine is actually doesnt make any difference.
Better wear your mask properly 才是上策。
Dont talk when you are in a crowded place such as in the MRT/Bus/Mall

Like Jac, better remind him to stay at home if possible...he is a die hard fan of this team.

Improve your blood circulation by doing exercise.
I recommend 拉筋运动。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(21-10-2021, 10:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yesterday 18 deaths, 3800 new infections.
Death cannot be undone.
Doctors also warned 10-20% of infected will suffer long covid chronic problems...

It is highly irresponsible to take the country to this state unnecessarily....we are talking about lives and people's health both of which should never be sacrificed...just for economic gains.

For myself I look at the facts and make my own logical decisions not listen to politicians who claim they know what they are doing. If they did why are hospital and icu beds underprovisioned.

What I really feel worried about are elderly workers who have higher risk of deaths. Because of poverty they have to go out and work exposing themselves. You see 70yo cleaners have to go all other to clean areas where there is high risk. Elderly working in jobs where there is high risk of infection.

To me all this is unconscionable.  ...poor decision making. After this infection surge means tourist avoid coming here and in country we have to re-impose restrictions causing business to slow anyway. In HK and TW where cases are kept low they don't need so many restrictions and businesses are coming back.

whether  you like it or not, this is the way nature controls the earth population.  without this, the earth will be overpopulated.

(07-11-2021, 07:23 AM)drgn Wrote:  whether  you like it or not, this is the way nature controls the earth population.  without this, the earth will be overpopulated.

Actually the world's population is controlled by wars against each other.... Thinking

(07-11-2021, 07:46 AM)5354 Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen, mai kia

By Jan next year, daily Covid19 cases will drop below 100

By CNY 2022 on Feb 1, less than 50 or gone for good

5 to 8 visitors during CNY will be allowed

Song boh?

I hope your prediction will come true...it had been a tough life we are now going thru'....need to socialize more, else we may suffer from dementia..... Big Grin

(07-11-2021, 08:01 AM)debono Wrote:  I hope your prediction will come true...it had been a tough life we are now going thru'....need to socialize more, else we may suffer from dementia..... Big Grin

For sure we can get out of this.
The question is how many deaths? How many suffer chronic long covid for the rest of their lives?

Many think someone else will carry the cross....not themselves.....

Just like smokers.alway think they are the one who live until old age smoking but won't get lung cancer.

(07-11-2021, 07:52 AM)5354 Wrote:  Unlike sgbutt, I have been going out of my home 2 to 5 times a day since the pandemic started

And when I had Covid19 symptoms, I self medicate at home with panadols, no ART test, no PCR test

After 7 days, I recovered to take my 2nd Pfizer jab and I will booster with Moderna when invited by MOH

You either live your life to the fullest like me or live your life in fear like sgbutt, choice is yours

Just be patient.  Crisis will end we all get to enjoy life to fullest in a few months....for sure we will come out.

In the mean time play safe. Don't be one with  need ICU or hospitalisation

(07-11-2021, 06:54 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Obviously, you can observe the vaccine is not effective on ppl with underlying conditions(reported), obseity or other reasons? 

It means if your body health is not so good shape. Vaccine or  no vaccine is actually doesnt make any difference.
Better wear your mask properly 才是上策。
Dont talk when you are in a crowded place such as in the MRT/Bus/Mall

Like Jac, better remind him to stay at home if possible...he is a die hard fan of this team.

Improve your blood circulation by doing exercise.
I recommend 拉筋运动。

Thumbs_up

(07-11-2021, 08:01 AM)debono Wrote:  I hope your prediction will come true...it had been a tough life we are now going thru'....need to socialize more, else we may suffer from dementia..... Big Grin

No dementia if you come here daily to exercise your brain, bro. 

Debating with sentinel, Jac, tangsen or sgbutt, etc will give your brain some exercises. 

Do you concur?

(07-11-2021, 09:06 AM)RichDad Wrote:  No dementia if you come here daily to exercise your brain, bro. 

Debating with sentinel, Jac, tangsen or sgbutt, etc will give your brain some exercises. 

Do you concur?

I do concur, it is one good way to keep dementia  at bay..... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(07-11-2021, 09:12 AM)debono Wrote:  I do concur, it is one good way to keep dementia  at bay..... Clapping

Just do programming which is what I have been doing staying home.

(07-11-2021, 10:04 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just do programming which is what I have been doing staying home.

I am not so IT savvy as you.... Clapping

(07-11-2021, 10:04 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just do programming which is what I have been doing staying home.

What apps you coding?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(07-11-2021, 08:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  For sure we can get out of this.
The question is how many deaths? How many suffer chronic long covid for the rest of their lives?

Many think someone else will carry the cross....not themselves.....

Just like smokers.alway think they are the one who live until old age smoking but won't get lung cancer.
30 years ago, expected to kick the bucket 20 years later, subsequently reduced fags from 3 pkt/2 days to 2 pkts/3 days. Just checked with Yanluowang and name is not in the register yet. nudie

(07-11-2021, 12:30 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  30 years ago, expected to kick the bucket 20 years later, subsequently reduced fags from 3 pkt/2 days to 2 pkts/3 days. Just checked with Yanluowang and name is not in the register yet. nudie

Good for you that you can reduce your addiction of cigarettes', you will live till 100 years old...... Clapping

(07-11-2021, 12:28 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  What apps you coding?

Just putting my my machine learning whichi learn online to good use. Also, experiment with high end card for machine learning.

1. Initial was to just do simple machine learning to classify image. Mainly to put theory I learn into practice.

2. Tune series prediction using machine learning. First off line then I link the live prices to the model. 

3. Android app programming....

(07-11-2021, 08:19 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just be patient.  Crisis will end we all get to enjoy life to fullest in a few months....for sure we will come out.

In the mean time play safe. Don't be one with  need ICU or hospitalisation
We all can pull through this difficult period by staying alert, practise healthy hygiene and safe protocols. Too fearful will ends up very stressful.

(07-11-2021, 03:09 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  We all can pull through this difficult period by staying alert, practise healthy hygiene and safe protocols. Too fearful will ends up very stressful.

Yes., you are right, we need to stay alert and practice good hygiene, and wearing a face mask, safe distancing and vaccination....This is what our garment is advising us to do..... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(07-11-2021, 02:57 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just putting my my machine learning whichi learn online to good use. Also, experiment with high end card for machine learning.

1. Initial was to just do simple machine learning to classify image. Mainly to put theory I learn into practice.

2. Tune series prediction using machine learning. First off line then I link the live prices to the model. 

3. Android app programming....

Which ML tools you using? Data set you get from where? You need lots of data for predictive modelling 
So you using time series modelling for secular forecasting? 

Time Series Model

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

watch out for mental problem due extended lockdown.