I got one relative the bills current pay by his bro

is via Giro , that bank account is his bro.

Let say the bro RIP , but his younger bro continue will pay the bill he can just top up money in his RIP Bro bank account continue deduct via Giro?

He ask me, i just told him actually Bank will not close a dead person account as long inside got money.

All the rip accounts will be frozen when the banks are informed.

For joint accounts, the surving account holders hv to apply to banks to close the accounts, so no more giro and standing instructions

(15-09-2023, 04:50 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  All the rip accounts will be frozen when the banks are informed.

For joint accounts, the surving account holders hv to apply to banks to close the accounts, so no more giro and standing instructions

huh like that very troublesome , so the younger bro have to re apply via Giro ? the remaining money like that frozen? bank win again?

joint account i heard cannot apply another one if you already have one with the same person?

(15-09-2023, 05:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  huh like that very troublesome , so the younger bro have to re apply via Giro ? the remaining money like that frozen? bank win again?

joint account i heard cannot apply another one if you already have one with the same person?

If banks don't do it that way, what better alternatives can you suggest?

[[ForeverAlone]] dateline='[url=tel:1694765542' Wrote:  1694765542[/url]']
is via Giro , that bank account is his bro.

Let say the bro RIP , but his younger bro continue will pay the bill he can just top up money in his RIP Bro bank account continue deduct via Giro?

He ask me, i just told him actually Bank will not close a dead person account as long inside got money.

Make sure your bro is not murdered.  Rotfl
They can freeze the account for many moons.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(15-09-2023, 05:18 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If banks don't do it that way, what better alternatives can you suggest?

his younger bro can just continue top up his RIP bro account continue pay via Giro thus his young bro no need again go apply all bills payment via Giro.

in fact I came to know they share to pay bill sometimes the young bro top up his bro account via online.

Today learn something new come this Giro payment.

after this relative thing I NOW Than know it seem NO NEED TO FILL UP ANY GIRO Form

You just go DBS online go PAY under there select GIRO got show all establishment , etc including Town Council , SP , telecom

just select , input your bill refer that it.

You from which mountain tortoise clan? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Dead people can still collect gst pay out from the gov? As long as the acc is still active

(15-09-2023, 06:51 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Dead people can still collect gst pay out from the gov? As long as the acc is still active

This is what I also curious

Think bank won't know unless they are informed. To close my late dad account I need to get a probate cost monies and use that to show then bank will close. So if never tell bank it remain active maybe

(15-09-2023, 07:04 PM)sgh Wrote:  Think bank won't know unless they are informed. To close my late dad account I need to get a probate cost monies and use that to show then bank will close. So if never tell bank it remain active maybe

How about GST money? if you late dad account never close , it will credit? I doubt will in the sense, come any one RIP.

for what I know, now no need go police station. Hospital side will inform every authorities that include Police.
So means Govt itself obviously will know from the data.

(15-09-2023, 07:16 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  How about GST money? if you late dad account never close , it will credit? I doubt will in the sense, come any one RIP.

for what I know, now no need go police station. Hospital side will inform every authorities that include Police.
So means Govt itself obviously will know from the data.

Must be clear about freezing and closing, 2 different things

When informed by garment, the banks will freeze the rip accounts. To take money out and close the accounts, you'll need to apply to the banks with the relevant documents

(15-09-2023, 08:00 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Must be clear about freezing and closing, 2 different things

When informed by garment, the banks will freeze the rip accounts. To take money out and close the accounts, you'll need to apply to the banks with the relevant documents

If that bank account never close GST money will be inside ? I doubt so since Govt side itself will know huh ?

(15-09-2023, 08:05 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  If that bank account never close GST money will be inside ? I doubt so since Govt side itself will know huh ?

Banks will close frozen and inactive accounts after some time, usually in a few yrs.

Are you having some account problems?

(15-09-2023, 06:51 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Dead people can still collect gst pay out from the gov? As long as the acc is still active

Wait long long lah. The moment you reported the death, system is updated.. No more monies...

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..