I noticed DBS inside ibanking cannot stop auto subscrption payment one

I know under Pay Bill there you can remove those you auto set pay the bill.

But i not preferring paying bill. Is paying for services which charged monthly.

Whereas inside PayPal you can straight disable.

for Bank payment you have to call the vendor to stop charging instead stop re curring billing from the bank.

Not in ibanking Singapore?

https://www.dbs.com.hk/personal/support/...nking.html

(07-05-2024, 07:39 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  Not in ibanking Singapore?

https://www.dbs.com.hk/personal/support/...nking.html

Don’t have , is a subscription service. I just noticed. What I mean here if you subscribe a monthly services you cannot cancel in your ibanking I find it funny whereas under PayPal you can disable those auto payment u don’t wish to continue pay.

This is why u have to email to vendor tell the support you don’t wish to subscript anymore if you use credit or debit card that time opt in as you key in your card number on their form.

But if you are using PayPal you can straight disable under PayPal no need to email to that vendor you want to stop paying.

(07-05-2024, 07:46 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Don’t have , is a subscription service. I just noticed. What I mean here if you subscribe a monthly services you cannot cancel in your ibanking I find it funny whereas under PayPal you can disable those auto payment u don’t wish to continue pay.

This is why u have to email to vendor tell the support you don’t wish to subscript anymore if you use credit or debit card that time opt in as you key in your card number on their form.

But if you are using PayPal you can straight disable under PayPal no need to email to that vendor you want to stop paying.

Aiya  must use your laptop or desktop to log in lah. HP cannot.      Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(07-05-2024, 08:23 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Aiya  must use your laptop or desktop to log in lah. HP cannot.      Rolleyes

I use desktop log in , I guess u don't know what I mean. Pay bills is all organisation you pay your bills. I mean is those services Outside aka like you subscribe a internet services from other countries , while that time you apply pay monthly is key in your card numbers.

You Only can cancel is to email that vendor support. You cannot disable the payment inside your iBanking. If you using PayPal if that vendor got offer this payment option you can literally disable auto payment inside your PayPal.

This is why on the other hand why some people got auto deduction which they don't subscribe have to call the bank to cancel it. Partly inside your ibanking you cannot see or don't have that option to cancel.

if you know what I mean.

(07-05-2024, 08:30 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I use desktop log in , I guess u don't know what I mean. Pay bills is all organisation you pay your bills. I mean is those services Outside aka like you subscribe a internet services from other countries , while that time you apply pay monthly  is key in your card numbers.

You Only can cancel is to email that vendor support. You cannot disable the payment inside your iBanking. If you using PayPal if that vendor got offer this payment option you can literally disable auto payment inside your PayPal.

This is why on the other hand why some people got auto deduction which they don't subscribe have to call the bank to cancel it. Partly inside your ibanking you cannot see or don't have that option to cancel.

if you know what I mean.

Is it Giro payment? I pay my PUB bills on auto deduct monthly and I can cancel it also using my laptop.     Big Grin

Carl Jung

(07-05-2024, 08:35 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Is it Giro payment? I pay my PUB bills on auto deduct monthly and I can cancel it also using my laptop.     Big Grin

Giro payment, credit car payment, or any SG organisation of course under pay bill you can see that and cancel.

What I mean is Private one Smile This is why I remember last time Grab got system error or got people complain Grab auto deduct they complain and have to call up the bank to cancel. Partly because inside iBanking you cannot cancel.

(07-05-2024, 08:38 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Giro payment, credit car payment, or any SG organisation of course under pay bill you can see that and cancel.

What I mean is Private one Smile This is why I remember last time Grab got system error or got people complain Grab auto deduct they complain and have to call up the bank to cancel. Partly because inside iBanking you cannot cancel.

Private ones like monthly auto deduct for Geylang sex joint service ah? Like this type of course cannot lah.     Big Grin

Carl Jung

(07-05-2024, 08:45 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Private ones like monthly auto deduct for Geylang sex joint service ah? Like this type of course cannot lah.     Big Grin

Smile Joke aside rah, You also notice right? Private one if you wanna cancel either email to vendor support or call bank stop the payment.

(07-05-2024, 08:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile Joke aside rah, You also notice right? Private one if you wanna cancel either email to vendor support or call bank stop the payment.

Make a trip to your nearest posb lah.     Big Grin

Carl Jung

(07-05-2024, 08:56 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Make a trip to your nearest posb lah.     Big Grin

No need if I want to cancel have to submit ticket to that vendor support

But what I mean here is PayPal seem better come manage your auto payment.

No need. Just cancel the credit card and cannot deduct anymore.

Simple

8Umbrella Umbrella

(07-05-2024, 09:24 PM)klat Wrote:  No need. Just cancel the credit card and cannot deduct anymore.

Simple
Like tat is troublesome than u need to key in new card number again for those service u want

You remind me. Have to stop those Google and Apps deductions on Apple iPhone. Don't know why they keep deducting. How to stop? They appear in the telephone bills. Nowadays, credit card statements are all online. Need to check one of these days. Everything on Giro. Even the Service Provider also auto-deducts their roaming package every month if you don't notice it and forget to stop them.

(07-05-2024, 07:16 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I know under Pay Bill there you can remove those you auto set pay the bill.

But i not preferring paying bill. Is paying for services which charged monthly.

Whereas inside PayPal you can straight disable.

for Bank payment you have to call the vendor to stop charging instead stop re curring billing from the bank.

Cannot u got to unsubscribe or limit your bill payment

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(07-05-2024, 10:53 PM)theold Wrote:  You remind me. Have to stop those Google and Apps deductions on Apple iPhone. Don't know why they keep deducting. How to stop? They appear in the telephone bills. Nowadays, credit card statements are all online. Need to check one of these days. Everything on Giro. Even the Service Provider also auto-deducts their roaming package every month if you don't notice it and forget to stop them.

This is what I discover , also depend you use which payment option. Provide the vendor got offer PayPal option than is better select PayPal as it will list down those you auto subscribe those vendors services which you pay monthly. You can just disable those you don't wish to carry on paying inside but come DBS iBanking you cannot see one. Those subscribe ones are Giro , or other banks credit card or Any SG organisation you opt in for monthly payment if you on these obviously you can remove via iBanking but come those 3rd party vendors you cannot do that , have to call the bank to tell them which service you want to stop payment. Kinda troublesome unlike PayPal.

(07-05-2024, 11:09 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Cannot u got to unsubscribe or limit your bill payment

As mention early I preferring those " 3rd Party vendor " inside DBS iBanking you cannot see it one. If wanna stop have to call up the bank.

(07-05-2024, 09:16 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  No need if I want to cancel have to submit ticket to that vendor support

Then close your DBS account and migrate all to Paypal.

Smile

Hv you used standing orders (so) before? Can pay to someone, company, subscription and etc, for recurring payments

It's similar to giro, but the amount is fixed and most importantly, you're in full control, you can anytime stop the standing orders without informing the billing organization

(07-05-2024, 09:16 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  No need if I want to cancel have to submit ticket to that vendor support

I think I know what you talking about after reading your broken English post a few times and suffered severe headache. Are you saying you made a subscription to someone or a service online and after that when come to renewal time, they automatically deduct the amount from your credit card? Then you go to your DBS i-banking to cancel that payment. If this is the case, you cannot stop it from DBS.

To stop that auto deduction, you need to access your online account for that subscription and look around to find and disable the "auto-renewal" button in your subscription side. For example most anti-virus software they quietly make auto-renew as a default option when you subscribe to the software. So if you not careful, upon expiry of your current subscription, you will find the subscription fee deducted from your bank even if your laptop had been damaged and thrown away and you no longer using that software. What I do to prevent this is to quickly disabled that auto-renewal button once I subscribed to the software. Usually before expiry the company will remind you to renew and then you go back and activate that auto renew button.    Big Grin

Carl Jung

so it is a subscription payment that one has authorized through a separate arrangement,

(08-05-2024, 05:46 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think I know what you talking about after reading your broken English post a few times and suffered severe headache. Are you saying you made a subscription to someone or a service online and after that when come to renewal time, they automatically deduct the amount from your credit card? Then you go to your DBS i-banking to cancel that payment. If this is the case, you cannot stop it from DBS.

To stop that auto deduction, you need to access your online account for that subscription and look around to find and disable the "auto-renewal" button in your subscription side. For example most anti-virus software they quietly make auto-renew as a default option when you subscribe to the software. So if you not careful, upon expiry of your current subscription, you will find the subscription fee deducted from your bank even if your laptop had been damaged and thrown away and you no longer using that software. What I do to prevent this is to quickly disabled that auto-renewal button once I subscribed to the software. Usually before expiry the company will remind you to renew and then you go back and activate that auto renew button.    Big Grin

Smile No , I preferring 3rd party vendor. I like Sub for marketing servicing from Other countries marketing company. Inside your iBanking cannot cancel one. You have to submit ticket to that Marketing company tell them you don't want to renew the service is cancel on their side not inside your iBanking because you cannot see that.

BUT , if that vendor got offer PayPal payment option beside Credit or Debit card option. Epic for PayPal you can see that vendor and straight can cancel from your side.

For an example if like Song Playstation. If you want to play online vs others you actually need to subscribe to their PS Plus service. Which charge monthly . They accept payment pay via credit, debit card or Paypal. If you use Credit or Debit card to pay , You cannot cancel straight inside your iBanking you cannot see that .

(08-05-2024, 05:46 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile No , I preferring 3rd party vendor. I like Sub for marketing servicing from Other countries marketing company. Inside your iBanking cannot cancel one. You have to submit ticket to that Marketing company tell them you don't want to renew the service is cancel on their side not inside your iBanking because you cannot see that.

BUT , if that vendor got offer PayPal payment option beside Credit or Debit card option. Epic for PayPal you can see that vendor and straight can cancel from your side.

For an example if like Song Playstation. If you want to play online vs others you actually need to subscribe to their PS Plus service. Which charge monthly . They accept payment pay via credit, debit card or Paypal.  If you use Credit or Debit card to pay , You cannot cancel straight inside your iBanking you cannot see that .
It’s not subscribed under giro of cos can’t see co.

☝️

(08-05-2024, 05:50 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  It’s not subscribed under giro of cos can’t see co.

Ah, since like I got you and you also know what I talking. Yea This is why I say funny if you pay using PayPal you can literally can see all those services you subscribe for monthly or yearly payment and can straight cancel .

But EPIC come Bank don't have this feature?

(08-05-2024, 05:52 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Ah, since like I got you and you also know what I talking.  Yea This is why I say funny if you pay using PayPal you can literally can see all those services you subscribe for monthly or yearly payment and can straight cancel .

Write to bank n complain loh

☝️

(08-05-2024, 05:46 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile No , I preferring 3rd party vendor. I like Sub for marketing servicing from Other countries marketing company. Inside your iBanking cannot cancel one. You have to submit ticket to that Marketing company tell them you don't want to renew the service is cancel on their side not inside your iBanking because you cannot see that.

For an example if like Song Playstation. If you want to play online vs others you actually need to subscribe to their PS Plus service. Which charge monthly . They accept payment pay via credit, debit card or Paypal.  If you use Credit or Debit card to pay , You cannot cancel straight inside your iBanking you cannot see that .

It is the same as what I posted wat. I dunno about PayPal but bank cannot lah. For bank, you must unsubscribe or cancel the service so that they dun bill. Bank side cannot do anything.     Big Grin

Carl Jung

(08-05-2024, 05:52 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Ah, since like I got you and you also know what I talking.  Yea This is why I say funny if you pay using PayPal you can literally can see all those services you subscribe for monthly or yearly payment and can straight cancel .

You can stop paypal payment but that doesn't end the ongoing contact with the subscription company, unless the contract has expired

(08-05-2024, 05:55 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  It is the same as what I posted wat. I dunno about PayPal but bank cannot lah. For bank, you must unsubscribe or cancel the service so that they dun bill. Bank side cannot do anything.     Big Grin

(08-05-2024, 06:00 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Smile This is why I say KNS Bank cannot ownself cancel ? Whereas EPIC PayPal can inside you can cancel yourself.

You can stop paypal payment but that doesn't end the ongoing contact with the subscription company, unless the contract has expired

It cancel. As the PayPal is link with your debit card. Once you stop cancel the subscription from that vendor u don't wish to carry on using. The vendor cannot charge you again via PayPal.