I ordered solar panel light to save electricity ....

I am just save a bit of electricity a d using it as a night light. 
Today I am using a motion detect light that comes on when i go kitchen or toilet at night. It stays on for a while before turning off. I am replacing those with solar panel light system.

[Image: nkXocC0.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

Do you also collect rain water to use for washing?
Can save alot annually you know?

Beware, I have tried before but the day time solar power is not enough to charge the battery sufficiently for night use.
Eventually, I modified the module to have a plug-in socket to take in external lithium-ion battery which I charge myself every month or so.
Check that if the light is still turned on during day-time, it is missing night time sensor. The good one should only turn on at night.

TS to save more you can flush the toilet once a week and bath every fortnightly Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

Maybe sure that you can switch to electricity.

This kind can get enough sunlight meh?

Ignore List: Oyk

(10-06-2024, 06:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I am just save a bit of electricity a d using it as a night light. 
Today I am using a motion detect light that comes on when i go kitchen or toilet at night. It stays on for a while before turning off. I am replacing those with solar panel light system.

[Image: nkXocC0.jpeg]

That means it will be pitch dark after  awhile when no one passes the sensor. Better think carefully whether it is worth saving a few cents and spent a few thousand buying digital gadgets for games. Dun forget you got an old mom who might fall in pitch darkness before passing the light sensor and die or break her hip.       Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(10-06-2024, 07:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This kind can get enough sunlight meh?

Day time put on bicycle and cycle for whole day under the sun lor!  Laughing

Not much electricity could be saved. The led lights used very little power

Sometimes I really dunno where ah butt put his brain. For night light you can easily get those usb chargeable ones that cost about $10-15. Then you only need to charge very infrequently, maybe about once every 2 to 3 weeks depending on usage.

Need to go through such trouble of using solar panel to save $3 every month meh?

Ignore List: Oyk

(10-06-2024, 06:24 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Do you also collect rain water to use for washing?
Can save alot annually you know?

Rainwater better dont collect, the fine will make you cry. You must know the law first.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I used 1 watt LED light that plugs into the wall socket. Cost 3.50 can last 20,000 hours.     Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Each led light uses says $0.03 per night, or $1 per month, $12 per yr

How much cud the solar panel save?

What a shameless hypocrite! Slam China yet buy their product

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

The only good way to save electricity is to dump your aircon and water heater.

Now I start to shower with cold water for this period of hot weather. I don’t feel the water is cold at all.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

(10-06-2024, 08:06 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I used 1 watt LED light that plugs into the wall socket. Cost 3.50 can last 20,000 hours.     Rolleyes

I have one too. Not sure about the wattage. Been using it for around a decade.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(10-06-2024, 07:29 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  TS to save more you can flush the toilet once a week and bath every fortnightly Smile
If stays in condon Bath n excrete foc at their toilet n bathrm

The specification says this lamp will give 1000 lumens and consume 1.5W.  That works out to 666 lumens per watt.  It has 3 modes.  1.  motion sensor mode that detects movement 2.  Photocell sensing mode that switches on the lamp according to lighting level  3. Normal mode,  allowing the lamp to switch on and off manually.  The light intensity is settable.

Think the supplier has overstated his specifications.  This is because a superbright LED can give only about 100 lumens per watt; normal LED about 80 lumens per watt,  the fluorescent lamp (exclude ballast),  about 50 lumens per watt; incandescent,  about 10 lumens per watt.  660 lumens per watt is not achievable today.  Besides this,  the lamp is not bad for the price except it is not too sure if he has also overstated the other feature.  Hope you can share the performance when you have installed the lamp.

[Image: lumen-comparison-gen.jpg]

In life, we save costs and it should also be minimising or maintaining the exposure to injury risk.

Most of the replies here are helpful.

The light seems to be for outdoor as stated.

For outdoor use, won't last long, around 9 to 12m

Meanwhile lose $ thousands when market plunge.

Penny wise pound foolish.

Useless fast no light

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

where to buy these solar panels in spore not those fr on line ones

Try mr diy

wow,, make so much money also want to save electriicity.. bet more on HSI can already..

buy BYD and keep lah.

(12-06-2024, 04:52 PM)victortan Wrote:  wow,, make so much money also want to save electriicity.. bet more on HSI can already..

buy BYD and keep lah.

SGbodoh is a smelly sewage ganges CECA lah … anti China no buy BYD … he waiting for CECA land BYD…. Bullshit You Daily  Rotfl

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Hey there! I checked out your post about ordering solar panel lights to save on electricity. That's awesome!  It's smart thinking to cut down on those bills and be kinder to the planet at the same time. I've been thinking about getting some myself, maybe from https://solarsmart.ie. Have you noticed a big difference in your electricity usage since you got them? I'm curious to hear if they're as good as they sound. Keep up the energy-saving vibes!

I have installed the solar panel to light up my kitchen are at night.

It is very bright and lights up the whole kitchen area.

There are some comments that it won't save much .in terms of $$...and so on. That may be true.

Just wanted to try.something new.  System works through motion sensor so it is also more convenient as you don't have to fumble for the switch at night.

I shouldn't be surprise now over  negative comments and attack of this simple.idea. ..but it js a straightforward thing and there not much to it.

[Image: Usjaa3c.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.