I purchased a $10 for 100G sim card from TPG to try.

[Image: uz9ca4A.jpg]

I will be using it as I go round my favorite places MRT bus to check of coverage good enough. If good, I will port my number over..

One shortfall is they only give 30 sms. But incoming sms is free unlimited.

Tested at home works perfectly. Very fast.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Is it suitable for most phones ? Do you need to use TPG app for outgoing calls ?

Smile

(08-04-2022, 07:57 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Is it suitable for most phones ? Do you need to use TPG app for outgoing calls ?

App for calling?...No lah. I think you need to check if your phone has the LTE band they are using ....most have 

If forgot to check but I pop in the sim card and if works.

Right now my plan is $13 Zero1  6G LTE and unlimited 3G ....

I will save $3 by switching over...the 3G data is okay but YouTube always lowest resolution

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Some places the transmission is not good. For some buildings, the transmitters help.

(08-04-2022, 08:01 PM)theold Wrote:  Some places the transmission is not good.

As I understand their coverage reach 100% already. I am testing for 1 full month.

Alott of negative impression is from their trial period when their coverage was not yet 100% and no reception underground. All that has changed already.

But I will still test before switch over as I get quite frustrated if my data goes down.

It's just $10...for one month and my phone is dual sim ...why not

Maybe close to 100% but might not be 100%. One rich guy used this recently. He said how come no connection.

If dual, it is fine.

This guy shared his experience using TPG.

For me the registration at theshop was so fast. Guy took my IC ask me for $10 choose a number. 5 minutes. Thats it ....done.

[Image: BEST-SIM-ONLY-MOBILE-PLANS-IN-SINGAPORE-...BUDGET.png]

Smile

(08-04-2022, 08:14 PM)Niubee Wrote:  [Image: BEST-SIM-ONLY-MOBILE-PLANS-IN-SINGAPORE-...BUDGET.png]

I didn't know Zero1 had starter package.
I am paying $13 for the same thing.

I can say Zero1 coverage is excellent as they are on SingTel. The throttling after you use up 6G is okay for everything ...YouTube however is lowest resolution which is still watchable. 

I have no issues with the Zero1 plan just that the TPG seems much better.

You got to make your your phone support VoLTE before signing up this kind of cheapo plan…. Rotfl

Don’t later KPKB….

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/volte

Do take note you can’t surf net and call at the same time when using this kind of cheapo plan if I did not remember wrongly. They won’t tell you this issue.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-04-2022, 08:48 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You got to make your your phone support VoLTE before signing up this kind of cheapo plan…. Rotfl

Don’t later KPKB….

Do take note you can’t serve net and call at the same time when using plan if I did not remember wrongly. They won’t tell you this issue.

You are right need to check if phone support VoLTE.
I forgot to check but my phone has ...most phones would have this unless your phone is 8yrs or older.

Speediest on bus.
Seems okay.

[Image: 9kl7lkL.jpg]

(08-04-2022, 08:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You are right need to check if phone support VoLTE.
I forgot to check but my phone has ...most phones would have this unless your phone is 8yrs or older.

There's a misnomer about volte phones. Even if your phone is capable of volte, it may not work with all networks.

Last time, those not supported, you need to download an app to call. Had those free sim trial cards before. Tried to use it in Malaysia. Only certain areas have signals.

(08-04-2022, 09:02 PM)theold Wrote:  Last time, those not supported, you need to download an app to call. Have those free sim cards before. Tried to use it in Malaysia. Only certain areas have signals.

I had a free sim from them also.
I tried to use in Malaysia but it did not work because my phone did not have the band they use there.

That was an old phone. Most new phones have no problem.

Anyway just need to pay $10 to try for one month to see what problems there are ....before porting over.

So far no issues for me.

At hawker center....very fast.

[Image: 8O0Bcb7.jpg]

Bef it was foc for 1 year
Often Hang
Inside tunnel no data

Now upgraded
Fast,smooth,convenient,cheap no complaints
😊😊😊

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(09-04-2022, 01:29 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Bef it was foc for 1 year
Often Hang
Inside tunnel no data

Now upgraded
Fast,smooth,convenient,cheap no complaints
😊😊😊

When it was free we were helping to test the system and iron out the problems.

Today I tested the card across Singapore at shopping center on mrt ...on bus small street corner. Started in morning until now ....here is what I experienced.

1. Connection on bus and MRT all perfect no problem.

2. In building all no problem. Public toilet in build all okay....

3. Only lost connection once in basement of one of the building. But connection loss is not whole building basement...I walk around and was connected again.

So far so good.

Will test for a few weeks before switching.over.

(08-04-2022, 08:12 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This guy shared his experience using TPG.

For me the registration at theshop was so fast. Guy took my IC ask me for $10 choose a number. 5 minutes. Thats it ....done.

You dun have a fixed number? You keep changing number whenever you change service provider?

(11-04-2022, 07:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Today I tested the card across Singapore at shopping center on mrt ...on bus small street corner.  Started in morning until now ....here is what I experienced.

3. Only lost connection once in basement of one of the building. But connection loss is not whole building basement...I walk around and was connected again.

So far so good.

Thks for the feedback.

(11-04-2022, 07:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Today I tested the card across Singapore at shopping center on mrt ...on bus small street corner.  Started in morning until now ....here is what I experienced.

So far so good.

So cheap still want to test more.

How about climb top of Bukit Timah hill n test connection if ok means very 🤙 Liao

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

https://changimobile.com/promo/planupdate_mar22

(08-04-2022, 07:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: uz9ca4A.jpg]

I will be using it as I go round my favorite places MRT bus to check of coverage good enough. If good, I will port my number over..

Don't think can port number over. Not for 100gb

Only for 50gb plan

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/community/topic...sign%2Dups.

(11-04-2022, 09:49 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Don't think can port number over. Not for 100gb

Only for 50gb plan

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/community/topic...sign%2Dups.

I think the TPG marketing is confusing.
The 100G plan is actually the 50G plan +50G free ....they previously offer extra 50G for limited time ..now it is just 100G...

Should be no problem porting in.

(11-04-2022, 10:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think the TPG marketing is confusing.
The 100G plan is actually the 50G plan +50G free ....they previously offer extra 50G for limited time ..now it is just 100G...

Should be no problem porting in.

It says porting in for prepaid card service. So if you are using a post paid service, can't port in, right?

Confusing. You try n let us know. Tks.

TPG $5 for 50GB now....for seniors?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(08-04-2022, 08:48 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You got to make your your phone support VoLTE before signing up this kind of cheapo plan…. Rotfl

Don’t later KPKB….

Do take note you can’t surf net and call at the same time when using this kind of cheapo plan if I did not remember wrongly. They won’t tell you this issue.

一分钱, 一分货
u get what u pay for

Anyway this type of company helps to bring down the costs. Thank you!

But don't like the sentence "Unlimited Data at throttled speeds".

(08-04-2022, 07:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: uz9ca4A.jpg]

TPG always give too much mobile data but too little SMS.................a deal-breaker for me.................

i heard people have problems with the One-time Password also...................

and TPG only work with newer phones, right ?