I reckon I am suffering from social anxiety

That part of the year aka the dreaded holiday season is upon us again; it is particularly depressing for me because there's virtually no one to hang out with. No close friends to meet or plan gatherings. Only me, myself and I. Despite trying not to blame myself too much for this somewhat self-inflicted "predicament", admittedly it hurts every time I think about it.

Going into university, I was hoping things would be different but nope, nothing's changed. People are everywhere, I am acquainted with plenty of folks, yet not a single soul I could legitimately call a friend.

I am not antisocial per se; I do enjoy having company. In fact I become an entirely different person around others - sociable and friendly to a fault. No one would expect that on the inside, I am actually feeling crushed. These few weeks for example were sheer torture, what with possessing countless negative thoughts and fervently trying to cast them aside by pursuing mindless entertainment.

I once attempted going out alone, truth be told it felt darn horrible. Every moment spent gazing at clusters of happy humans going about their routines together made me realize this was a bad idea. I yearn to ask someone, anyone out.....however I just couldn't. It's not that I don't want to. I want to reach out to my peers, hang out with and learn about them but I simply can't bring myself to do so.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2021/12/...ocial.html

Strawberry snowflakes  Eye-rolling

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Better play dolls.

This one girl or boy?