I saw a Black American gamer youtuber use Chinese nickname

in the online game. I curious why he choose a Chinese nick instead an English nick.

Maybe because China has the biggest e-sport market in the world for now. He could change his nick once another country emerged as the biggest e-sport market later.

(10-09-2023, 01:23 PM)Levin Wrote:  Maybe because China has the biggest e-sport market in the world for now. He could change his nick once another country emerged as the biggest e-sport market later.

I find it lol just " weird " ...This American Black due use a Chinese Nick playing online game.

Came across one Ex-Singaporean who changed his name to a funny name, half-American, half-unknown. Now, an American. Think, this allows him to work in different organisations/ businesses with his US Qualifications of Masters, Degrees and NUS degree without being portrayed as Chinese. One look gives you the impression that he is not from Asia.

(10-09-2023, 01:16 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  in the online game. I curious why he choose a Chinese nick instead an English nick.

You are new to this world?  Thinking

(10-09-2023, 01:39 PM)theold Wrote:  Came across one Ex-Singaporean who changed his name to a funny name, half-American, half-unknown. Now, an American. Think, this allows him to work in different organisations/ businesses with his Qualifications of Masters without being portrayed as Chinese. One look it gives you the impression that he is not from Asia.

interesting, but I preferring nick been used in online game.

(10-09-2023, 01:42 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  You are new to this world?  Thinking

well just feel weird why he as American Black use a Chinese nick. If you don't know him in person play the game online with him will thought he from China or TW or HK even SG or MY Asia countries.