I stepped into a Mr Prata outlet - this is what happened...

$4.50 for one kopi-C and egg onion prata.

I can't really remember the last time I ate prata but it seems that price has gone up somewhat. Is this standard price now?

[Image: rEZhr9W.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Nonsense man EGG+ Onion prata now cost 3 dollar.

You must well eat Cai peng , 2 or 3 dish some places cost 3 bucks , you can fill up your stomach better

I think that is the market rate now. The other day someone posted rota prata with egg is $2.80 now. So this one got egg plus onion is $3.00 should be about right. .... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Cheap leh..it measure 1 meter by 60cm prata..

Reasonable with the price of egg.

(29-05-2022, 03:50 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Nonsense man EGG+ Onion prata now cost 3 dollar.

You must well eat Cai peng , 2 or 3 dish some places cost 3 bucks , you can fill up your stomach better

Sgbuffett is rich mah. Pretend to ask price of prata but actually to show off he can afford to eat $3 prata lah. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(29-05-2022, 05:50 PM)Blin Wrote:  if you got problem many mati lo.

He just want to show off only lah. Like some people wear a new gold Rolex watch will shake his wrist in front of you and said his hand itchy...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

mr prata is a restaurant.

it is considered cheap.

I would rather pay $5 for a huge portion of malay nasi sambal goreng. Beef, potato, tau kua and cow insides.

(29-05-2022, 07:34 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I would rather pay $5 for a huge portion of malay nasi sambal goreng. Beef, potato, tau kua and cow insides.

I think now cannot get at $5.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-05-2022, 08:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think now cannot get at $5.

Abc brickworks market, stall name Nusa & Tara. $5 nasi sambal goreng. Huge portion.

(29-05-2022, 03:50 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Nonsense man EGG+ Onion prata now cost 3 dollar.

Cai png still selling $2 or $3?  You must be dreaming.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(29-05-2022, 05:12 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Reasonable with the price of egg.

Eggs was 20 cents each but recently went up to 30 cents each,

It's a 10 cents increase.

How does that justify the exorbitant increase in prices of most things?

It's clear-cut profiteering.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

yesterday ate ccp with 1 meat 1 veggie, only $2.60. very nicely cooked

the way ah butt spent, durain, roast duck, dumpling, mee robus, nasi lemek, ... how to keep monthly expenses below 300?

stopped eating after 1 kosong went up to 70cents..................and i love pratas...........

the problem with sg street food is not only the price but also the quality.... and the hawkers feel that they are serving "cheap food" so no need to be quality or service... but with the price keep increasing... very soon, sg hawker food will cost more than restaurant food in this region (just like our cheap hdb is more expensive than most private 999 years housing). s$10 get you a very proper and nice meal even in jpn with super nice service.

(29-05-2022, 10:08 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  stopped eating after 1 kosong went up to 70cents..................and i love pratas...........

now its $1.2 and MIN. 2PC! (think will up more soon)...

(29-05-2022, 10:37 PM)growthorvalue Wrote:  the problem with sg street food is not only the price but also the quality.... and the hawkers feel that they are serving "cheap food" so no need to be quality or service... but with the price keep increasing... very soon, sg hawker food will cost more than restaurant food in this region (just like our cheap hdb is more expensive than most private 999 years housing). s$10 get you a very proper and nice meal even in jpn with super nice service.

Back in good old days MCD is consider “ expensive “ food

Ppl like weekend once a while than eat

As most enjoy nice hawker foods as is cheap and affordable

Last time buy satay 100 stick no problem cost cost less than 30 cent

Now u try to buy 100 sticks see how much in SG

Now it seem beside MCD also increase price over the years now it seem hawker food price on par slowly same with MCD
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(29-05-2022, 10:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Back in good old days MCD is consider “ expensive “ food

Now it seem beside MCD also increase price over the years now it seem hawker food price on par slowly same with MCD

i just tried recently.. @amk hawker stall - 80cts per stick... and... min. 10 sticks. not nice some more.. no choice, money grow on tree in sg...

Mr prata reviewed by The Food Dossier: 5.9/10

https://www.thefooddossier.com/2021/02/mr-prata.html

(29-05-2022, 10:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Back in good old days MCD is consider “ expensive “ food

U r living in the past everyday.  Laughing

Last time mata wear shorts Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(29-05-2022, 03:46 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  $4.50 for one kopi-C and egg onion prata.

I can't really remember the last time I ate prata but it seems that price has gone up somewhat. Is this standard price now?

[Image: rEZhr9W.jpg]

Very reasonable for a more atas prata shop. Prata, egg, onion, kopi. You expect $2.50?

Now even mee siam mai hum can be $4. Haven't add kopi.

(29-05-2022, 10:37 PM)growthorvalue Wrote:  now its $1.2 and MIN. 2PC! (think will up more soon)...
worst is minimum two at lease cannot buy one.

Ya Kun kopi-c is now $2.20 small, $2.90 large.

Never seen before inflation.

(30-05-2022, 08:17 AM)Thanks RichDad Wrote:  Ya Kun kopi-c is now $2.20 small, $2.90 large.

Never seen before inflation.

Yes  Ya Kun drink price increases is terrible like day light robbery 

eat like the west, fast food. no more hawker food.