I took grab and the driver was deaf - this is what happened...

眼观四面,耳听八方

There are aso things you couldn't see or hear while driving, like road curbs and lokang, you'll need another useful sense called proprioception, which aso helps when you do reverse parking, parallel parking and etc

(22-01-2023, 05:20 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Colour blind worse when comes to traffic lights

When one is color blind, they can't see the red and green lights................ crying
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

https://www.grab.com/sg/blog/grab-commun...-a-driver/

Peter is a great example of the tenacity of the deaf community that inspires us every day to ensure that the platform does not discriminate. For the past a year and a half that Peter has been driving with Grab, he has held a consistently high rating for his over 2000 completed rides with zero safety incidents reported.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzeD17Asrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhXsyXTZXLM

(22-01-2023, 03:41 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You are risking the lives of the ones around you. He can't even hear warning signal like a horn. I would have cancel the trip! Being sympathetic is one thing, risking death is another.

based on your logic, driverless cars should be banned since they cannot hear or understand the honking ?

(22-01-2023, 05:31 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.grab.com/sg/blog/grab-commun...-a-driver/

Peter is a great example of the tenacity of the deaf community that inspires us every day to ensure that the platform does not discriminate. For the past a year and a half that Peter has been driving with Grab, he has held a consistently high rating for his over 2000 completed rides with zero safety incidents reported.

Instead of saying baseless negative things we should appreciate the effort of these drivers. They have to overcome challenges

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(22-01-2023, 04:56 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  If you cannot hear road conditions from the radio, how are you going to drive your passengers safely and on time to their destinations?

technology device can do the transcribe from speech to text.

(22-01-2023, 05:54 PM)forum456 Wrote:  based on your logic, driverless cars should be banned since they cannot hear or understand the honking ?
Driverlessl cars cannot 'hear' therefore is it a safe alternative...............? Big Grin

I'd always thought deaf, blind and even colour blindness folks are not allowed to drive...

(22-01-2023, 05:57 PM)debono Wrote:  Driverlessl cars cannot 'hear' therefore is it a safe alternative...............? Big Grin

driverless cars cannot hear and deaf drivers cannot hear.

any difference between a driverless car and a deaf driver when they cannot hear ?

(22-01-2023, 05:54 PM)forum456 Wrote:  based on your logic, driverless cars should be banned since they cannot hear or understand the honking ?

Wait till the trials in sg is successful then say lah. Now we don have one running on the busy road. What comments should I make?

(22-01-2023, 06:01 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Wait till the trials in sg is successful then say lah. Now we don have one running on the busy road. What comments should I make?

if future driveless car cannot hear or understand honking, will you advocate to ban driverless car ?

(22-01-2023, 05:59 PM)forum456 Wrote:  driverless cars cannot hear and deaf drivers cannot hear.

any difference between a driverless car and a deaf driver when they cannot hear ?

I suspect that these deaf drivers are able to hear a little bit..............not completely deaf...... Big Grin

(22-01-2023, 06:03 PM)debono Wrote:  I suspect that these deaf drivers are able to hear a little bit..............not completely deaf...... Big Grin

you agree that deaf driver is safer than a driverless car  or the same ?

(22-01-2023, 06:03 PM)forum456 Wrote:  if future driveless car cannot hear or understand honking, will you advocate to ban driverless car ?

What is there to advocate when there is nothing now. The future you never know what will become.

(22-01-2023, 06:07 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  What is there to advocate when there is nothing now. The future you never know what will become.

do you advocate a driverless car to understand honking from other normal cars ?

(22-01-2023, 06:18 PM)forum456 Wrote:  do you advocate a driverless car to understand honking from other normal cars ?

I think technology can add a 'hearing' device into the driverless car.............. Big Grin

(22-01-2023, 06:25 PM)debono Wrote:  I think technology can add a 'hearing' device into the driverless car.............. Big Grin

how can a driverless car understand what the honking is about ?

honking is just a loud sound.

(22-01-2023, 06:28 PM)forum456 Wrote:  how can a driverless car understand what the honking is about ?

honking is just a loud sound.

For the driverless car they can incorporate a 'hearing' device so as to 'hear' other cars honking.............. nudie

(22-01-2023, 06:18 PM)forum456 Wrote:  do you advocate a driverless car to understand honking from other normal cars ?

Do you concur that this has not happen yet?

(22-01-2023, 06:32 PM)debono Wrote:  For the driverless car they can incorporate a 'hearing' device so as to 'hear' other cars honking.............. nudie

how does the driverless car know what is wrong when it '"hears" the honk ?

(22-01-2023, 06:34 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Do you concur that this has not happen yet?

driverless car cannot understand what is wrong even if it detects honking.
it is as  good as not hearing or deaf.

for example, people honk when the driverless car is too slow or driverless car has spoilt tyre or danger on the left

(22-01-2023, 06:40 PM)forum456 Wrote:  driverless car cannot understand what is wrong even if it detects honking.
it is as  good as not hearing or deaf.

for example, people honk when the driverless car is too slow or driverless car has spoilt tyre or danger on the left

We don have a driverless car in sg.  There will probably be some solutions to it by then or maybe driverless car has their own designated lanes...so there is no point in discussing further

(22-01-2023, 06:48 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  We don have a driverless car in sg.  There will probably be some solutions to it by then or maybe driverless car has their own designated lanes...so there is no point in discussing further

It is easy for the engineers to incorporate a 'hearing device' to 'hear' the honking from other cars............ nudie

(22-01-2023, 07:14 PM)debono Wrote:  It is easy for the engineers to incorporate a 'hearing device' to 'hear' the honking from other cars............ nudie

Ya...car improvements will be make over time like our phones...last time use only Nokia now 5g already

(22-01-2023, 06:03 PM)debono Wrote:  I suspect that these deaf drivers are able to hear a little bit..............not completely deaf...... Big Grin

Some of them pretend cannot hear one lah! Big Grin "Ha? Ha?" Tiah boh lah!

(22-01-2023, 07:20 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Ya...car improvements will be make over time like our phones...last time use only Nokia now 5g already

That is exactly what I am trying to say..................... Clapping

(22-01-2023, 04:36 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Take a risk lah! Big Grin

What's the return?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Yes, AI can be programmed and trained to "hear" and understand honking.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(22-01-2023, 07:30 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Yes, AI can be programmed and trained to "hear" and understand honking.

if I honk, AI can detect honking but AI will not know what is wrong until I tell AI what is wrong.

can I go to a driverless car and tell the driverless car that the car plate is crooked or missing ?