Secondhand Book Store In Bras Basah Complex Closing Down By July Due To

Secondhand Book Store In Bras Basah Complex Closing Down By July Due To High Rental Costs
https://mustsharenews.com/bras-basah-complex-bookstore/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(07-06-2022, 06:06 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Secondhand Book Store In Bras Basah Complex Closing Down By July Due To High Rental Costs
https://mustsharenews.com/bras-basah-complex-bookstore/

Another one bites the dust liao lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

I still remembered last time I still buy game book at 2nd bookstore. So fun to play with classmates and friends. Still need to buy a D20 dice for the game.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Actually they think still got hope meh 10 years ago?
[+] 2 users Like Sharexchange's post

Knowledge is power
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

This is the 3rd bookstore, liao

This BB Complex can tear down

and build condo

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(07-06-2022, 07:27 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Actually they think still got hope meh 10 years ago?

Nowadays many things can be read online liao leh!

That place sell art stuff and sports stuff theme better...demolish those Books what书城 theme...become 体育城 better...good foresight by lim pei will make owner a billionaires..
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

wat abt the one in selegie
the sultana bookshop"

(07-06-2022, 09:38 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  That place sell art stuff and sports stuff theme better...demolish those Books what书城 theme...become 体育城 better...good foresight by lim pei will make owner a billionaires..

Is the Popular still there leh? Long time no go liao leh!

(07-06-2022, 09:41 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Is the Popular still there leh? Long time no go liao leh!

Walaneh still surviving and collecting dust la...
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(07-06-2022, 09:41 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Walaneh still surviving and collecting dust la...

I used to stand near the staircase there pretending to read magazines leh! Then every time got schoolgirls in uniforms going up I looked up and saw their panties leh!

(07-06-2022, 09:45 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I used to stand near the staircase there pretending to read magazines leh! Then every time got schoolgirls in uniforms going up I looked up and saw their panties leh!

No wonder some books there got mold.

How are they going to do with all the books after closure ?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

What will happen to the 2nd hand book?🤔🤔 Give away free?

The place is a gem. I bought many difficult to find books there.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Maybe send left over books to libraries

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

Wondering whether those books in library are sanitized against Covid?
[+] 1 user Likes SotongOngTee's post

(07-06-2022, 11:58 AM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Wondering whether those books in library are sanitized against Covid?

Doubt so
So many books to sanitise one by one  maybe just gun spray around the library

☝️

(07-06-2022, 09:25 AM)Ola Wrote:  This is the 3rd bookstore, liao

This BB Complex can tear down

and build condo

Just convert all the shops to FnB.

Maybe can have a China Food Mall - the best of all of China.

Sichuan food (but not always mala, please).
Guangdong food
Shandong food
Shanghai food
Beijing food
Henan food
Hunan food
Jiangnan food
etc

We can have a taste of all of China there.

I am sure it will be very popular with the local Chinese community here which numbers about 450K.

I believe even Singaporeans will patronise...yes, do remember to sell freshly made stinky tofu too.

It will become a tourist attraction.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(07-06-2022, 01:29 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Just convert all the shops to FnB.

Maybe can have a China Food Mall - the best of all of China.

Sichuan food (but not always mala, please).
Guangdong food
Shandong food
Shanghai food
Beijing food
Henan food
Hunan food
Jiangnan food
etc

We can have a taste of all of China there.

I am sure it will be very popular with the local Chinese community here which numbers about 450K.

I believe even Singaporeans will patronise...yes, do remember to sell freshly made stinky tofu too.

It will become a tourist attraction.
cont'd

In pre-covid days, I used to "patrol" the food streets of various cities of China.

You will be spoilt for choice.

It's not like ours with a limited range of food...the same old bak chor mee, *Roasted Delights*, Mee Hoon Kway, and some fake Korean food, or a Wanton Noodle stall...and it's rinsed and repeat in all shopping malls' food courts.  In China, their food streets are never identical between one city and another. You can eat in China for a lifetime, and you never finish eating all of the vast array of cuisine there...

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(07-06-2022, 11:58 AM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Wondering whether those books in library are sanitized against Covid?

Why must do that leh? What a waste lah!

(07-06-2022, 02:14 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Why must do that leh? What a waste lah!
Bro Walaneh,

After passing through so many hands you not scared meh?

(07-06-2022, 02:26 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Bro cheekopekman,

After passing through so many hands you not scared meh?

Go and wash your hands thoroughly in the toilet with soap solutions more effective lah!

Reflecting on the closure of Knowledge Book Centre at Bras Basah Complex, a year later, it's still a poignant reminder of the challenges faced by small businesses, particularly secondhand bookstores. In the fast-paced world, it's not uncommon for these beloved establishments to struggle due to rising costs.For those who continue to seek the magic of secondhand books and support independent sellers, even in the absence of a beloved local store, https://sacfleamarkets.com/ remains a valuable destination. It's a place where book lovers can explore a diverse array of pre-loved books and connect with sellers who share their enthusiasm.