I went to money changer to get ringgit - this is what happened...

[Image: MzUCB1Z.jpg]

As I was in a bit of hurry I did not check exchange rate before changing...but he offered 3.32 per sgd which sounds reasonable.

Later I check the spot rate on forex market the exchange rate was 3.34

Means if you change S$100 you lose 2 ringgit around 50cts.
Which is half a percent.

If you use credit card in Malaysia the bank charges 1.5-2.5% ...that is so much higher than money changer.

So the moral of the story is this Singapore have very good money chnagers much better than bank conversion rate for credit card. Always save by changing cash at money changer rather than use credit card all the time.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Don't understand.

(27-04-2023, 08:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: MzUCB1Z.jpg]

As I was in a bit of hurry I did not check exchange rate before changing...but he offered 3.32 per sgd which sounds reasonable.

Which is half a percent.

If you use credit card in Malaysia the bank charges 1.5-2.5% ...that is so much higher than money changer.

So the moral of the story is this Singapore have very good money chnagers much better than bank conversion rate for credit card. Always by changing cash at money changer rather than use credit card all the time.

I knew this almost 40 years ago. You mean you just realised this? And you are supposed to be savvy with money matters. Gosh.

Way back 90s when i always go in JB with my school classmates all along go money changer change.

Use backside also can think BANK SURELY CHARGE EXTRA MONEY

BANK ALWAYS THE " LEGIT " Suckers , loanshark Smile

fedPAY corner(NWO)

[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-27-at-20-55-37-DXY-U-...-Watch.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-27-at-20-57-01-Spot-Gold.png]

(27-04-2023, 08:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Way back 90s when i always go in JB with my school classmates all along go money changer change.

Use backside also can think BANK SURELY CHARGE EXTRA MONEY

BANK ALWAYS THE " LEGIT " Suckers , loanshark Smile

It is best to change at money changers, no issues.............. Big Grin

(27-04-2023, 08:58 PM)debono Wrote:  It is best to change at money changers, no issues.............. Big Grin

you see how Bank " play around the exchange rates ' while you buy stuffs in USD or other currency already show u.

I claimed company when I business trip to KL, credit card easier to claim

(27-04-2023, 08:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  you see how Bank " play around the exchange rates ' while you buy stuffs in USD or other currency already show u.

Banks have to pay their staff high salaries, therefore they will charge higher................... Big Grin

For small amounts cc save your the troubles of getting the currency and not leftovers to keep.

i use YouTrip most of the time when i'm in Msia. 
and i just signed up Revolut online.

this fedPAY corner NWO
who cannot perform loses Freedom
[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-27-at-21-52-06-Spot-Gold.png]

first round tioTOX-ed already lost
coronavirus causing covid19 does not exist

(27-04-2023, 08:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: MzUCB1Z.jpg]

Which is half a percent.

So the moral of the story is this Singapore have very good money chnagers much better than bank conversion rate for credit card. Always save by changing cash at money changer rather than use credit card all the time.
It is best advised not to use credit cards overseas unless necessary. Banks earns so much from the exchange rates. In Europe countries, the exchange rates spread can be very wide. That’s why banks are so profitable.

If you know how to play the miles game, you get back more than the bank fees when using credit card overseas.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-27-at-22-07-06-US-10-...ng-com.png]

tioTOX-ed

[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-27-at-22-22-53-Covid-BC.png]
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

So calculating might as well stay at home pcc better.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post