I would rather overreact than underreact': PM Lee looks back at 2020 circuit breaker

"Wuhan virus does not appear to be as deadly as SARS, Singapore PM says"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china...-idUSKBN1Z

(20-01-2022, 12:37 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Talk to positive people, and they say "Singapore is good.  It is a land of opportunities."  These are winners.

Talk to negative people, and they say "Doom!  Gloom!  Singapore is rotten"  Losers.

Change the text a bit..

Talk to rich people, and they say "Singapore is good.  It is a land of opportunities."  These are winners.

Talk to poor people, and they say "Doom!  Gloom!  Singapore is rotten"  Losers.

The fact is you hardly hear poor to rich stories these days (the last one I remember is probably Peter Lim).. I am taking about getting rich legally, not the scammer, loan shark, kind of business..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(20-01-2022, 10:44 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Change the text a bit..

Talk to rich people, and they say "Singapore is good.  It is a land of opportunities."  These are winners.

Talk to poor people, and they say "Doom!  Gloom!  Singapore is rotten"  Losers.

The fact is you hardly hear poor to rich stories these days (the last one I remember is probably Peter Lim).. I am taking about getting rich legally, not the scammer, loan shark, kind of business..

You are right, we hardly hear poor to rich stories these days. Cos to become rich is an uphill task, there are simply to much restrictions to start a company here.....

(20-01-2022, 09:17 PM)debono Wrote:  What do they mean that the Prime Minister can punt a boat in his stomach.....?

Ancient History of China  had a lot of gentlemen which most of us didn’t know at all. This is what we shd learn from them.Once you read how those Gentlemen worked for the country. You will respect their character. Only with such breadth of mind, you will gain more respect by the people.
This is what I have learnt from one of this gentlemen, the greatest revenge is to make your enemy work for you. He could kill his enemy easily but he let his enemy go. I saluted his far sighted view. Just like I respect LKY.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

overreact or underreact, as long as the result is correct, it's a good act. do you all agree?

(20-01-2022, 11:16 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  overreact or underreact, as long as the result is correct, it's a good act. do you all agree?

See what has happened???

Read the story of this gentleman.

https://daydaynews.cc/en/history/amp/men...eople.html

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(21-01-2022, 06:25 AM)Scythian Wrote:  See what has happened???

He simply agreed and accepted medical experts W/O even questioning or due consideration of aftermath s effect to rising deaths tallies.

(20-01-2022, 06:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Your last sentence must be referring to Pritam Singh,

Your IQ is lower than me. Rotfl

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(20-01-2022, 10:37 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Is this over reacting or under reacting?

You be the judge..

https://youtu.be/yRl6MnmZ6Ks

The point of contention is-  Did PAP react passively or pro-actively instead.

Nothing about reaction that shoots out randomly or ineffectively in March 2020.

So what is the point if PAP OVER-reacts but futile outcome?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(21-01-2022, 08:25 AM)Ola Wrote:  The point of contention is-  Did PAP react passively or pro-actively instead.

Nothing about reaction that shoots out randomly or ineffectively in March 2020.

So what is the point if PAP OVER-reacts but futile outcome?

Over reacted produces such end results in 24 months

We believe you

(21-01-2022, 10:00 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Over reacted produces such end results in 24 months

We believe you

They OVER- reacted because they went into PANIC mode, lah.

Just like what CCS had hinted about panic buyers in supermarket.

Siah- Suay.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(21-01-2022, 10:17 AM)Ola Wrote:  They OVER- reacted because they went into PANIC mode, lah.

Just like what CCS had hinted about panic buyers in supermarket.

Siah- Suay.

If the leaders do not know what is happening on the ground. It is a disaster. Don’t keep hiding in the comfort zone and listen to plps crying

乱世出英雄,
盛世出奸雄。

(21-01-2022, 10:35 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:   
If the leaders do not know what is happening on the ground. It is a disaster. Don’t keep hiding in the comfort zone and listen to plps crying

乱世出英雄,
盛世出奸雄。
Leaders should put their ears to the ground, to listen for themselves what is churning on the ground, instead of getting the comments/reports from their PLP........

the worst is to appoint a group of so-called experts who sing the same tune

[Image: IMG-20220121-111006-545.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220121-111106.jpg]

(20-01-2022, 11:38 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  'I would rather overreact than underreact': PM Lee looks back at 2020 circuit breaker, including mask policy U-turn

Read more 📍 https://bit.ly/3GO9Ii4

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

PM Lee had erred in two issues.  One he said that the Wuhan virus is not as deadly as the SARS virus. Secondly, he had envisioned that like the SARS virus it will only last for 5 months.  Now that the Covid-19 viruses are with us for two years, what more can he say........
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(21-01-2022, 11:11 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20220121-111006-545.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220121-111106.jpg]

OMG! What happened?

Have they paid last month's electricity bill?

(21-01-2022, 11:18 AM)debono Wrote:  PM Lee had erred in two issues.  One he said that the Wuhan virus is not as deadly as the SARS virus. Secondly, he had envisioned that like the SARS virus it will only last for 5 months.  Now that the Covid-19 viruses are with us for two years, what more can he say........

W/O PM Lee over reacting , probably 50% population will die of covud19

Can anyone provide a list of those areas where PM Lee over reacted ?