If China& Russia stop using the USD for trade, what will happen to the value of USD?

[Image: D89-F9-B89-F607-4-BBB-A760-C42281-D3-A530.png]

[Image: 115-CC978-A570-4-C7-B-A5-E7-33947-CB8-D117.png]

[Image: C8-CCECEB-E939-4-AC0-8-E25-B5-B4341383-A5.png]

pure imagination by roald dahl
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Nothing will happen like y2k. So many countries to pick up the tab.

It is not "if", China and Russia and many other countries including Saudi, Iran, etc are switching away from using USD. 

The consequences are US cannot use USD as a weapon to sanction others.

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

(08-11-2022, 04:11 PM)red3 Wrote:  Nothing will happen like y2k. So many countries to pick up the tab.

So many countries waiting to dump US$!  Laughing

Don't forget "butterfly effect"!

If it can happen, it would have happened long time ago.

Why not.

1. If not USD what currency? For example Singapore dollar pool would be too small. US economy is largest in the world and well established. Others are Chinese Yuan, Euro and Japanese Yuan.

2. Japanese Yen has disadvantage of being too small I'm circulation given Japanese economy js 20% of US.

3. Euro is probably the best alternative to USD as combined Euro economy is same or larger than US.

4. The Yuan is not possible because it has currency controls. The same reason why rest of the world use WhatsApp and China use Wechat. The currency is divided into onshore Yuan and offshore Yuan and the currency control is in place because Chinese govt is afraid of currency speculators. The Chinese also do not have free trading of Yuan unlike US Dollar, they artificially set exchange rate. While US$ is freely floated.

5. Despite its huge debt and deficit US$ remains king due to widespread acceptance.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(08-11-2022, 04:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If it can happen, it would have happened long time ago.

Why not.

1. If not USD what currency? For example Singapore dollar pool would be too small. US economy is largest in the world and well established. Others are Chinese Yuan, Euro and Japanese Yuan.

2. Japanese Yen has disadvantage of being too small I'm circulation given Japanese economy js 20% of US.

3. Euro is probably the best alternative to USD as combined Euro economy is same or larger than US.

4. The Yuan is not possible because it has currency controls. The same reason why rest of the world use WhatsApp and China use Wechat. The currency is divided into onshore Yuan and offshore Yuan and the currency control is in place because Chinese govt is afraid of currency speculators. The Chinese also do not have free trading of Yuan unlike US Dollar, they artificially set exchange rate. While US$ is freely floated.

5. Despite its huge debt and deficit US$ remains king due to widespread acceptance.

Whatever it is, USD domination will be over soon, some countries will use Euro, others will use RMB or Yen for trading.

SEO mean what ah

Smile

(08-11-2022, 04:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If it can happen, it would have happened long time ago.

Why not.

U stupid. If China wanna walk his way, he cannot follow the common way like example WhatsApp. You need to be different. The dominant usd is eating up the world like Nobody. Fair? They will say exchange rate is fair but is manipulate. Stupid Butt won't know..

Smile