$4.367 billion deficit HDB recorded

https://www.facebook.com/TheStraitsTimes...kl?__cft__

HDB lose money? Land belongs to govt, HDB is govt agency. How can lose money? Left hand says lose right hand covers back.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(31-10-2023, 06:10 PM)surfer Wrote:  HDB lose money? Land belongs to govt, HDB is govt agency. How can lose money? Left hand says lose right hand covers back.

lol this is what most comment , left hand , right hand, left pocket, right pocket....again whose money end of the day?
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

reali arr

(31-10-2023, 06:10 PM)surfer Wrote:  HDB lose money? Land belongs to govt, HDB is govt agency. How can lose money? Left hand says lose right hand covers back.

At the end of 99years the HDB unit owner loses his home and it goes back to the govt. So you think HDB loses money? They are like Shylock taking away your blood for 99 years.

(31-10-2023, 06:36 PM)surfer Wrote:  At the end of 99years the HDB unit owner loses his home and it goes back to the govt. So you think HDB loses money? They are like Shylock taking away your blood for 99 years.

I always tell people , when some don't feel the threat , always in their comfort zone will not wake up.

This is why those 70 percent always give Greedy PAP the comfort thus they become lazy.

[[ForeverAlone]] dateline='[url=tel:1698749246' Wrote:  1698749246[/url]']

I always tell people , when some don't feel the threat , always in their comfort zone will not wake up.

This is why those 70 percent always give Greedy PAP the comfort thus they become lazy.

I have not voted for pappies for decades.

(31-10-2023, 06:55 PM)surfer Wrote:  I have not voted for pappies for decades.

my parents too so do I.

Need to see how they derive this deficit. They dare to release or not.

They like to tell you one side of the story but don tell you the full story...so hold them to the deficit since they only want you to know this....sack the useless gov for incurring so much losses...someone needs to go or step down.

Pls show hard copy if bank account has negative balance.
No money can still give grant to maintain the property's inflating price to the extreme?

meaning some contractors richer of $4.367 billion?

Govt compulsorily acquired land plots cheaply decades ago. Then passed them to SLA and marked them up to "market price". Left hand (SLA) sells to right hand (HDB). Now HDB sells the land below "market price". That's how the deficit comes about. We already know this lah, so don't try to smoke us.

(31-10-2023, 10:25 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Govt compulsorily acquired land plots cheaply decades ago. Then passed them to SLA and marked them up to "market price". Left hand (SLA) sells to right hand (HDB). Now HDB sells the land below "market price". That's how the deficit comes about. We already know this lah, so don't try to smoke us.

I can only say, 人和鬼都是他们lah.

You read their explanation.

https://www.gov.sg/article/factually240823-a

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

HDB lost money is true.
but from a government stand point the government does not lost money due to development.
SLA immediately benefits from land sale. SLA book must be super profitable. news reporter can do a study and report to see how profitable SLA is from all previous cemetery land that is sold. land lease expiry, land lease renewal due to enbloc development etc.
IRAS also benefits. with each development more units paying property tax. no development no additonal new unit paying property tax.
PUB benefits. more units more people paying PUB bills.
many more. but then government is non profit. revenue is tax. so as to pay for work that commercial not willing to do. do it is fair.

from HDB stand point. can start to see if selective enloc can help to reduce losses as more units can be build form the same land. just resettlement, demolished and rebuild cost. so that book can be more balanced.

it will help singapore in this low economic time as more economic activities help to push gdp abit. think better then churning the tree cutting etc. no problem with that just that the highway road block is causing time wasted on road users, indirect accident that is not recorded against the work site but others pay with their damage and some time life. there should be record of the number of accidents near tree cutting, road work block etc. many can be due to the crazy way they block road unnecessarily.

HDB cannot handle contractors...most contractors here in Singapore are into rigged market pricing one.

State land is sold to HDB for the development of public housing at the fair market value assessed by the Chief Valuer, not SLA, 

Who is the chief valuer?