If you have 100K how to turn it to $1M in 10yrs...safely..

To do this you need to compound at 26% a year. If you invest in S&P500, you will have around 250K based on historic 10% return per year.

There are highly speculative ways to do it like using leverage, options and cryptos but all these carry risk of wipe out.

Last time i saw someone do it and documented every investment was Curtis Montgomery of Wall Straits. What was incredible is he did buying SGX stocks. His starting portforlio was 300K and after 10yrs it was 3.2M. After that he closed his website and retired back in US. He passed away a few years ago.

His books and articles are still around for those who wish to learn.

https://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-6227...06580.html

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Your title is misleading. You should remove the word "safely".

(10-04-2023, 10:50 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Your title is misleading. You should remove the word "safely".

I am asking "how"..looking for suggestions.

I do not proclaim a safe method

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No one will answer you they can do it only those can’t make it will smoke here

u are wasting your time asking

u find it

If one can turn 100k to 1m, he won't tell you. He would rather turn 1000k to 10m together with his family and close relatives

(10-04-2023, 03:49 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  If sgbuffett has a job, he could turn $100K into $1M in 10 years

By taking 90% loan on a $1M BTO in a mature estate like Queenstown

And sell the BTO 10 years later when price rises to $2M

It may happen last time but not any longer. Because we start from a low base. Now property price will not increase so fast and so much.

(10-04-2023, 03:42 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  I have turned $50K into $2M in 10 years

Here is how I did it

In early 1999, when a Citibank loan officer told me

The property market is turning as the bank is seeing more mortgage applications

I quickly went with my father is who visiting me from KL

To see a 99 years leasehold 1615 sq ft Farrer Court apartment in D10

Which I bought for $440K on my first and only viewing of an apartment in Farrer Court

My dad told me not to buy as I already bought a resale HDB flat and a 2 bedroom freehold condo in D11 Trevose Park

But that was the only time in my life I did not listen to my dad and became a MILLIONAIRE 10 years later

Yes up did it that using leverage as you borrowed from bank to buy.

(10-04-2023, 10:23 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  To do this you need to compound at 26% a year. If you invest in S&P500, you will have around 250K based on historic 10% return per year.

There are highly speculative ways to do it like using leverage, options and cryptos but all these carry risk of wipe out.

Last time i saw someone do it and documented every investment was Curtis Montgomery of Wall Straits. What was incredible is he did buying SGX stocks. His starting portforlio was 300K and after 10yrs it was 3.2M. After that he closed his website and retired back in US. He passed away a few years ago.

If interest rates remain high, this will be hard to achieve.  Maybe look for start ups to invest in.

(10-04-2023, 10:23 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  To do this you need to compound at 26% a year. If you invest in S&P500, you will have around 250K based on historic 10% return per year.

Any investments higher than S&P 500 average returns is a suspect. S&P % returns also swing wildly up and down and some years negative.

It's always High Risk, High Gain. No such thing as Low Risk, High Gain. For every person who manage to take high gains, especially after dumping stocks, there is another person going to Bedok reservoir.
[+] 1 user Likes lioncityftw's post

Not difficult.
You just need to be disciplined and won't mind doing the same trade over and over again steadily like a robot regardlessly.

With $100k, you can sell 5 weekly Tesla cash secured puts on Monday expiring on Friday, collecting around $3.5k (700*5). Sell at the money and let it expire/assigned. Repeat every Monday.

One year you collect 3.5k*52wks = $182,000.

Ten years= $1,820,000.00

And this is excluding the capital gains/loss of the 5 lots of Tesla and assumed you didn't increase your number of lots.

If you don't mind taking a little longer but less volatile you can replace Tesla with SPY (s&p 500).

(11-04-2023, 04:04 PM)lioncityftw Wrote:  Any investments higher than S&P 500 average returns is a suspect. S&P % returns also swing wildly up and down and some years negative.

It's always High Risk, High Gain. No such thing as Low Risk, High Gain. For every person who manage to take high gains, especially after dumping stocks, there is another person going to Bedok reservoir.

I agree, there is no such thing as low risk high gain..............but there is always high risk high gain.......those that invest in high risk stocks may end up going to Bedok reservoir......... Big Grin

(11-04-2023, 04:15 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Not difficult.
You just need to be disciplined and won't mind doing the same trade over and over again steadily like a robot regardlessly.

With $100k, you can sell 5 weekly Tesla cash secured puts on Monday expiring on Friday, collecting around $3.5k (700*5). Sell at the money and let it expire/assigned. Repeat every Monday.

Ten years= $1,820,000.00

And this is excluding the capital gains/loss of the 5 lots of Tesla and assumed you didn't increase your number of lots.

If you don't mind taking a little longer but less volatile you can replace Tesla with SPY (s&p 500).

Guaranteed eat? Can resign from daily job and go fulltime use this strategy earn a living?

(11-04-2023, 04:29 PM)sgh Wrote:  Guaranteed eat? Can resign from daily job and go fulltime use this strategy earn a living?
I sacked my boss 8 years ago doing this with SPY. Rotfl

(11-04-2023, 04:15 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Not difficult.

Ten years= $1,820,000.00

Stop reading at Sell Put options, LOL. Put here, call there, end up in Bedok Reservoir...:

Don't kernah con by that irritating JiuHuBu/Sean Seah who keep advertising on youtube about options trading having 'maximum upside but low downside' LOL.

all these people got insider info one lah..................if an average Joe were to do it - it's becoz of big risks............and got lucky........

Chase after money not easy
Money chases after u it’s easier.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(11-04-2023, 04:34 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  I sacked my boss 8 years ago doing this with SPY. Rotfl

I need to learn how to do this...

BS is so call what Loo, Kelvin etc local self claim financial guru , give seminars blah blah.

Hey come on , REAL Successful traders, investors KEEP QUIET. They don't tell u how to invest ok.

Look at Warren Buffet he don't directly tell u what he do " backend " too.

same apply for others Billionaire , millionaire investors, traders.

THEY ONLY WILL COME OUT " FAKE INFO " tell u they plan to buy this xxx stock but actually is indirectly want to sell off.
Smile when people like SG butt this type followers will go buy and buy pushing the stock prices , whereas the REAL successful traders/investors behind happy sell high.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post