In 2013, S'poreans protested against population white paper...what is happening now

The population white paper alarmed Singaporeans so much it triggered protests. That was 9 yrs ago. Time really flies.

The figure in PWP was 6.9M by 2030.

Singapore 9 yrs ago had the highest population density in the world already and the idea to further push the boundary through immigration hit raw nerve 

We are now 5.95M and will soon cross 6M....Covid help to slow down last 2 yrs but now immigration will resume to high pre Covid levels. and numbers of immigrants are going up .
[Image: BRorhMW.png]

If immigration is really just to compensate for lower birth rate, the population should not be more than 4+M now.

Immigration is to expand the workforce and boost the GDP.... due to low productivity and lack of innovation driven growth, they use a brute force method.

We will hit the 6.9M. I have no doubt despite govt assurance they will moderate. Once you let them they have their way...it's like that.

Something like slowly boiling a frog.You get used to overcrowding, high property prices and stress levels .. they push it more ...and more. Day to day you may not notice. But you are being slowly boiled just like the frog. Just look at property prices....and cost of living shooting up. Hospitals, hawker centers, mrt train packed like sardines.

After giving you some assurance to placate you and calm your anger 9 years ago ....things go back to business as usual.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/huge-turnout-a...51153.html

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Now the papers turned yellow already ! 10 yrs can turned to a citizen.

[Image: Screenshot-20220809-073828.png]

[Image: Screenshot-20220809-073840.png]

[Image: vUy21xE.png][Image: cEpIR1f.png]

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Heng Arh! I am not as stupid as PAP Supporters

PAP cannot create enough jobs

that is why they die die must give away our jobs to FTs

to reach 6.9 Million population

No need fake NTU degree to see why EP has no levy and no quota

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?