In a few months supermarkets charge 5cts per plastic bag..here's what to do.....

[Image: 4be1dFb.jpg]

Many Singaporeans when they know they have to pay then they cut down on plastic bag use. Actually many countries in the region Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand etc have already implemented. 

This is to address the massive plastic bag waste that destroy our environment. Singaporeans understand something until they are told to do their part. Suddenly,they whine about not knowing how to bag garbage with plastic bags and so on.

I have stop using plastic bags for years, I have no problem with garbage disposal one just have to use  brain to figure out.

Anyway is your habit js so hard to change just use bio-degradable plastic bags. They are around 5 cts per piece.

[Image: UNTaWom.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I rather buy those at around $0.03 per piece common plastic bags from Shopee.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Since a decade ago I have been paying for plastic bags at the supermarkets in tiongkok land.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 09:32 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  I rather buy those at around $0.03 per piece common plastic bags from Shopee.

But delivery cost $1.50

Rotfl

after they pack everything. and charge 5c. maybe o return the whole lot and just take those i can carry without bag. just as a protest against politician micro maanging business unnecessary. plastic as a harm to environment has a lot of publicity. is there a formal study scientifically or not . or just some rich people using money to push it?
just like cannot eat shark fin. shark eat more fish means man got lesser fish to eat. so stupid thing also do.

The onus is on the relevant authorities to come out with  a practical solution  to bag trash especially left over food with gravy before they give the go ahead to charge for plastic bags.

Mindless.

61% voted to pay to act that they are saving the earth.

disposable bags incld those we buy  ice cold seafood like prawns fishes ?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ts-1317811

Singapore trash is  incinerated

"Biodegradable plastic wastes make a difference to the environment only when they are buried in landfills,"

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

"In Singapore, waste is incinerated and not left in landfills to degrade. This means that the resource requirements of oxo-degradable bags are similar to that of plastic bags, and they also have similar environmental impact when incinerated.

"In addition, oxo-degradable bags could interfere with the recycling process when mixed with conventional plastics," said the NEA study.

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

(06-04-2023, 09:24 AM)talky Wrote:  disposable bags incld those we buy  ice cold seafood like prawns fishes ?

No, doesn't include.

5 cents is where ALL can afford. Can see cooked food takeaway containers cost 20-30cents yet consumers willing to pay so what is 5 cents. This is no way deterring consumers at all.

(06-04-2023, 09:26 AM)wendychan Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ts-1317811

Singapore trash is  incinerated

"Biodegradable plastic wastes make a difference to the environment only when they are buried in landfills,"

Thanks for the article. It seems our problem is we burn waste instead of dumping waste.

I will send this question to Liew Mun Leong to ask how we been to change the system more completely to deal with impact on environment.

Burning so many plastic bags a year just make our air toxic.

I am all for the reduction in plastic bag use ....but still a big gap if we burn.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(05-04-2023, 08:23 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: 4be1dFb.jpg]

Many Singaporeans when they know they have to pay then they cut down on plastic bag use. Actually many countries in the region Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand etc have already implemented. 

This is to address the massive plastic bag waste that destroy our environment. Singaporeans understand something until they are told to do their part. Suddenly,they whine about not knowing how to bag garbage with plastic bags and so on.

I have stop using plastic bags for years, I have no problem with garbage disposal one just have to use  brain to figure out.

Anyway is your habit js so hard to change just use bio-degradable plastic bags. They are around 5 cts per piece.

[Image: UNTaWom.jpg]

Good idea

i like playing this and i did it twice
once in ikea then in a msian mall
got a trolley loaded it with actual groceries
payment time
they kaching kaching
then dont know where to put
then i say then how?
ok put all in one plastic
thats where the excitement is!
i pay for only 1 plastic
the rest they kuai kuai keep it
fun or xiao?

Half cooked policy will end up like tray return, create more problems than solving them?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(05-04-2023, 08:23 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Many Singaporeans when they know they have to pay then they cut down on plastic bag use. Actually many countries in the region Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand etc have already implemented. 

In those countries, kitchen scraps can be buried in the ground, made into composts or worm towers and etc, great for planting and the environment. But how to do that here?

5 cents is nothing, in Australia they are charging 15 cents per bag.

We will see more smelly rubbish chutes in HDB rubbish chutes should people not want to pay for the plastic bags. Maybe more cockroaches infestations too. Back to the early days of nation building when people use newspapers to wrap their rubbish and throw down the chutes?

tomorrow will be a better day

(05-04-2023, 10:37 AM)Stoki Wrote:  But delivery cost $1.50

Rotfl

Me collect at collection point free.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(06-04-2023, 02:09 PM)surfer Wrote:  We will see more smelly rubbish chutes in HDB rubbish chutes should people not want to pay for the plastic bags. Maybe more cockroaches infestations too. Back to the early days of nation building when people use newspapers to wrap their rubbish and throw down the chutes?

HDB should distribute standard rubbish bags for every household

Not just food scraps but aso pet poops, sanitary pads, ... how to showcase to foreigners?

(06-04-2023, 02:09 PM)surfer Wrote:  We will see more smelly rubbish chutes in HDB rubbish chutes should people not want to pay for the plastic bags. Maybe more cockroaches infestations too. Back to the early days of nation building when people use newspapers to wrap their rubbish and throw down the chutes?

HDB should distribute standard rubbish bags for every household. The plastic bags from supermarkets are not  strong, can’t be used as rubbish bags

Some people dump soup in NTUC plastic bag, the soup leaks on the kitchen floor, very sticky

everyone using environmental issue as reason for increasing price and profit.

What is the purpose of such policy to charge 5cts? Does the authority know that consumers want such plastic bags to store their food scraps, kitchen scraps after preparing food for cooking? Does the authority want consumers to dump directly into the bins without wrapping them in plastic bags? Why implement such stupid policy only to see the rubbish bins full of rubbish with no plastic bags?

(06-04-2023, 02:15 PM)A2Z Wrote:  What is the purpose of such policy to charge 5cts? Does the authority know that consumers want such plastic bags to store their food scraps, kitchen scraps after preparing food for cooking? Does the authority want consumers to dump directly into the bins without wrapping them in plastic bags? Why implement such stupid policy only to see the rubbish bins full of rubbish with no plastic bags?

I think the authorities know but what to do? They can provide no alternatives except to silently hint to you pay monies to get trash bag to bin your rubbish.

stop the farking F1 race can save how many carbon footprint ?

(06-04-2023, 02:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  I think the authorities know but what to do? They can provide no alternatives except to silently hint to you pay monies to get trash bag to bin your rubbish.

Their party PAP. Have to live up to its name. Pay And Pay.

tomorrow will be a better day

Plastic bag manufacturers will huat big big. They'll make thicker ones to sell for more profits