Han Fook Kwang : Make banks pay for phising scam losses...

All these scam smses can be avoided if the telco transfer the sms messages
to the bank first for verification before the victim can read the message.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

If their high pay IT staff don’t knew how to install emergency button PM me I don’t mind to tech them for freee

The viruses keep coming in and the money goes out.

avoids ocbc at all cost.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

(16-01-2022, 04:08 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Isn't what you describe already there right now, as in the transaction will be completed if you press the accept button on my phone banking app?

no.
now, you transfer any money, you will not receive any SMS  to approve the transfer of  your money.
someone can transfer any money once he has access to your internet account.

i can give you all my passwords and tokens to you to access my internet account.
when you try to transfer my money, i will receive sms to seek my approval to transfer the money.
i will reject your request and you cannot transfer my money at all.

(16-01-2022, 04:32 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  All these scam smses can be avoided if the telco transfer the sms messages
to the bank first for verification before the victim can read the message it.

All their high pay IT staff sleeeping one Bo chua Kang de …your $$$ your problem… the bank should pay back the $$$ to customers…  Angry

(16-01-2022, 04:54 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  All their high pay IT staff sleeeping one Bo chua Kang de …your $$$ your problem… the bank should pay back the $$$ to customers…  Angry

The banks will not pay for the loss of customers money cos they are claiming to be ignorant of this transaction....
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(16-01-2022, 05:15 PM)debono Wrote:  The banks will not pay for the loss of customers money cos they are claiming to be ignorant of this transaction....

if I don’t trust their system … can I use my own systems to make transactions?!!! My $$$ why can’t I decide which System to use when make transactions?!!!  Angry

(16-01-2022, 05:35 PM)cwc29 Wrote:   if I don’t trust their system … can I use my own systems to make transactions?!!! My $$$ why can’t I decide which System to use when make transactions?!!!  Angry

I used your system now my $$$ gone who answer ?!!! Bank tio BOH?!!!  Angry

This is clearly a CLASS ACTION case.

Any lawyers with the foresight to test the new law, acting on contingent fees and % of recovery.

Rotfl Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

(16-01-2022, 12:56 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Can a person move the fund from fixed deposit account to saving account using Internet banking? If can, I better go to the bank and to close my Internet banking account.

DBS CAN 
U CAN DEPOSIT FD ON LINE SO CAN DO THE REVERSE TO WITHDRAW N PUT INTO SAVINGS ACCT.
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(16-01-2022, 05:43 PM)talky Wrote:  DBS CAN 
U CAN DEPOSIT FD ON LINE SO CAN DO THE REVERSE TO WITHDRAW N PUT INTO SAVINGS ACCT.

So it is risky to have money with DBS....
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Going OCBee c now withdraw all my FD and keep under my pillows better … got 1 mil FD don’t pray pray
[+] 1 user Likes cwc29's post

(16-01-2022, 05:51 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Going OCBee c now withdraw all my FD and keep under my pillows better … got 1 mil FD don’t pray pray

What happened Sunday evening also long Q  Angry

(16-01-2022, 05:51 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Going OCBee c now withdraw all my FD and keep under my pillows better … got 1 mil FD don’t pray pray

You not afraid of being robbed, or fire burn your money under your pillow....

(16-01-2022, 04:53 PM)forum456 Wrote:  no.
now, you transfer any money, you will not receive any SMS  to approve the transfer of  your money.
someone can transfer any money once he has access to your internet account.

i can give you all my passwords and tokens to you to access my internet account.
when you try to transfer my money, i will receive sms to seek my approval to transfer the money.
i will reject your request and you cannot transfer my money at all.
So what you are asking for is 3FA lah.. the 3rd FA being your approval via phone.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(16-01-2022, 06:30 PM)debono Wrote:  You not afraid of being robbed, or fire burn your money under your pillow....
Tio scam or tio burn ?!!  .. I sure most will choose tio burn at least tio burn still got ass tio scam nothing left liao tio BOH ?!!!  Laughing

(16-01-2022, 07:19 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Tio scam or tio burn ?!!  .. I sure most will choose tio burn at least tio burn still got ass tio scam nothing left liao tio BOH ?!!!  Laughing
Tio, but the money cannot be used anymore......

not just bank, must also hold telco responsible for such scam. Cause they are the first tier of filtering gateway. can easily detect the number from overseas even with a (+65). Telco should be the biggest culprit to allow such scams to happen

OCBC cannot just wash hand and push away the problem to consumers. Bank must bear bulk of the responsibility.

Bank will not compensate unless GOVT tells them to.

Because if Bank start compensating now...they have to Compensate in future for all Scams....

hahaha....

(16-01-2022, 11:53 AM)forum456 Wrote:  No matter how many times the money is transferred, the electronic trail will be recorded until the money is cashed out.
Even if the money is cashed out ,the person identity will be known because he owns the final bank account.

It is up to OCBC and the police to go after the person who cash out the money.

No one can steal bank money using online account without exposing their own identity

Maybe still under investigation. But surely someone can come out and address this and take full responsibility. That will give public confidence.

(16-01-2022, 09:48 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Bank will not compensate unless GOVT tells them to.

Because if Bank start compensating now...they have to Compensate in future for all Scams....

hahaha....

Not saying they need to compensate. But they need to assure the public that they are doing something about it in investigation quickly. Not just quiet like that.

Do not overload the Banks
They have terrible responsibilities.
US corporation is DEAD with implications.
Balancing the Books at 3pm Clearing is not a breeze like writing another cheques.

(16-01-2022, 04:05 PM)Reallymeh Wrote:  Can Telco prevent such sms?

Another safest way is to stop SMS/WhatsApp  messaging. Rotfl
In internet world, nothing is absolute safe but we can minimise it.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"