Powell did not say anything new or surprising...

The interest rate outlook did not change at all. It is the same before and after the speech.

If you look at the bond market from Monday to Friday there is not change at all. Apparently the bond market did not find anything different before and after Powell speech. The probability of 0.50% and 0.75% rate hikes remain the same.

[Image: xHaWXgH.jpg]

The main reason why stocks go down....is because investors became overly optimistic and push up the DOW and Nasdaq up even as jnterst rate outlook is rising and unfavorable to stocks. Now they have to selldown those gains which were not supported.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

talk so much. Outlook is negative. No less...

Smile

(27-08-2022, 11:21 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The interest rate outlook did not change at all. It is the same before and after the speech.

If you look at the bond market from Monday to Friday there is not change at all. Apparently the bond market did not find anything different before and after Powell speech. The probability of 0.50% and 0.75% rate hikes remain the same.

The main reason why stocks go down....is because investors became overly optimistic and push up the DOW and Nasdaq up even as jnterst rate outlook is rising and unfavorable to stocks. Now they have to selldown those gains which were not supported.

PAP should import more geniuses like you

Meanwhile Biden has started midterm election campaign.

They just want him to say something good about the inflation but he said none.

When Mr. Volcker became Fed chair in 1979, inflation was running above 11 percent annually

The Fed increased its benchmark federal funds rate from 10.5% in July 1979 to 17.6% in April 1980.

Now how many percent? 

Got effect meh?