Indranee- Another hell raiser?

1) Indranee Rajah: If we want to do more for people, we’ll have to spend more - The Independent Singapore News

Already collected excess GST, still not enough?

2) Balancing priorities in Budget an exercise in leadership, says Indranee at youth dialogue | The Straits Times

Another Heng SK who uses money to achieve good behaviour in students?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Around 105,000 families live in poverty in 2015. Since SG ranks in Income Inequality, I can only guess that maybe now we have 120,000 families in poverty.

How much was spent to help these families in poverty?

IRAS 2017 ( meaning $ collected in 2016)
[Image: IRAS-11-B-collected-from-GST-2017.png]

Has she look at how civil servants and grass roots waste money?
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

It only show the incompetence of their administration. Therefore keep asking for more.

Otherwise there must be some mismanagement during these period of time that resulted them to ask for more to make up the losses they have made. How else to explain the need for more?
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

Spending money at places where it is needed is not a problem.. I am sure folks will not object to that..

The keyword is "Needed"..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Her CCBAI mouth even dare to use budgeting to exercise leadership!

If she has ZERO salary and no authority but just a job title, can she lead? If so, then that is true leadership. 

Which idiot voted for PAP?

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Don’t complain, you voted for this. Rotfl
Instead of doing Big Cost Reduction, they do the reverse. This is what actually happen in US now. Overspending and it has become addictive. Debt is enormous.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Let delay it again for next 10 years.. Lols

(23-01-2022, 08:09 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Has she look at how civil servants and grass roots waste money?
This one hv been blinded by it's follies.

If the govt upfront tell me tax increase is to fund social programmes and elderly ..I would say go ahead.

But if it is to accumulate surplus. Spend more on defense. Govt out scholarships to foreigners, fund govt linked businesses....if will say "go flu kite".

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

In many ministries and stat boards, one of the KPIs is to use up all the budget that has been allocated to you. So it is very usual to see people scrambling to use their funds even when there is no real need. If they don't use the money they'll be penalized. Why not scrap this practice for a start?
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(23-01-2022, 10:43 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  In many ministries and stat boards, one of the KPIs is to use up all the budget that has been allocated to you. So it is very usual to see people scrambling to use their funds even when there is no real need. If they don't use the money they'll be penalized. Why not scrap this practice for a start?

My friend in PUB said she was sent for the same course for 3 years.

3rd year, she said she does not want to attend the course and was scolded.

WHY? Because the stupid budget must be used up.

So, she ended- up taking the same course year after year.

PAP still dare to say Self- Check ownself is a virtue.

PUI!

[Image: OYK-Ownself-check-ownself-is-a-virtue-Jan-22.png]

online picture uploader

Perhaps she's right... the 61% need to make the difficult decision n have the politikal courage to boot her out of parleemen Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(23-01-2022, 10:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If the govt upfront tell me tax increase is to fund social programmes and elderly ..I would say go ahead.

But if it is to accumulate surplus. Spend more on defense. Govt out scholarships to foreigners, fund govt linked businesses....if will say "go flu kite".

Taxes should not be used to accumulate surplus/reserves.

KNN the reserves accumulated over the years also so stingy to use.

Use a bit also want to replenish in a short time.

Isn't the purpose of our reserves is to be used for emergency?
[+] 1 user Likes SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

Oh her , Chan Chun Sing is like her last time newbie free rider...

Many ministries don't spend all the budget allocated to them.

They keep their surpluses and spend or invest indiscriminately.

Cannot remember which ministry went into fund management and into the Lehman fiasco.

ALL MINISTERIAL SURPLUSES MUST BE RETURNED TO MOF.

EVERY YEAR GOVT MUST REPORT THE BALANCE SHEET OF EACH MINISTRY.

(23-01-2022, 08:45 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Don’t complain, you voted for this. Rotfl
Instead of doing Big Cost Reduction, they do the reverse. This is what actually happen in US now. Overspending and it has become addictive. Debt is enormous.
Don't spend how to make economy growing?
More people jobless and no increase in salary or bonus, right ?

(23-01-2022, 10:43 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  In many ministries and stat boards, one of the KPIs is to use up all the budget that has been allocated to you. So it is very usual to see people scrambling to use their funds even when there is no real need. If they don't use the money they'll be penalized. Why not scrap this practice for a start?
Save the balance for staff's welfare or donation to charity organizations.

stupid idiot
why are u stealing from poor

(23-01-2022, 07:30 PM)Oasis Wrote:  Don't spend how to make economy growing?
More people jobless and no increase in salary or bonus, right ?

Of course need to spend, must not over spend just to boost economy.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"