Instead of tax tobacco...and squeezing addicts

Sometimes I see lowly paid security guards smoking.
The tax increase just squeeze them more instead of stopping them from smoking. Not only are they stuck with a bad habit their pocket is also drained. ...

Has govt even checked if the tax increases help to prevent smoking? I doubt so....

The govt should increase the smoking age by one each yr and prohibit those below the age to buy cigarettes.Slowly a d surely smoking will be eliminated from our society.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 4 users Like sgbuffett's post

I tell u rah SPF , ICA going to be busy

you increase more , = more demand for vaping and " duty free tax cigarettes been smuggling into SG "

(14-02-2023, 06:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I tell u rah SPF , ICA going to be busy

you increase more , = more demand for vaping and " duty free tax cigarettes been smuggling into SG "

You are right there could be more duty free tax cigarettes smuggling, even though the penalty is great.  They are willing to take the chance, for instant riches..... Big Grin

CES no reply from you ? You surrender already?

(14-02-2023, 06:06 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sometimes I see lowly paid security guards smoking.
The tax increase just squeeze them more instead of stopping them from smoking. Not only are they stuck with a bad habit their pocket is also drained. ...

Has govt even checked if the tax increases help to prevent smoking? I doubt so....

The govt should increase the smoking age by one each yr and prohibit those below the age to buy cigarettes.Slowly a d surely smoking will be eliminated from our society.

Sometimes mRNA is more dangerous than smoking. Some smoke 50 years still no stroke.

(14-02-2023, 06:31 PM)sogo Wrote:  Sometimes mRNA is more dangerous than smoking. Some smoke 50 years still no stroke.

Smoking for the smoker may not be that serious, but the side stream smoke or second-hand smoke is the dangerous one.  It will cause the victim to get lung cancer........ crying

(14-02-2023, 06:38 PM)debono Wrote:  Smoking for the smoker may not be that serious, but the side stream smoke or second-hand smoke is the dangerous one.  It will cause the victim to get lung cancer........ crying

Take mRNA won't get lung cancer but will die swiftly
[+] 1 user Likes sogo's post

(14-02-2023, 06:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I tell u rah SPF , ICA going to be busy

Indonesia smugglers huat liao.

(14-02-2023, 07:03 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  Indonesia smugglers huat liao.

those sell vaper also huat ,

Bet SPF and ICA going to be busy raid and raid..

(14-02-2023, 06:06 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sometimes I see lowly paid security guards smoking.

They will continue to smoke and curse PAP lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(14-02-2023, 07:24 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  They will continue to smoke and curse PAP lah! Big Grin

That will be the natural thing to do................... Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

Smoke less or stop the habit lor. Can pick up the habit means can drop it lah.

See …. told you all ….. smoking make one bery stupid …. proven again

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Skip cigarettes and switch to roll tobacco to lower cost.

(14-02-2023, 07:28 PM)debono Wrote:  That will be the natural thing to do................... Big Grin

Smoke gets in your eyes lah! Big Grin

LW and the PAP govt is doing a great job by increasing the taxes on tobacco in order to save the life of smokers.

smokers are affected. one can overcome the 5cents increased per stick by smoking less with reduce impact .
cut 2 sticks of cigerette into 2 for each pack.
smoke the 4 1/2 sticks when really need to curb it. especially in time like waiting for private hire. don't know when the car will arrive and sometime jsut light only the car appear. so 1/2 a stick is ok. just enough to let the lung feel good.
hope it helps.

Save lives? Why not outright ban cig?

Now is the best time to quit smoking.

Ish ok, smoking is no good and the sooner addicts quit the better for everybody Big Grin

I am an anti smoking nazi and I always report to NEA if I catch smokers smoking at illegal places Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Tax 100% increase even better..

Everyday I encounter smokers walking ard pavement and smoke at the same time. Bloody hell, u want to die yr prob, don'take me inhale yr 2nd hand smoke.

Tax high high until these bloody smokers can no longer afford to smoke outside. Must stay at home in comfort to enjoy the expensive smoke..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

Limpeh wan to smoke Why U GGYY
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEi2z-AUwAMxdHj.jpg:large

Why increase so little? No impact man!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(15-02-2023, 08:13 AM)Fit Wrote:  Why increase so little? No impact man!

Cannot one time increase so much cos those smokers will go Hong Lim Park to protest................slowly slowly kill the monkey............ Big Grin

Necessity Vs luxury 
Just make a ground sensing one can notice when smokers congregate and chit chatting, they spend more than 5 minutes of their working time. Non smokers have to work more How many working time are consumed in a working day , a month and a year?

(15-02-2023, 07:38 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Ish ok, smoking is no good and the sooner addicts quit the better for everybody Big Grin

I am an anti smoking nazi and I always report to NEA if I catch smokers smoking at illegal places Laughing

I am also an advocate of no smoking, and will report to NEA for those who smoke in prohibited areas................ Big Grin

(15-02-2023, 08:13 AM)limpeh394 Wrote:  Limpeh wan to smoke Why U GGYY
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEi2z-AUwAMxdHj.jpg:large

He quit cold turkey way you know.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(15-02-2023, 12:58 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  He quit cold turkey way you know.

My elder brother quit smoking after smoking for 20 years by cold turkey, he was hospitalized for 5 days after which he is free from the nicotine addition............ Big Grin

The tax increase just squeeze them more instead of stopping them from smoking. 

Well, they can stop smoking!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(15-02-2023, 01:04 PM)debono Wrote:  My elder brother quit smoking after smoking for 20 years by cold turkey, he was hospitalized for 5 days after which he is free from the nicotine addition............ Big Grin

Good for your elder brother.  Hope he is much better now Big Grin