Any SGtalker Kor Kor remember this place?

[Image: C6-E37-A25-87-B4-4-D56-9686-07-BF2-ECE87-A3.jpg]

Around Kampong glam, beach rd and arab st area lah. You never been there b4?

I think, your Uncle was one of them. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(26-10-2023, 03:03 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Around Kampong glam, beach rd and arab st area lah. You never been there b4?

How I know? I haven't come to this world yet. I saw from online they claim last time don't have starbuck people drink here.

last time u go there do what?

That place was demolished at around early to mid 70s. So some ah peh shd know this place

bras basah rd indian rojak stall

(26-10-2023, 03:05 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  How I know? I haven't come to this world yet. I saw from online they claim last time don't have starbuck people drink here.

last time u go there do what?85upl

Nearby tan quee lan st, seah st, got several hainan clan associations, famous hainanese chicken rice restaurants,... yr parents and uncle never brought you there?

(26-10-2023, 03:15 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Nearby tan quee lan st, seah st, got several hainan clan associations, famous hainanese chicken rice restaurants,... yr parents and uncle never brought you there?

Never. Must be that famous one what " ji " hanianese chicken rice. Whereby his kids fight over the landed house one is it.

(26-10-2023, 03:28 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Never. Must be that famous one what " ji " hanianese chicken rice. Whereby his kids fight over the landed house one is it.
Yr uncle shd know these places. Last time businessmen liked to meet here for lunch and drinks, and discussed about business. Then played a few rounds of mahjong. Their kids got nothing to do, so just hanged around for hours

(26-10-2023, 03:34 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Yr uncle shd know these places. Last time businessmen liked to meet here for lunch and drinks, and discussed about business.  Then played a few rounds of mahjong. Their kids got nothing to do, so just hanged around for hours

No wonder my uncle and grandmother grandfather never tell me. They work as sweeper near the Spore River harbor area. They sweep sweep one day can accumulate a few hundred grams of rice that dropped from the rice sacks the coolies are carrying. Use water wash clean can cook. Hokkien we are. A lot of Hokkien do rough job in early days. Hainan open coffeeshop. Cantonese do business. Hence Spore more Hokkien.

(26-10-2023, 03:34 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Yr uncle shd know these places. Last time businessmen liked to meet here for lunch and drinks, and discussed about business. Then played a few rounds of mahjong. Their kids got nothing to do, so just hanged around for hours

(26-10-2023, 03:40 PM)sgh Wrote:  I never ask my uncle , maybe last time he always hang out at Raffles place with Ang mo clients.

No wonder my uncle and grandmother grandfather never tell me. They work as sweeper near the Spore River harbor area. They sweep sweep one day can accumulate a few hundred grams of rice that dropped from the rice sacks the coolies are carrying. Use water wash clean can cook. Hokkien we are. A lot of Hokkien do rough job in early days. Hainan open coffeeshop. Cantonese do business. Hence Spore more Hokkien.

nah, Hainanese not say a lot so call businessman.
My parents told me , as Hainanese we are the last one come SG our ancestors.

The first dialect groups are Hokkien and Cantonese , Teochew etc

Actually I noticed seem like Is Teo Chew more businessman in SG.

(26-10-2023, 04:18 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  nah, Hainanese not say a lot so call businessman.
My parents told me , as Hainanese we are the last one come SG our ancestors.

The first dialect groups are Hokkien and Cantonese , Teochew etc

Actually I noticed seem like Is Teo Chew more businessman in SG.

Ofc not as many as other dailet groups. But some did import/export like Yr uncle, own rubber plantations in Malaysia, hv properties and businesses in shanghai and hainan island.

(26-10-2023, 04:26 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Ofc not as many as other dailet groups. But some did import/export like Yr uncle, own rubber plantations in Malaysia, hv properties and businesses in shanghai and hainan island.

My Uncle don't deal much with Malaysia , China. More with Ang mo Smile

(26-10-2023, 04:34 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  My Uncle don't deal much with Malaysia , China. More with Ang mo Smile

Doesn't matter lah. How cum you never learn to do business with him? One day you may take over his business

(26-10-2023, 04:38 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Doesn't matter lah. How cum you never learn to do business with him? One day you may take over his business

Smile business not easy to do one but from what I see my uncle is smart depend on Ang mo.