JB locals got priced out by Singaporeans

(09-11-2023, 07:37 AM)mrclubbie Wrote:  you sure is singaporeans destroying their market or their own people who are earning sgd in sg destroying their market ?

The truth lies somewhere in between. If I am a Johorean who works in SG, I will be less inhibited in my spending when I am home on weekends owing to the exchange rate.   

(20-11-2023, 11:11 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The truth lies somewhere in between. If I am a Johorean who works in SG, I will be less inhibited in my spending when I am home on weekends owing to the exchange rate.   

I tend to agree with you. Both Sporean and Msian working in Spore earn SGD go back Msia spoil their home market. The Msian working in Spore more jialat becuz they know all the "off-touristy" spots to explore and spend. Then that unknown by Sporean place soon become to sell expensive hence those places are really own Msian spoil own country market. Most Sporeans go to "common" spots in Msia unless they are brought along by Msian who know the way to other hidden treasures which will soon turn expensive too.

(20-11-2023, 05:11 PM)sgh Wrote:  I tend to agree with you. Both Sporean and Msian working in Spore earn SGD go back Msia spoil their home market. The Msian working in Spore more jialat becuz they know all the "off-touristy" spots to explore and spend. Then that unknown by Sporean place soon become to sell expensive hence those places are really own Msian spoil own country market. Most Sporeans go to "common" spots in Msia unless they are brought along by Msian who know the way to other hidden treasures which will soon turn expensive too.

Frankly, I don't really stock up on groceries when I am in JB for the simple reason that I can't remember the prices at NTUC and Giant by heart to make a meaningful comparison with the supermarkets over there. A typical trip to JB involves a massage, lunch, movie, shopping at the mall, groceries, dinner, pumping petrol and then heading home.